Profile for Adrian > Reviews

Movement - The Peel Sessions 1977 - 1979
Movement - The Peel Sessions 1977 - 1979
Price: 14.27

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets., 9 Nov 2013
I don't like reviewing too quickly in case I change my mind. However, having owned this CD for two years, I thought I might mention that this is, by far, the best compilation CD I own, and I still play this regularly. However, there are so many other tracks that could have been on this that I keep checking for a volume 2 (hint hint).

Precision LED Alarm Clock, Blue
Precision LED Alarm Clock, Blue
Offered by Slamtech Online
Price: 13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly works, 26 Jun 2013
I have given this a slightly generous 3 stars as the clock appears to tell the time and the alarm worked when tested. The clock can apparently never be wrong as it links up with somewhere in Cumbria and should give perfect time. However, it never did link up so I set it manually. I went onto the Precision website and these had helpful looking FAQs which were just what I wanted - but the links didn't work. They had a link to contact for support - but that didn't work. Out of interest I tried the online sales link - that worked. Funny that. I don't think I'll be buying another one, but I am sure it will continue to tell the time and it is, after all, only an alarm clock. If they didn't make such grand claims on the box I would probably be perfectly happy with it. It was not expensive, runs off the mains, fits on the shelf and appears to be still working.

Greedy Spiders
Greedy Spiders
Price: 0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzler, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Greedy Spiders (App)
This is a really interesting puzzle game. I am usually quite good at spatial awareness puzzles, but I find scoring three stars quite a challenge.

The Last Words of the Great Explorer (2012 Re-Master)
The Last Words of the Great Explorer (2012 Re-Master)
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Remaster., 27 May 2013
I have, for many years, been playing a fairly weak sounding CD of this great album, which appears to have been taken from a worn out vinyl copy. This new release sounds superb and is a significant upgrade - well worth the money. Of course, the original material is a consistently excellent album, but the most pleasing surprise is that the extra disc sounds equally good. You never know what to expect with "demos" but these could all have been released in their own right without any complaints from me. You can never go wrong with a TV Smith recording, although I do prefer his voice on the earlier releases (like this one).

5x5 Live
5x5 Live
Price: 19.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 May 2013
This review is from: 5x5 Live (Audio CD)
If Simple Minds had asked me to select my favourites for them to perform it would be virtually identical to these. However, even then, I could have not expected this live CD to sound as good as it does. If, like me, you prefer their early work then you cannot go wrong with this. They really have nailed it.

Amiga Games Quiz
Amiga Games Quiz
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for a few seconds., 13 April 2013
This review is from: Amiga Games Quiz (App)
First time through I got all answers correct even though I had not heard of most of the games i.e. multi-choice questions were obvious even with limited knowledge. Second time through the questions were the same. Deleted.

Trust Vertico 10 inch Netbook Bag & Slimline Optical USB Mouse 17020 (Brown/Green)
Offered by Falcon Computers UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag designed for purpose, 30 Jan 2013
Bought this for my daughter to protect her new tablet PC when she is out and about. Good quality bag with a few extra pockets for mobile etc. Carry handle and shoulder strap. Very pleased with item and service. Very fast delivery.

Stick Tennis
Stick Tennis
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this., 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Stick Tennis (App)
This is extremely addictive. I have not yet played for long enough to work out how to beat the better opponents, but it certainly provides a challenge as well as real fun. On my Kindle Fire it plays perfectly with instant response for a fast game.

The 1/4 Inch Tapes
The 1/4 Inch Tapes
Price: 15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like Buses!, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: The 1/4 Inch Tapes (MP3 Download)
You wait years for Vets recordings to be unearthed, and then two come along almost at once. The previous "Could've Been..." turns out to have been a "Best of...". "The 1/4 Inch Tapes" are more expansive although not all tracks are as consistently strong. However the tracks appear to have been remastered since the last disc and sound far better for it (apart from "Tora" which now has a horrible drum beat!)and some of the extra tracks are excellent - particularly "New Africa", the classic "World In Action" (version 2 on this disc) is now complete, and the live tracks sound surprisingly good. This is highly recommended, if you like that sort of thing.

Could've Been - The Rise And Fall Of The Vets 1978-1983
Could've Been - The Rise And Fall Of The Vets 1978-1983
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail Of Music?, 8 July 2010
For about thirty years World In Action by The Vets has been my favourite song. I have it on a compilation LP of what I assume was, at the time, new bands. This LP, "You're Secret's Safe With Us", also has a track by my favourite band, The Chameleons, so really is treasured. Ever since I have had the internet I have searched in vain for information on The Vets. I assumed they had only made one song, but I kept trying. Then, a few days ago, I did my search and found this download album. You can imagine my excitement, but also trepidation that I may be disappointed. Not a chance. This album is absolutely brilliant has been listened to non-stop (ish) since I got it. The recording quality is not what you get used to these days, but the songs are so good that it doesn't seem to matter. Also my Amazon download misses the first few seconds of World In Action so I now have a doctored version of the album where track one is taken from my vinyl copy. It really doesn't matter. The sheer pleasure of getting this music that I did not even know existed is what counts. Wonderful!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2010 11:16 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2