Profile for Pen Name? > Reviews

Leisure
Leisure
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you actually listening to the same album?, 6 April 2005
This review is from: Leisure (Audio CD)
While it may be fashionable to dismiss this album, and the band themselves may wish to distance themselves from it somewhat due to their circumstance at the time, the music on Leisure is still (to my ears) quite good. Should we disparage that there are the marks of the alleged "shoegazer" sound and Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine influences? I have no idea why. While some tracks, like Fool, are not all that good... there is nothing bad here. And Bang is still an entirely catchy song... intelligent or mature lyrically? No. but it's not dumb, either...
While I do view Modern Life is Rubbish as a wonderful expansion of Blur's style, Leisure is a major accomplishment. And may I dare say that I'm happy to have "I Know" (which suits the album much better) on my U.S. version instead of "Sing" (though I'd like to have had both)