Profile for Ben > Reviews

Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition
Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition
Offered by sportandstyle24

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Dec 2013
Bought to keep up with my 3 year old on his scooter and more modestly priced than other makes. This thing is fast. A decent push will have it rolling for a good while and even a slight downward slope will see it pick up speed. The brake is shocking but if that kind of thing worries you then think about walking. I noticed some comments about the ride not being smooth but for a solid wheeled scooter I find it excellent. It has a weight limit but I'm of a sturdier build (approx 105 kg) and its fine. The spring on the side stand has popped off a couple of times, its easy to put back on with pliers but I removed it (very straight forward). The strap is handy but a bit lightweight although I haven't needed to use it often at all. I much prefer terrorising pedestrians with my mad scootay skills! Ben. 36 3/4 years.

Sakura Car Mats for Honda Civic 3DR and 5DR Fits Models 2009 Onwards - Black
Sakura Car Mats for Honda Civic 3DR and 5DR Fits Models 2009 Onwards - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Car mats. They're mats for cars., 14 Dec 2013
Arrivedd on time and as described. They fit well and attach to the clips in the front footwells. Not as sturdy as rubber but look much better.

The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move: It's the Infectious Grooves
The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move: It's the Infectious Grooves

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this after finding my original cassette copy chewed up in the loft when moving. Some of the tracks might sound a bit dated and the comic interludes are a bit naff but for the price you cant go wrong. A bit like a thrash metal Chilli Peppers before they went rubbish. Some quality musicians on here too.

Evans EQ Pad Bass Drum Damper
Evans EQ Pad Bass Drum Damper

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a pillow but smaller., 15 Nov 2013
I play a 20 inch bass drum with a powerstroke 3 head. This little thing takes the edge off whilst letting the drum still do its job. The smaller side was pretty ineffective but the larger pad was spot on. Havent played it with a mic but still allows plenty of volume.

Pro Mark DRBLK Drum Roll Finger Wrap and Stick Tape - Black
Pro Mark DRBLK Drum Roll Finger Wrap and Stick Tape - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Unobtrusive, 15 Nov 2013
Its tape that goes on your sticks. Thats it really. A thin wrap is unobtrusive and improves grip. I use a matched grip quite high up the stick and find the tape reassuringly effective. Very easy to apply.

Diana In The Autumn Wind (US Import)
Diana In The Autumn Wind (US Import)
Offered by thebookcommunity

4.0 out of 5 stars 60's Cool Classic, 15 Nov 2013
I have a broad listening taste and like big band and piano Jazz but came across Gap via samples used by 'The People Under The Stairs'. This is a solid 60's esque funky Jazz (as opposed to Jazz Funk) album which will probably have a broader appeal. Worth it just to hear a young Steve Gadd rip it up and The Graduate Medley is fantastic.

ISS Pro 98
ISS Pro 98
Offered by FLBENTERPRISES

4.0 out of 5 stars Ronarid v's Batista, 26 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ISS Pro 98 (Video Game)
Bought as a trip down memory lane, this was the game that did for my degree and put me firmly in the Pro Evo (as opposed to F**A) camp. Plays on the PS2 which I had to dig out of the loft but as soon as it was on I was transported back to a grubby living room at 3 am with a bunch of equally sad mates and a recreational cig. Tony Gubba is the greatest football commentator ever and Ronarid (Ronaldo, the propper Ronaldo that is) is the greatest footballer ever.

Alessi Mr Cold soap dispenser pink
Alessi Mr Cold soap dispenser pink

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks like snot!!, 26 April 2012
A bit of a hassle putting soap in it but when you pump it it looks like snot coming out of its nose! Enough said.

F11 Sports F11-1AEF Digital Watch with Black Resin Strap
F11 Sports F11-1AEF Digital Watch with Black Resin Strap
Offered by tictocwatches

1.0 out of 5 stars Bobbins, 13 Jan 2012
I should've been paying more attention when I bought this as I thought I'd bought a Casio. The screen is wonky and the digits disappear when the backlight is on. I wanted a cheap watch for running and will put up with it until it dies which looks like it may be very soon.

Zeppelin Automatic Large Date Watch Brown Dial And Strap
Zeppelin Automatic Large Date Watch Brown Dial And Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel Zep., 4 Dec 2011
This is the first watch I've worn in 20 years and I'm very happy with it. It's a big watch and feels very sturdy, the leather strap has taken a good few weeks to break in but is now very comfortable. I'd looked at the chronographs but felt they were a bit too expensive and having worn this watch for a month or so am very happy I got this instead. Big face, glass back means you can see it working, feels indestructable and looks retro cool. Arrived unmolested and in good time.

Page: 1 | 2