Profile for Andries Martin > Reviews

The Real McCaw: Richie McCaw: The Autobiography
The Real McCaw: Richie McCaw: The Autobiography
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
Richie "Offsides" Macaw as I like to call him, has played for years all over the world and I was really looking forward to reading his story. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. Amongst other things I would have loved to know what he thinks of the ability of some of his well known opponents, but there was very little about that.

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras
Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro For Nikon Digital & Film Cameras
Price: 98.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
I love this lens which I use on my Nikon D3100 and 3200. Considering the price I highly recommend the Sigma lens because it is value for money. Pictures are sharp and colour is true. I also have a Tamron which is similar and also cheap and I asked myself which one I prefer. Image quality is more or less identical, but I think the Sigma is a better made product. The Tamron sometimes sticks when trying to disengage the macro mode while the Sigma has never done that. The Tamron isn't a bad lens either though.

'Jesus Himself'
'Jesus Himself'
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: 'Jesus Himself' (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book that enriched my spiritual life. It doesn't seem to be a long book, but the quality of the message was brilliant.

George Smith
George Smith
Price: 7.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: George Smith (Kindle Edition)
George Smith at his best was one of the best fetcher flankers ever and greatly admired by me. I was slightly disappointed by the book
but glad that I read it,

The Last Crusade: The Epic Voyages of Vasco da Gama
The Last Crusade: The Epic Voyages of Vasco da Gama
Price: 3.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
I enjoyed The Last Crusade because I learnt a great deal about a time and voyages that I had heard about but didn't know the details like the reasons, problems faced etc.

The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam (General Military)
The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam (General Military)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
A great book about a sad war. Well researched and very well written. I enjoyed getting to know the individual soldiers, their background and how the war affected them. I couldn't help noticing that the one soldier who didn't seem to suffer from post traumatic stress disorder was a Christian.

The Travels of Marco Polo - Complete [Illustrated]
The Travels of Marco Polo - Complete [Illustrated]

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
This book is a bit long winded, but worth the money and I learnt a great deal about a time I knew nothing about previously.

Nikon Travelite EX 8x25 Binoculars
Nikon Travelite EX 8x25 Binoculars
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 109.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
The item arrived in time for Christmas, it was well packed. After examining and using it I think it was worth the money. The binoculars
are well made and will last a lifetime I think.

Beefy's Cricket Tales: My Favourite Stories from On and Off the Field
Beefy's Cricket Tales: My Favourite Stories from On and Off the Field
Price: 5.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
Not the best cricket book I've ever read, but not the worst either. Some of the stories are excellent and others aren't all that good.

Battle Tales from Burma
Battle Tales from Burma
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lover, 1 Jan 2014
A solid book, well researched and well written. I have learnt a great deal about a war that my late father-in-law was involved in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4