Profile for P. Forster > Reviews

Content by P. Forster

P. Forster "redjolie" (Kent, UK)

In The Zone
In The Zone
Offered by Global_Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Brit's back in the zone, 14 Nov. 2003
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
Awesome. Alot of the sounds used in a variety of the tracks (i.e wavering violins, synthesised beats, techno rythems etc) are reminisent of some of Madonna's work. I think it was track 11 than screamed 'Material Girl' (it had the whole da da dada thing), then progessed in its chorus to a vocal serving of synthesised words, that were like Madonna's now famous computerised voice in albums such as American life and Music. I love Madonna, so to me this is all good.
But don't get me wrong though, it's not a Madonna-esque album. Just some sounds are similar thats all. The songs as a whole are rather an r'n'b sounding collection, compared to earlier works. They are the most 'developed' in style, and are a far cry from her first (and what I consider awesome) album.
The new album is fantastic. My favorite track is 'Everytime'. It's so haunting and sad. Brit has done some 'touching' songs before, but this one...I don't know. It's really, honestly moving.
Buy the album if you're at all a fan.
Well done B.

Watership Down [VHS] [1978]
Watership Down [VHS] [1978]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 Nov. 2003
I first saw this film in the early 90's when I was in primary school. I thought it was so amazing. One of the above reviewers mention mavroskouneliaphobia. I can sympathise! The film at times was rather scary. But in a way, I like it more because of it. They could have done an airy fairey film about white fluffy rabbits. But the scenes in this kind of add a greatness to it. It's very original.
I'm a week off 18 now, and my sister's 16. We've recorded it off the tv a few times, but they've all been taped over. I'm going to get it for her for christmas!
You don't have to like Rabbits to watch this film either! because at times you almost forget that they're rabbits....or rather, you don't care that they are. It is truely a (slightly older) childrens classic!

The Others (2 Disc Collectors Edition) [DVD] [2001]
The Others (2 Disc Collectors Edition) [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Basically..., 2 Mar. 2003
This film, in its entirety, is amazing.
The plot is wonderfully chilling; The cast act magnificantly edgy (especially Ms. Kidman (Grace Stewart), who made ME freak out just watching her!); and the setting was spectacularly spooky.
I was amazed at how clueless I was as the twist unfolded; a twist, I may add, that was masterfully poignant.
The film is shot in a classic style, using bleak lighting in a somewhat empty looking mansion, to add to the 'old time' spooky feel.
The acting however is by no means classic in the old film sense. Oh no...this is filled to the brim with acting talent that exceeds ANY of those in the old scary films.

So, it seems the mix of the 'set back' plot; the classic 'bland' settings (to enhance the things that are...and what seem, to be there); but with acting that would NEVER have 'Graced' chilling films before it...have paid off tremendously.
This film is so smart, that it doesn't need extreme special effects, or a mass of blood and gore to scare silly it's viewers silly. This is the first real scary film with intelligance as far as I'm concerned.
In short, watch this film...if you've any sense in realising a great film when you see one, you won't be dissapointed.
Only gets 4 (I would've put 4.5 though) out of 5, because I have since seen 'The Hours', and found her acting even better in that than 'The Others'.