Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Bolton Lancashire)

Rockferry
Rockferry
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth more than 5 stars - by far., 13 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Rockferry (Audio CD)
A sensational album - worth the entrance song alone.An amazing voice complemented by some brilliant songs.The title track is stunning in every way possible.Forget any negative references to her sounding like "whoever" from the sixties - it's more than welcome to hear "real" songs rather than the manufactured rubbish we've had to put up with for many years.Long may she write - and sing.

Five Leaves Left
Five Leaves Left
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and sadly missed., 15 July 2006
This review is from: Five Leaves Left (Audio CD)
I've never listened to an album before and been lost for words.Usually I either like it or I don't.When I first heard this I sat motionless and couldn't believe I hadn't listened to Nick Drake before.Every song was touching.For a debut album it is stunning and the lyrics are incredible.Sadly missed but the music will last forever.

Riot City Blues
Riot City Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, honest and down to earth., 6 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Riot City Blues (Audio CD)
Maybe this album has taken time to evolve.Long live the time it's taken.Not since the song "Rocks" has there been the album to match it.This deserves a lot of praise for it's sincerity.Not bothering if they sound like the Rolling Stones or T Rex or David Bowie - who cares - I wish I could sound like either of those.This album rocks - stand out track is Nitty Gritty - listen to it - the groove is phenomenal.Buy it you won't be disappointed.

I'm a Loser: the Swamp Dogg Sessions and More
I'm a Loser: the Swamp Dogg Sessions and More

5.0 out of 5 stars There will never be anything better, 28 April 2006
This has to be the ultimate in real soul music.There hasn't been a single track I have skipped.The words to every song are phenomenal.If you like any form of soul music - you need to buy this - it's above anything else I have ever heard from any soul cd - and just from one artist - Doris Duke.The best soul cd I have ever heard.

The Hardest Way to Make An Easy Living
The Hardest Way to Make An Easy Living
Offered by Todays Great Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreal., 20 April 2006
How this guy can get away with writing paltry words that I wouldn't even call poetry and putting very simple backing music(if it can be classed as music) is beyond me.Pathetic - just like the 1st album.It doesn't even deserve 1 star.

The Motown Collection
The Motown Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 or 7 stars wouldn't have been unjustified, 13 July 2005
This review is from: The Motown Collection (Audio CD)
What a voice - as good as Dusty Springfield and Diana Ross - she didn't get the recognition that she deserved due to the politics at the time at Motown - well let's just say that "that" recognition is long overdue and thoroughly deserved - and I'm still only listening to the first cd. If I could have awarded it 7 stars - I would have had no hesitation.