Profile for Empi > Reviews

Born to Die
Born to Die
Offered by Sent2u

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Born to Die (Audio CD)
Supplier was fine. Album has some brilliant tracks and some average ones. It's quite a dark album really but I still like the good tracks a lot.

TRIXES HQ Capacitive Stylus Purple x4 Pens for iPhone iPad & All Touch Devices
TRIXES HQ Capacitive Stylus Purple x4 Pens for iPhone iPad & All Touch Devices
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap, 16 May 2013
Looks like the one my mum had so I bought them but they weren't the same. Cheap nibs and light feel. One of the nibs fell off after a day.

Throw Down Your Arms
Throw Down Your Arms
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars New soundtrack to my recent life., 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Throw Down Your Arms (Audio CD)
I bought this album as soon as I heard one track of it on the radio. I've been listening to it on and off for years now.

It has become one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's not perfect and some of the songs are less plausible than others but they are all good and some are brilliant.

If you like reggae, you'll probably love this.

(Also, I've introduced this album to lots of my friends over the years and they all love it too.)

Brazil: Life, Blood, Soul
Brazil: Life, Blood, Soul
by John Malathronas

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 30 Sep 2012
Too much of the author's personality comes across in the writing style and it's seriously annoying. As if it has been written by an egomaniac. Now, I don't know the author so I may be wrong about the personality bit - it may just be a writing persona but either way it made the book cringeworthy and unreadable for me. On the positive side, if you can bear that, there is a lot of useful info in there for the visitor to Brazil.

Yin Yang Tattoo (Sandstone Fiction)
Yin Yang Tattoo (Sandstone Fiction)
by Ron McMillan

5.0 out of 5 stars Right riveting read., 12 Nov 2010
A great yarn, most enjoyable.

Lucidly described characters and scenes lend it realism that inherently suspends disbelief, making it an exciting and interesting read. A good story, well told, pacey and gripping.