Profile for Vanessa > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Holiday Hoax
The Holiday Hoax

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and efficient, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The Holiday Hoax (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the feel of this book, the whole Holidays, snow and Christmas spirit along with the attraction and story between the two protagonists. A sweet, quick love story.

Penmort Castle
Penmort Castle

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Penmort Castle (Kindle Edition)
As with all KA books, you get "hooked" in the book pretty quickly, wish sometimes there weren't so many descriptions of curtains, beddings or dining rooms and yet enjoy it so much you wished the epilogues were longer (not that they lack anything). If you are a KA fan, read this book, don't be put off by the whole "ghosts and spirits" thing (I know I was at first), sit back, put the kettle on and enjoy!

Heart of Steel
Heart of Steel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Heart of Steel (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book would be a nice quick read in-between longer books but ended up not enjoying it and skipping to the end. Sorry.

All the Way (Entangled Indulgence)
All the Way (Entangled Indulgence)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bored half way through, 16 April 2013
Sorry but I didn't enjoy this story as much as I thought (hoped) I would. It dragged a little bit and wasn't a recipe for success.

Friends with Benefits (Girl Next Door Book 1)
Friends with Benefits (Girl Next Door Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 16 April 2013
This is a cute little story, did not leave any special memories for me, just that I read it and enjoyed it. I probably would recommend to friends who want to read a quick, sweet love story.

Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series Book 1)
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I dreamt it, KA did it!, 16 April 2013
KA delivers yet again!! It took a really long time for me to start reading this series, I guess the whole "fantasyland" aspect did not appeal to me. However, having run out of KA books to read and needing my fix I decided to give it a go...And what a good idea this was! I totally loved Wildest Dreams, even in a parallel world, KA still gives our much loved alpha-male, no non-sense kickass hero and gorgeous, girly, proud and ballsy gal! I, needless to say, ended up reading the whole series. BUy this book now, you will NOT regret it!

The Runaway Pancake: Level 4 (First Reading) (Usborne First Reading)
The Runaway Pancake: Level 4 (First Reading) (Usborne First Reading)
by Mairi Mackinnon

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quick story, 17 April 2012
This is a short story, very similar to the Gingerbread Man story. It's ideal for children who are learning how to read, as it is quick and not complicated. A good short story to read on pancake day!

Easter Cooking (Usborne Activities)
Easter Cooking (Usborne Activities)
by Rebecca Gilpin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe book for children at Easter, 21 Feb 2012
I love Usbourne in general and this one does not disappoint. As the children traditionally get so much time off during Easter it is nice to get a book full of lovely Easter recipes to make, from chick cupcakes to cheesy bunny shapes, love it, got the Christmas one too!

Lekue 150 ml 3D Small Xmas Tree Mould, Red
Lekue 150 ml 3D Small Xmas Tree Mould, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mould!, 21 Feb 2012
I just love this mould, it has made some lovely christmas tree decorations, shame it is a bit on the pricey side but would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to get in the Christmas spirit and just "make things"...Great to use with children too, all their teachers got some "3D chocolate Christmas trees" this year! I am now thinking of getting the Easter one!

Early Learning Centre - Weigh It Up Game
Early Learning Centre - Weigh It Up Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, 21 Feb 2012
I bought this toy for my children who are just learning sums. The idea is brilliant and they love the concept, however the plastic toy itself is quite unstable and the "numbers" get easily knocked over or the whole thing just falls backwards. To be used with dexterity which is not always easy with little hands.

Page: 1 | 2