Profile for Mr. Garry Brown > Reviews

Content by Mr. Garry Brown

Mr. Garry Brown "Garry" (Norwich,England,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Devil's Rejects - Special Edition [2005] [DVD]
The Devil's Rejects - Special Edition [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sid Haig
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars REJECT THIS NOW - THERE IS STILL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 Nov 2008
Fancy making your life shorter by wasting some time on this little gem of a film? Yes? - Then there is no hope for you I'm afraid; just give up now. If the answer is no - well thats different. I watched this on the tv on saturday night and this film is simply awful. It had potential with the story and settings but threw it all away with non existent acting. Poor poor directing. Mis casting of good actors and a completly ruined blance between humour and horror. It just ends up being neither. But hey dont just take my word for it. I watched this with four of my friends and two got up and left the front room in the middle. One left leaving me on my own 10 minutes before the end of the film. And me for my sins watched the ending and went to sleep feeling quite depressed. Oh yes the story. A group of sick violent poor actors mutilate a sheriffs brother and lots of other people, go on a killing spree in America and get killed in the end by the sherriff. For the males amoungst us you get to see some full nudity and a pretty pyscho girl who kills and gets her butt out alot. But for women I fail to see why you would even bother with this rubbish. Ive had more fun cutting my toenails and watching them get washed down the plughole when I turn on the tap.... - Well you get the idea. END.........

Black Christmas [DVD]
Black Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katie Cassidy

2.0 out of 5 stars There is worse.... (BUT NOT MUCH!), 26 Aug 2008
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I love horror movies and action movies,thrillers/chillers and Gore filled movies. This film delivers gore in the Saw movies style which is crude and intense at some points.
It also delivers the acting quality that you would find from a film purchased from your local £1/99p store and WORSE by a gulf of a margin. The film does offer some appeal as the girls in the film are very attractive and there are the usual shower/bedroom scenes involved(But this does not save it from being rubbish!) This film follows the storyline of a 70's film of the same name(BUY THE ORIGINAL INSTEAD PLEASE!!!) Basically a John Capenters Halloween story RIPOFF. Oh did I say that outloud? cough! RIPOFF! RIPOFF! RIPOFF! oh thats better. Yes, a killer esacapes from a high security hospital at christmas(not halloween) and goes back to his house and trys to kill anyone there. The original got away with it(dues to its directors quality job creating a good horror atmosphere.) But the new one as my local video store boss told me before I made the mistake of going against his advice and hiring it.... WASTED 70 MINUTES OF HIS LIFE!!! If you are curious try this. I did and my life is now 70 MINUTES SHORTER THAN YOURS!!!! Yes I have seen worse but as my review title states... NOT BY MUCH BE WARNED!! THIS FILM IS CARDBOARDESC AMERICAN AT ITS WORST RUBBISH. NO ATMOSPHERE AND TRYS TO BE EVERYTHINIG IT ISENT IE OF SUCSTANCE AND SCARY OH AND IT PRENTENDS TO BE A FILM TOO.... IF YOU WANT TO BE SCARED TRY A CHILDRENS CARTOON. IF YOU WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED PAINT DRYING IS QUITE GOOD. IVE HAD A BETTER TIME PAYING A SPEEDING FINE ON MY DRIVING LICENCE!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 8:09 PM GMT

Rapala: Tournament Fishing (Xbox 360)
Rapala: Tournament Fishing (Xbox 360)

2.0 out of 5 stars Rapal-ing Fishing!, 4 Jun 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
If you like fishing like me or just want to play fishing games on your 360/wii then dont buy this game. Why? well you have the choice of 3 different lakes in america to fish from. 3 different versions of the same boat and a very limited supply of fishing gear to choose from. The opening music sounds like bad country music gone wrong. The game does have good points such as the array of fish to catch. From perch to crappie and from carp to catfish. This game does not take enough of the 360 power and this game could have been released on the old xbox or ps2. But the game is not fun to play or atmospheric. This game feels dull and the camera angle underwater you get to catch the fish is awkward to say the least, you cant see what you need. Even even you start reeling the fish in (Slowly) the game does not reward you enough.. Anyway please dont buy this and maybe they will release a fishing game in the mold of sega marine fishing or sega bass with a slighly more sim side to it. Lets hope.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2009 8:12 PM BST

Sony Playstation 3 Console (40GB Version)
Sony Playstation 3 Console (40GB Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars I waited for this for 2 years, gave it time..........................., 24 April 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Before I start this review let me tell you I have owned my ps3 since lauchday and that I'm a huge playstation fan. I collect games consoles (N64,ps1,ps2,megadrive,snes,dreamcast,saturn,3do,lynx,mastersystem etc.. etc...) The ps1 was class; 3d gaming, cd sound and making gaming cool at the time when gaming was aimed at kids. The ps2 delivered dvd and 128 bit games to the industry- GT3,GTA3,vice city, Final fantasy and games such as god of war, jak and dexter. And the ps3... well.... I brought by ps3 60gb premium on launch day. £550 - 1 extra controller. I had saved up for ages and I have not got much money. I tried to run it though a non hd tv and it looks the same as a ps2 on ALL GAMES. I was very dissapointed and went out to get an HDTV on credit from my local retailer. I got a 32" 1080p Sony HDTV and the graphics improved dramatically. But still the ps3 seemed cold and stardust hd and ratchet and clank exepted there was nothing to even want me to turn the console on to even play it! I have tried most ganes on ps3(motorstorm,gt5 prologue,lair,resistance fall of man, drakes fortune....) About 4 months ago I purchased an xbox 360(premium not elite from a friend.) Every time I go to play a game the 360 goes on not the ps3- EVERY TIME. On the 360 all games look the same(if not better.) And cost less than half than the ps3 versions. On the 360 xbox lives adds far better features to games such as playing online(ps3 does not.) And gaming points for unlocking and achiving things in games. ..... Dont get me wrong the ps3 is good- ITS JUST NOT GREAT...... Bluuray- great (hdtv) pads (no rumble and sixasis sucks very badly.) Console looks like a turbo George Forman grilling machine. Even the 60gb version cannot play the simplest of ps2 games. Games are £10 more in most shops but not any better(and you dont get gaming points like xbox live.) I LOVED THE PS1 AND PS2 AND TURNED MY BACK ON THE XBOX BUT THIS CONSOLE JUST DOES NOT CUT IT - BE AWARE. (I gave it from launchday till now - I am not xbox biased I own gamecube and wii/360/dreamcast/saturn. I like all game consoles all systems- the ps3 has no soul and its marketing machine that will not stop till it cons you into the same situation I have been in. - please listen, I have had my ps3 hooked up to playstation network from day 1 and have given it all the time to prove itself it just hasent.) I have talked to fellow gamers in shops and out on the street around the uk. The ps3 is second choice in most cases,and if you own a ps3 like me then please dont be be offended and please open your eyes and try the 360.....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2008 12:15 PM BST

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Quality Entertainment. *****, 25 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got my PS3 on launch day and Motorstorm aside this is: as said by another reviewer on amazon: The first must have title on the PS3. If you have played the PS2 ratchet and clank games then you would be forgiven for thinking that this is more of the same. Which it is and isent. This is ratchet and clank with bells, whistle's and all that! This game looks great on a standard tv and beautiful on an HD tv. I have both types of tv; but where this game comes into its own is gameplay. Smooth and fast gameplay with puzzles and combat. I downloaded the demo of this game on the ps3 network and after the endless stream of rubbish that the PS3 has delivered this game not only bucks the trend but puts the trend into hospital! This game is colourful, noisy and fun. The groovetron which makes all enemies stop attacking you and dance saturday night fever style is top draw. Worth the money unlike half of the PS3 rubbish. Dont get me wrong I like the ps3 but sony needs to deliver now and they havent. This game is a big step in readressing the balance. READ THIS SONY and note. Save your overpriced console with some good games and please drop the price....... I know the PS3 is better than the 360 (And I have that too) but the only way to proove this is with quality games like this. Try playing oblivion on a 360 (which I have) and on a ps3 (which my mate has) And the ps3 just delivers unlike the continuous loading/slowdown of the 360 version. Buy Ratchet and clank!

Greatest Hits: The Collectors Edition
Greatest Hits: The Collectors Edition
Offered by MERLINMOOSIKDE

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good compilation of Space's hits and mixes, 24 Jan 2007
If you like the band space then you will definately like this album; it has all the bands hits like female of the species,avenging angels and neighbourhood etc. But I would only buy this album if you dont have space's first album SPIDERS as most of their good songs come of the spiders album. I wanted to see if the other mixes and songs I hadent heard before were any good and they dont dissapoint. If you can get it for a fiver or less then do it you wont regret it!

Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal II: The Awakening
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Such An Underated Game. SO UNDERATED- TRY IT!, 3 Oct 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't quite know how to start this review but unreal 2 has a first class storyline. You play as Dalton a bored soldier like keeper of the peace in the outlying planets and systems in space, when suddenly you are thrown into a huge quest to recover magical artifacts to save the earth from evil alien races such as the skarr and izeriens races. The computer generated acting and charecters are superb and you will find yourself connecting with them and and getting sucked into this game very easily. The graphics are great and are on a par with RTCW and Unreal Tournament 2003. If your pc is around 1ghz or above with an alright graphics card (Geforce 5200 or ATI Radeon 5600) you will be able to enjoy this game to the full. Abandoned space stations, genetic experiments gone wrong, love, hate and putting it all right. Better on single player mode but with multipalyer it adds a new edge this game makes doom 3's and halflifes story lines look tame. Its not just the story though, the graphics and sound and gameplay are great and this game runs well under widows xp, 98 and 2000/millenium. A Classic- Where is Unreal 3??

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Nintendo Gameplay, Fun And Easy To Play!, 3 Oct 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ive got lots of games on my cube and toadstool tour is the one game that me and all my mates want to play again and again. This game is nothing like EA's tiger woods games; its more cartoon like graphics and arcade gameplay set this game in another league. The game has ALL the famous nintendo charecters: Mario, Boo, Bowser, Wario etc.. And is very easy to play, unlike ace golf and tiger woods and the stupid analogue flick backwards and forwards to take your shot control system- this game has the good old fashioned powerbar system which works well. The graphics are some of the best seen on the gamecube and when your opponent is taking his or her shot you can taunt them with insults or jokes by pressing your buttons- Great! The single player mode is fun and not rigged to play but multiplayer is where this game just sails ahead of the opposition. Plug a few pads in and play; because its golf you can have a few drinks with your mates and play this game without giving it your full undivided attention and still enjoy it! You can probably tell by now I like this game but I also own mario golf on the nintendo 64 and ace golf and tiger woods on the ps2 and toadstool tour just rules. It might not be cheap to buy but thats why... Buy it you wont regret it.

X-Men 1-3 Box Set (6 Disc) [DVD]
X-Men 1-3 Box Set (6 Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent ending to a great film trilogy, 27 Jun 2006
I have at the time of writing just been to see this film on the cinema; and think that its a worthy end to what has been a well acted and action packed trilogy with quality special effects. Xmen 3 doesent dissapoint as anyone whos seen the magneto moving the bridge scene will know - amazing! This film has a slightly slower build up than Xmen 1 and 2 but has a lot of story to cover before it can end with an explosive finish - which it does! Storm, magneto charles xavier and all the favourites return but the new film includes lots of new charecters such as the juganaut. If you like the first two you will love this, and even it you havent watch the trilogy you wont regret it!

Need For Speed II Special Edition
Need For Speed II Special Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars A Poor Alternative to the 3DO Version, 4 Dec 2005
I first played the need for speed on the 3do which at the time was stunning graphically and the gameplay was good, ok the ps1 version of the same game wasent as good but this is much much worse! A rushed and buggy game which was rectified in number 3 in the series. Miss this one and if you want old skool need for speed stick to numbers 1 and 3!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3