Profile for Mr. Michael D. Robson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Michael D....

Mr. Michael D. Robson (United Kingdom)

Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Cookbook
Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Cookbook
by Levi Roots
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars I love reggae reggae food!, 22 Aug 2008
My friend bought me this book because she knew I was a great fan of Dragons Den and she had seen me consume a fair few bottles of Reggae Reggae Sauce since it hit the shelves.

Firstly I took a flick through the book and read Levi's amazing life story which really helps to give you an idea of the Jamaican culture behind the food. And then I threw myself right in because I was inspired by the food on offer. I prepared a meal for my housemates which they loved. The next day I baked a Jamaican Ginger Cake because I really like the cake you can buy - Levi's recipe is a lot better!

Do yourself a favour and put some music in your food! I hope I can gather some friends together and prepare some Jamaican dishes and drinks for them all to enjoy. Even better, everyone help out in the cooking, put some music on, and enjoy the energy of the food.

If Reggae Reggae Sauce and this book are anything to go by, then I really hope that Levi Root's restaurants take off because there is certainly space for Jamaican food in this country. Please do another book with more recipe's!

Scrubs: Complete Season 3 [DVD]
Scrubs: Complete Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zach Braff
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better and better., 1 Dec 2005
Season 3 is so superb, its hard to know how they do it. Each episode packed with comedy and with their own morals or sentiments that we can relate to in our own lives.
If you missed this on TV, highly recommend you get it...and season 4 is even better than this one!

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for an introduction, not for die hard fans, 29 Mar 2004
Being a Guns N' Roses fan I bought this album just so I had every release. Although i'm not dissapointed with it, I am not pleased either.
One problem I have with the album is the lack of tracks. A GNR greatest hits should be a double CD with around 30 tracks in my opinion. Its missing such tracks as 'Its So Easy' and 'Mr Brownstone' from Appetite For Destruction. From the Use Your Illusion Albums where are 'Bad Obsession', 'Dust N' Bones' and many more. The tracks from The Spaghetti album should have been missed off, and more Appetite For Destruction added. Its such a shame this isn't better. You have to listen to all of Appetite just to know what GNR were all about.
Saying that important tracks are there, Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City, November Rain...all great rock tracks, some of the greatest rock tracks ever.
In conclusion if you need to listen to some GNR for the first time then buy this. It has a good range of songs and for the price you can't go much wrong. Once you've listened to it then go through their back catalogue and you won't be dissapointed. For the hardcore fan this is dissapointing and you feel like the GNR feel is missing somehow. The fact that Slash, Axl, and Duff actually got together and tried to stop this being released because they didn't get to choose the artwork, the tracks, or anything to do with it says it all. GNR by name, not quite by nature.
Buy it anyway if your a fan to add to the collection, never heard of GNR, GET THIS NOW AND YOU WON'T LOOK BACK.

Invincible
Invincible
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!, 6 Nov 2001
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
Don't listen to the critics. This is one of the best albums ever. It is a completly new sound which makes it indervidual. You must get this because it is one of the best albums ever! Michael Jackson just adds factor X which makes it good!