Profile for Sj > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Hate Summer
I Hate Summer

4.0 out of 5 stars Wwow. amazing., 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: I Hate Summer (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. Was a little peeved about the price. But the sample was good. So I chanced it! Amazing is a good word. Loved that the two mc had a past that wasn't smooth. Though the idea of 'teaching' his slightly under sage brother about gay life didn't sit right with me. But it worked.
It needed a little more anguish though. The slight separation they had felt more like a tease. Not enough heartache for me.
Over all a wicked story. Hope they get a book number 2!!!!! I'd buy that without reading the sample first!

The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as it seems. just needs the expansion packs., 6 Sep 2014
This game has valid good points and some real disappointments!
I agree with some users about the movement controls; it makes building anything hard to do. If they incorporated Sims 4 into Sims 3 with all the new functions that Sims 4 has it would've been an exceptional game.
People, I hope you understand that EA is a money making business, the Sims 3 started out the same way, and became what it is now. They are not going to give you everything in a base game all at once as its all about money and profit. wait a year or two and everyone will convert to this new format.

Dangerously Happy
Dangerously Happy

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, then I didn't, so I'm not sure., 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dangerously Happy (Kindle Edition)
Love how this book started. I downloaded the sample, and usually you can yell if it's going to be a good one. We'll as you can see I bought it. And really got into it. We only hear from Aiden's thoughts but this does not feel like your missing out on something

What I liked: how there relationship came about, how Aiden felt about essentially being straight to being gay. How their relationship wasn't perfect, the anguish they both felt then things went wrong.

What I'm not sure about: the BDSM, now I'm not adverse to it. I don't mind it in my stories, when it's between the main characters. I'm not a big fan of three-ways either. I'm one of those people who thinks once your in a relationship monogamy is important. I understood (might be a spoiler) the three-way session between the main characters and a woman. But the three-way with another man felt wrong. And put me off the story. Especially when said man found out that Aiden was new to the world of gay sex & said 'Dairo give him to me' I think I turned off then and skipped those pages. I also skipped ahead when Dairo needed to be punished and went to the same man.

I've found in most gay novels one character is more dominant and the other a submissive. In this story the roles changed. At first Dairo came across as the dominant, aggressor one while Aiden was the submissive but through the story the roles reversed and both were essentially (I want to say the word weak) but they were far from that.
I would of liked to have known what happened to the man that was drugging the guests. But that may be for another story.
So did I like it. I still don't know.

The Backup Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles Book 1)
The Backup Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot. Hot. Hot., 23 Dec 2013
Wow. This book was amazing. The sample given does not do it justice. So glad I took the chance and bought it. We'll worth the read. Would have liked a more explosive ending as the whole book had he all over the place. But I well enjoyed!

Partners - M M Gay Erotica Romance
Partners - M M Gay Erotica Romance

1.0 out of 5 stars this was a terrible read., 23 Dec 2013
I couldn't even finish it. Partnered cops go from being best friends to sex-buddies while one of the is still married. Think I got a quarter way through and gave up. I guess I like my characters to be honest and up-front. Not even a second thought was given to the mans wife. From either couple. Would have had more respect for Alex if he'd halted things because Rick was in a relationship.

Double Full (A Nice Guys Novel Book 1)
Double Full (A Nice Guys Novel Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars ummm, 3 Nov 2013
Loved the concept for this story. It was just poorly written.
Nerdy boy and cool jock it it off spend 5 days together but get torn apart. I guess I just wanted more.
Right up to the point when the return to life offer the days spent alone it went down hill. Maybe if we didn't know what happened to Colt, until later it would of pulled of in a different way. I really hated their reunion- it lacked everything. I read similar books that have had my heart beating. Will they, won't they!!!

River Rising
River Rising

2.0 out of 5 stars it was ok., 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: River Rising (Kindle Edition)
Now while this starts good... For me it gets lost somewhere in the middle.
River is in an abusive relationship with his husband. A man who has beaten (in front of their child) and raped him (not in front of their child). I couldn't understand how this was so easily smoothed over - one minute 'river and said child' are leaving in the middle of the night after; because said abusive husband has shown up drunk (no need to write what happened). The next by what I can guess is a few weeks maybe months later all is forgiven, husband has gotten help, seen the error of his ways and although their marriage is over they have a really good friendship. Although I can't really comment , as I have not been in a abusive relationship, but this tale just seems really unrealistic to me. The love story between river and Adam was too fast / not enough and too many plots were worked in although the dialog between Adam and Mia was pretty funny.
Over all an ok read I would say.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2013 12:00 AM GMT

Tell Me It's Real
Tell Me It's Real

4.0 out of 5 stars oh my god!!!!, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tell Me It's Real (Kindle Edition)
Ok I've bin tempted by this book for a while now! I've put if off because the sample version did not do it justice; and it was over £3. Which is usually my limit to a e-book. Anyhow I got it and I'm so glad I did!!!!
It was AMAZING!!
I LAUGHED OUT LOUD IN SOME PLACES
Spoil alert.
Best scene

'Paul'
I turned
Darren was jogging towards me. For a second I thought he was going to have his revenge for the way I sucker-punched him in the mouth and I frantically looked around for anything I could use as a weapon to defend myself. But I was standing on the only patch of grass that must have existed in the state of Arizona and I didn't think grass stains were an effective defence so I prepared myself to get my ass beat.
"You may take my life" I sputtered at him as he approached "but you will never take my freedom"
He arched a eyebrow at me as he stopped a couple of feet away "Did you just quote brave heart at me"

Had me in stitches. If there are people such as 'Paul' out there where have you been all my life!!! Life would b a constant laugh!
But back to the story. It was sweet, right out funny and sad. A previous reviewer said that the characters were developed, weren't perfect or broken just 'normal'. And as another said ignore the art cover & price & buy. I'm telling you.... You WILL laugh your butt off!

Styxx (Dark-Hunter World)
Styxx (Dark-Hunter World)

3.0 out of 5 stars not to sure, 15 Sep 2013
Ok... Anyone whose read the dark-hunter books. Would properly b shocked when Styxx got his own book. I was actually wondering how SK was gonna pull this off!
The whole misunderstood concept was hard to take at first.
But I guess that's what happens from another pov.

In Styxx book; I was seriously hating on Ryssa. I really didn't understand her at all. And actually wished there was a chapter for her understanding her mistakes and wallowing in them... I practically felt like screaming that Ash's & Styxx's misunderstandings were not sorted till the book was almost done!
And like Ash's book over 80% is of Styxx suffering/debasing. It was abit hard to stomach. As someone else critiqued there is a lot of rape/incest & degrading in this book (not in detail, but still graphic)

Overall she pulled it off. As I wanted to smack Ash so hard... These ppl are gods how can they not see Styxx memories as a human. I don't really want to give away the plot. But it's a good read.

A Pocket Full of Hot: Huge Gay Erotica 10-Pack!
A Pocket Full of Hot: Huge Gay Erotica 10-Pack!

3.0 out of 5 stars ok I guess, 3 Sep 2013
I'm not sure about some of these stories. They are short stories so not much depth. I would have liked the 1st one - about the homeless man & the hotel manager to have been a longer story. Most of them didn't seem true, life like.
Two things that I really wasn't happy with - two or three stories seemed to revolve around revenge/blackmail sex!!! really not my cup of tea, especially if your a person in power(a cop) a definite NO from my end & second a few stories didn't instil safe sex methods. Of course it's universal but the thought of first meeting someone or even a cop blackmailing you... wouldn't you insist they suit up before getting down to it!!!
That part really put a dampen on the whole book for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3