Profile for Jim Allsop > Reviews

Content by Jim Allsop

Jim Allsop "Jim" (Oxfordshire, UK)

A Shade Of My Former Self
A Shade Of My Former Self

5.0 out of 5 stars Female fronted Amsterdam Metalcore., 19 Sept. 2013
I love this album, very high energy, well produced and Caroline is an amazing vocalist, she has a great range with both screaming and singing, and great delivery, the guitar is also doing interesting things not just breakdowns but layering great choruses and top lead parts, drums are tight and creative and theres some great extra instrumentals (i.e. strings, piano etc.) also very well mixed, all round a great record and a very worthy purchase!

Replacement Remote Control for Sanyo CE 32 DFN 2-B (batteries included)
Replacement Remote Control for Sanyo CE 32 DFN 2-B (batteries included)
Offered by Remote Controls Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but one flaw I have..., 8 Sept. 2011
I bought a Sanyo CE32DFN2B off eBay but it did not have a remote, so I bought a universal remote, but realised that it couldn't do alot of what it needed to so with the digital switchover looming I decided to buy this one, and overall I am pleased that it worked straight out of the box and does pretty much everything you'd expect it to, but the one problem I have with both this remote and the universal one is that I cannot use the main menu within the built in digital channels (in my area freeview doesn't work at all yet). You can bring up the menu but you can't navigate it, i dont know whether this is just my particular set, those remotes or a general problem but i am worried that now after the digital switchover the tv will become completely useless. (If anyone knows anything that can help me place a comment here and tell me please)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2013 11:08 PM BST

Bill Bailey Live: Dandelion Mind [DVD]
Bill Bailey Live: Dandelion Mind [DVD]
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!, 27 Feb. 2011
This is probably my favorite of Bill's live shows, its fantastically funny and has a great little Documentary about the tour as a dvd extra, so in short if you like laughing buy this dvd.

Batman: The Animated Series - Volume One [DVD]
Batman: The Animated Series - Volume One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Batman

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME =D, 27 Feb. 2011
This was, awesome as i expected! I love this show and i'm glad i can finally watch it again, my only complaint is that the episodes seem to have been chosen at random, what i mean is that they don't appear to be in the order they were shown on tv, like occasional episodes have robin, and the rest don't, but really thats just nitpicking. this was good 5 STARS!!! Whoop Whoop!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the price., 27 Feb. 2011
It was pretty easy to setup the chair and only took 5 mins but!! There was a piece missing, altough it is fine without it there shouldnt be any missing pieces, and the lift mechanism is a tad flimsy, but overall it gets the job done and is fairly comfortable. 4 star
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 12:45 PM BST