Profile for kindleconvert > Reviews

Content by kindleconvert

kindleconvert

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Summer Chaparral (Las Morenas, Book Two)
Summer Chaparral (Las Morenas, Book Two)

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Chaparral, 26 Jun. 2016
Completely different style of writing from Book 1 in the series, and consequently enjoyed it a lot more. Lots of loose ends still to be tied up, so will look forward to reading the follow up books

An Angel in the Mail
An Angel in the Mail

4.0 out of 5 stars An Angel in the Mail, 30 May 2016
A pleasant book with enough going on to keep me entertained until nearly the end when the plot weakened a bit, but enjoyed it all the same

Rose (Wildflowers Of Montana Book 1)
Rose (Wildflowers Of Montana Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rose (Wildflowers of Montana), 29 May 2016
Sorry, but there was no more story to this than fly in the air! I like a book with believable characters and a storyline with at least a tiny bit of a storyline. Unfortunately this book had neither. Good job it was a free download, I definitely would not have paid for it!

Keeping Sam
Keeping Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeping Sam, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Keeping Sam (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy the story but got the feeling throughout that I had somehow missed half the story, ie, Kate's family background - there were obviously issues there - not to mention her marriage, further issues there. Sam was a little too good to be true. One minute he was sleeping in a cot, which would suggest he was pretty young, but next thing he was having adult conversations with his grandparents and his mother, and being sent upstairs to wash his hands! Minor little niggles which detract from what could have been a good story.

Spare Change: The Memory House Collection (The Wyattsville Series Book 1)
Spare Change: The Memory House Collection (The Wyattsville Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare Change, 1 May 2016
Love the way the Memory House stories are coming together and actually laughed out loud at some of the dialogue in this one. So well written!

Cracks in the Sidewalk
Cracks in the Sidewalk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracks in the Sidewalk, 1 May 2016
Working my way through Bette Lee Crosby's books and yet again hooked from page one

The Apple of My Eye
The Apple of My Eye

5.0 out of 5 stars The Apple of My Eye, 1 May 2016
Very well written book, really enjoyed it

Memory House: Memory House Collection (Memory House Series Book 1)
Memory House: Memory House Collection (Memory House Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 1 May 2016
Loved this book and am now working my way through the others in the series. So cleverly written, I was hooked from page one

THE TYNESIDE SAGAS: Box set of three dramatic and emotional stories: A Handful of Stars, Chasing the Dream and For Love & Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tyneside Sagas, 5 April 2016
Three very different stories, but found each one made for compelling reading. I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars J-Bonest Media Box with remote & keyboard, 24 Mar. 2016
Well, the jury's still out on this one! It's taken me a couple of months to find my way round the box and all it's various functions, and to be honest, if it wasn't for ytube, it would be in the trash can by now. The instruction leaflet was worse than useless and it was more a case of plugging it in and hoping for the best. After watching loads of online videos I finally got to grips with it and have selected the add-ons which suit my viewing preferences. I use the keypad remote control which works fine despite other reviewers saying it is rubbish, and the battery life appears good. When powered up the unit responds quickly and downloads the latest updates. I have watched various live streaming channels with little or no buffering, and have also downloaded complete series of tv dramas to an external hard drive. In the main, downloading is fairly quick, and again the quality of playback is good, but I would reiterate that I would not have been able to do this without the assistance of online videos, so thanks again to all the geeks out there!
Overall, I am happy with my purchase. It is a sturdy attractive looking unit, and it has enabled me to catch up on loads of tv programmes which would not otherwise have been available through our tv. But I would not recommend it to anyone who is not very technically minded, or short on patience, as it does take a fair bit of both to get it up and running.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8