Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David (France)

Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Red)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do, 20 Oct. 2011
Have just bought the iPad so was buying a blind but so far this seems hard to beat. It is a snazzy red so looks very smart, quality seems good and the iPad clips into place securely. iPad is automatically turned off when you shut the cover and the magnets are just the right strength to keep it closed. The cover can be made into a stand or folded to the back of the iPad. I have a friend who had an official Apple cover but dropped the iPad resulting in a dented corner as the cover only goes over the front. This case does offer protection to rear sides and corners. early days so will be interesting to see how it copes with wear and tear but for the money it seems like a winner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 7:56 AM BST

Garmin zumo 660 4.3" Motorbike Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps and Bluetooth (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Zumo 660 - Great product, poor routing, 24 July 2011
First I have to say that Amazon were great to order from and when I returned the Zumo the refund happened the day after I put it in the post even refunding the postage. Congrats to them for the great customer service.

I chose the Zumo because it is pretty much perfectly specified for me. It comes with a bike mount, it's waterproof, has wired output or bluetooth to intercom and a built in MP3 player.

I sent it back because it fails to do it's main job which is getting me to my destination as quickly as possible. It seems to have very strange routing priorities. I had it configured to choose the fastest route and to use motorways. It persistently tried to sends me through the middle of a major city near where I live and refuses to use an excellent piece of motorway which I know is 20-40 minutes quicker than the city centre route proposed by Zumo. Even leaving the town where I live it chooses a route through the centre of the town when there is a ring road. On a good day this would only add 2-3 minutes to the journey. On a bad day however it would add 20-25 minutes. It just doesn't seem to make any sense to send me that way in the first place.

After logging into numerous forums and talking with Garmin I am 100% sure that I had the unit configured correctly.

I have also recently been riding with a friend where I bodged my TomTom car satnav onto my bike while he used the Zumo. The Zumo consistently took more complex and slower routes than the TomTom.

I really wanted this product to work but I have lost confidence in its abilities and I would constantly be questioning why it is sending me down a certain road.

From a usability perspective I would say the TomTom is slightly better but there is not much to choose between them. Compared to the TomTom the 2D visuals are about the same but the 3D view is significantly better on the TomTom. In 3D the Garmin distorts the maps so what appears on screen is not an accurate reflection on the actual curvature of the road.

A really disappointing product and not what I expected from a market leader. I just wish TomTom would launch something with the same features!!