Profile for Mr. P. Harvey > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Harvey
Top Reviewer Ranking: 378

Mr. P. Harvey "Phil" (Cornwall, UNITED KINGDOM)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
by Edward J. Ruppelt

5.0 out of 5 stars The Report On Unidentified Flying Objects: By The Former Head Of Project Blue Book - paperback., 1 Jun. 2015
This is a reprint of the famous 1956 UFO report compiled by Edward J. Ruppelt. Rather than debunking the subject of UFOs this highly authoritative document leaves room for doubt. In a small percentage of cases the phenomena may actually involve superior intelligence not of this Earth. The report was written during the Cold War era (1947 - 1991) when international tensions were at their highest and the threat of all out World war was ever present. Technological superiority by any one nation threatened to destabilise international relations so the subject of UFOs was taken very seriously. The report has become something of a classic. Its young author (EJ Ruppelt) died at the early age of 37 of a heart attack.

TeckNet® PowerZone C4 Universal BLUETEK™ USB-C Power Adapter 36W/5V 7.2A 4 Port USB Wall Charger for Apple iPad,iPad Mini,iPhone,Samsung Galaxy,Nexus 5X/6P,More Mobile Phones & Tablets
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet® 30W 4-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Wall Charger (5V 6A) with BLUETEK™ Smart Charging Technology., 31 May 2015
I own a couple of very useful portable TeckNet battery packs but this company also manufacture a range of mains powered, multi-port chargers. This 30W unit has 4x USB outputs which in total can supply a hefty 6A at 5Vdc. As a general purpose charger, with an input voltage range of 110Vac - 240Vac, it has universal appeal and can be used around the World.

I purchased one, not for my own use, but as a birthday present and from feedback received from the recipient, this power supply is highly praised for its performance and reliability. In consideration of this positive report I have rated this product as 5-stars.

I may now purchased one for myself, if they should become available again.

Genuine Samsung Micro USB Sync Cable / Data Cable / Charging Cable / Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Ace Duos , Ace Plus, Ace, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Mini 2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S, S Plus, S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4 I9500 (No Retail Package)
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Samsung Micro USB Sync Cable / Data Cable / Charging Cable., 31 May 2015
This genuine Samsung cable was purchased along with a Samsung digital camera so they naturally complement one another. The Samsung camera, a WB50F, has proven to be a miracle of modern technology with its built-in Wi-Fi capability and the ability to send images as attachments to emails created within the camera itself. There is no need to transfer the images to a tablet, e.g. iPad, for processing and emailing. The Samsung camera does everything. If the images need to be transferred to a laptop for backing up (say), this is the cable that will do it. Recommended.

Offered by CKEYIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Ckeyin ® Extra Coarse Blue Micro Mineral Replacement Rollers for Ckeyin Electrical Hard Skin Remover, 31 May 2015
See my review of the 'Ckeyin ® MICRO Pedi Style - Express Electrical Hard Skin Remover'.

Offered by CKEYIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Ckeyin ® The Roller Grinding Head of Rechargeable Electric Foot Smoother Foot Care Kit, 31 May 2015

Ckeyin ® Electrical Hard Skin Remover, Powerful Callus Remover Rechargeable Professional Pedicure Device, Professional Portable Pedicure Device
Offered by CKEYIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Ckeyin ® MICRO Pedi Style - Express Electrical Hard Skin Remover., 31 May 2015
I saw this device, or something similar, advertised on TV and I was sufficiently interested enough to buy one plus a pair of fine and coarse grinding rollers. What immediately impressed me was the low price, under £10, and the 1-year warranty. Even if the device is not effective - very unlikely - I have not wasted a great deal of money.

This is a very recent purchase and I have only used it a couple times but the results roughly match those presented in the TV ad'. I have not heard of the manufacturer, Ckeyin, before but the tool looks very well made and designed and performs exactly as expected. Recommended.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card., 31 May 2015
Purchased for use in a high performance digital camera. 'Kingston', a name well known in the memory industry, manufacture some excellent memory products. This 32GB SDHC card (and holder) is very typical of their range. Naturally, the memory card works and performs exactly as described. That's typical of Kingston Technology products.

My only negative comment, and it is a small one, is why should a memory 'chip' little bigger than a finger nail be delivered in a card envelope big enough to contain a multi-page letter? The only answer I can come up with is that as components become smaller and smaller, their packaging must remain large so that the components inside are not lost or overlooked.

kenable Network CAT6 UTP Ethernet RJ45 Extension Male/Female Cable White 3m
kenable Network CAT6 UTP Ethernet RJ45 Extension Male/Female Cable White 3m
Offered by kenable_ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars kenable Network CAT6 UTP Ethernet RJ45 Extension Male/Female Cable White 3m, 31 May 2015
I purchased 2 of these 3m CAT 6 Ethernet cables because I wanted the freedom to be able to move around the room where I work. The installation of the existing domestic network did not permit me to relocate my workstation without an additional extension cable. I chose this cable to provide the extension needed. In most case I usually buy a second cable as a spare.

These CAT 6 Gigabit cables seemed very cheap for the performance they promise and my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased 2x 3m extension cables. I was very surprised to see when they arrived that they looked much better than I had anticipated. The connectors and cable would not look out of place on equivalent cables costing a great deal more. Not surprisingly they work rather well and therefore I feel I can recommend them. I cannot be sure that I have heard of Kenable before.

NETGEAR GS305-100UKS 5-Port Gigabit Metal Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
NETGEAR GS305-100UKS 5-Port Gigabit Metal Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars NETGEAR GS305-100UKS 5-port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, 31 May 2015
I recently upgraded my home network to permit multiple printers to be shared between all network users. In redesigning the interconnections I realised that I was missing a couple components to make the new network workable. The missing components had to be either hubs or switches. I chose the latter because they can be used in a wider range of applications.

The Netgear GS305-100UKS 5-port Switch seemed to offer everything I required at a low price and I subsequently purchased two of them.

Using them is simplicity itself. Inserting them into a network requires some thought but with the aid of a connection map, all that is required is a quantity of Ethernet interconnect cables. I chose Belkin Ethernet CAT 6 cables for my particular application and my network was up and running within a few minutes.

The tricky part is getting the drivers and their associated equipment to work in harmony but that is another story.

CSL - 25m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable | UTP | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | Switch/Router/Modem/Patch panel / Access Point / patch fields | black
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars CSL - 25m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) - 10/100/1000Mbit/s - Patch cable - UTP - compatible with CAT.5 / CA, 31 May 2015
Whenever practical, I prefer to use Ethernet cables in the home rather than to rely upon wireless communications, e.g. wi-fi. Apart from permitting higher transfer speeds, shielded Ethernet cables are unaffected by extraneous radio signals that can disrupt wi-fi thus slowing it down. Furthermore, wi-fi signals are rapidly attenuated with increasing distance and internal building walls can disrupt signal reception. Theoretically, wi-fi signals can be intercepted and are potentially a security risk. I use Ethernet cables in my home network for the longer runs, e.g. from the router at the front of my home to my office at the back of my home, a distance of about 25m with 3 walls between the connected equipment.

As far as I can recall I have never purchased CSL equipment before so the purchase of a long Ethernet cable is by way an experiment and also a test. A CAT 6 cable should offer superior performance over CAT 5.0 and my experiments tend to support that assertion. A close inspection of the CSL cable suggests it was well designed and made with quality components. Therefore, it also passes the test.

I am happy to recommend CSL CAT 6 cables in connection with high performance domestic/office networks where Gigabit performance is expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20