Profile for R. Wilby > Reviews

Content by R. Wilby

R. Wilby "Ron Wilby" (Formby)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Edimax EW-7438RPN N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender
Edimax EW-7438RPN N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender
Offered by NowView

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 2 April 2013
Initially it took some setting up, but once I had worked out the not too clear instructions, I now have excellent WiFi coverage of my whole flat. Last year I was upgraded to Virgins super fast modem, which is certainly fast, but the WiFi is very poor indeed. My old modem was much better and gave me full coverage within my flat.

7dayshop Tripod Accessory - Monopod Walking Stick Knob - Turns most photo and video monopods into a walking stick. Ideal for brands including 7dayshop, Manfrotto, Slik, Gitzo, Hama, Velbon Cullman etc.
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Idea, 2 April 2013
This is such a simple idea. If you carry a monopod why not turn it into a walking aid. This is a solid, quite heavy, hard rubber knob, which is very effective.

TePe Interdental Brushes 0.7mm Yellow - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
TePe Interdental Brushes 0.7mm Yellow - 4 Packets of 8 (32 Brushes)
Offered by Pharmacy Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by my Dental Hygienist., 2 April 2013
If you don't like flossing try these, much easier to use. My dentist suggested I try them and can confirm the whole exercise of cleaning between the teeth is a lot easier.

Nikon Ir Panel For Built -In Flash Sg-31R
Nikon Ir Panel For Built -In Flash Sg-31R
Offered by CameraKing

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but expensive for a piece of plastic!, 2 April 2013
If you use the Nikon CLS flash system this panel works just great. However, it is very expensive for what is purely a piece of black plastic attached to a flash shoe connector.

Sanyo eneloop 8 Pcs. AA (HR-3UTGA) + 4 Pcs. eneloop AAA (HR-4UTGA) in 3 "Mertrado" Safe-Boxes

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best., 2 April 2013
Have used Eneloops for some time in my Nikon and Yongnuo flash units and they seem to last forever. I always charge them at the slowest setting on the assumption that they will last just that little bit longer. I cannot verify whether this works but it is often stated as being beneficial.

Kiora 23x23cm Universal Diffuser / Reflector for Shoe Mounted Flashguns
Kiora 23x23cm Universal Diffuser / Reflector for Shoe Mounted Flashguns
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars Not of Rogue quality but good value for money., 2 April 2013
Whilst the quality of finish is nowhere near that of the Rogue Flashbender, as a low cost alternative it does the job.

Maxsima - ENEL14, EN-EL14 fully Compatible Battery for NIKON
Maxsima - ENEL14, EN-EL14 fully Compatible Battery for NIKON
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Nikon P7100, 22 Nov 2012
Many reviews talk about it working in a battery grip with a Nikon branded battery.
I have just received the battery and tried it in my Nikon P7100 and can verify that it is fully compatible. No error messages, it just works.
I cannot comment on its life as yet but at this price why buy an expensive Nikon branded battery. I purchased from Cameramarkets and would like to put on record their excellent service. The first package arrived empty, but as this order was fulfilled by Amazon, they are not to blame. Despite this not being their problem they offered to assist in dealing with the issue. Customer service at its best. Thank you Cameramarkets, I will be back in the future. Also, I would like to add that Amazon were very efficient in dealing with the problem and a refund was arranged within 24 hours, hence I re-ordered immediately.
So, if you are concerned as to whether this battery will work on its own, don't worry..it works fine.

Belkin Pro Series Mini Stereo Extension Cord 3.5mm M/F 3.6m
Belkin Pro Series Mini Stereo Extension Cord 3.5mm M/F 3.6m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value microphone extension cable., 9 July 2012
Bought this cable as an extension cable for an SG-108 DSLR Microphone to enable the microphone to be remote from the camera and avoid lens focus noise etc. The connection with the 3.5mm microphone jack 'clicks' securely into place, so no chance of them coming apart. Even with movement I found that there was no interference created by the cable or it's connections. All in all this has proved to be a 'sound' buy and would recommend without hesitation.

Sanyo MQN04 eneloop Overnight Charger  with 4 pcs eneloop AA (HR-3UTGA-4BP)
Sanyo MQN04 eneloop Overnight Charger with 4 pcs eneloop AA (HR-3UTGA-4BP)
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars I love eneloops!, 26 Oct 2011
Have a number of Sanyo Eneloop batteries and decided to complete the kit with this Overnight Charger. Can't say it's any better or worse than other chargers but as it is designed for Eneloops I feel happier using the matching charging unit over thirt party units.

Sanyo Eneloop AAA 4 Pack Batteries (HR-4UTGA) - delivered in "Mertrado" Safe-Box
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rechargeable on the market, 26 Oct 2011
Have used Sanyo Eneloop AA's for some time in my flashguns and decided that I would try these AAA batteries in my flash triggers. The instructions for the triggers suggest that they will not work with rechargeables, but to date they have worked without any problems. Now I never need to use alkaline batteries with any of my camera gear.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 3:27 PM GMT