Profile for Mark Veary > Reviews

Content by Mark Veary

Mark Veary (Woolwich, London United Kingdom)

Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) for Dummies
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) for Dummies
by Romilla Ready

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't know what all the fuss is about, 5 Nov. 2010
I've just completed a NLP Practitioner programme with non-other than co-creator of NLP Richard Bandler. I've read this book and out of all the books I have on the subject it is the best one to help a newbie revise and review NLP which at first is pretty overwhelming. It is ethical in my opinion and I like the layout which is pretty to get around. This book reflects the work of Bandler et al nice and simply and in a practical way. It's a great resource for the newbie NLPer and interested person.

The Consultant's Toolkit: 45 High-Impact Questionnaires, Activities, and How-To Guides for Diagnosing and Solving Client Problems
by Mel Silberman

3.0 out of 5 stars For the more experienced consultant, 28 Jun. 2001
I like this book even though I'm new to the consultant role. Some of the material requires the reader in my opinion to have had some previous experience and I was dissapointed when the the theory was not followed up by some practical exercises or intervention. However, I like the downloadable activities of which there are many. Better still you can customise them to your own company design. Not a book for the novice but for the competent beginer.

Facilitators Guide to Participatory Decision Making
Facilitators Guide to Participatory Decision Making
by Sam Kaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 3 Oct. 2000
This book is just simply the best one I have ever read for facilitators. It is practical, easy to get your head around and great for the UK audience (not your typical gooey North American content). Simply the best....simply buy it!

The Big Book of Team Building Games: Trust-Building Activities, Team Spirit Exercises, and Other Fun Things to Do (Big Book Series)
by John W. Newstrom

2.0 out of 5 stars COULD DO BETTER, 28 July 2000
I found this book, although well presented, limited in its usefulness for most of the facilitation work I am responsible for. The games are sometimes too complex or a lot of work for little outcome. I found it gave me ideas to then develop in my own way.