Profile for JoannaJ > Reviews

Content by JoannaJ

JoannaJ

Dawn Chorus: A Sound Portrait of a British Woodland at Sunrise (British Library - British Library Sound Archive)
by British Library
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely enchanting, 24 Feb 2013
I have owned this CD for many years now and absolutely adore it.

I was born and raised in the British countryside and have very fond memories of fresh Spring mornings and long summery evenings listening to the chorus of birdsong in my local woodlands.

I don't live in the UK anymore, and this CD induces such powerful feelings of nostalgia, that it transports me home instantly, back to my beloved British woodlands.

It's a totally enchanting compilation of the most beautiful birdsong you are likely to hear -- the quality of the recordings are clean and pure and do not contain any distracting man made background noise.

It's one of my all-time favourite compilations to listen to whether I am alone in the car, working away on my computer, or simply enjoying some peace and quiet at home.

If you love British birdsong as much as I do, then you can't be without this CD... It's quite literally, worth it's weight in gold.