Profile for Mr. A. Mcgregor > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Mcgregor

Mr. A. Mcgregor "Alex" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
The Knights Templar
The Knights Templar
by Stephen Howarth
Price: 18.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written overview of Templar history, 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Knights Templar (Paperback)
This book is simply described as a history of the Templers, from its very conception, until the disastrous end. Given that the book spans over several hundred years, the scope is huge and as such, doesn't delve into massive detail about any particular events. It is perhaps not suitable for someone studying any of the periods that are covered- it just isn't detailed enough for that. But as an overview of the Templers, it is not only a good source of information but also a very good read.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Deadly Intent (PC DVD)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Deadly Intent (PC DVD)
Offered by 4GamersUK
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 10 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After the absolutly shocking CSI: New York (PC DVD), I was a little usure wether to get this. I'm glad I did. CSI Deadly Intent is the best of the CSI games yet. The cases are interesting and take several twists, though as another reviewer mentioned, the game as a whole is a bit short. There have also been other improvements; its now not enough to simply compare DNA or fingerprints- you have to go through sort of a little mini game to get a match. The one thing that really hasn't moved though are the graphics, which compared to the standards of other games are pretty bad. All in all though, like I said, this is the best CSI game yet. If you enjoyed those you'll enjoy this.

Braun Oral-B EB18-2 ProBright Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 2 Pack
Braun Oral-B EB18-2 ProBright Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 2 Pack
Offered by Mistrys Pharmacy - UK's Friendly Pharmacy
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The best ones I've tried, 24 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried most of the different available heads for Oral-B toothbrushes, and I have to say, for me this one seems to be the best one. If I'm honest, I can't really tell if they make my teeth any whiter. But what I do know is that my teeth feel cleaner, and at the same time the brushes aren't too stiff to make brushing awkard or painful.

IZIBOR, LAURA-LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD
IZIBOR, LAURA-LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD
Offered by Books2anywhereUS
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening at it very best., 19 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Laura Izibor has made a fantastic first album. The music feels 'fresh' and has that feel-good factor. I have thoughroly enjoyed listening to this album, and will be looking out for her next.

Verbatim  49050 Rapier V2 Laser Gaming Mouse
Verbatim 49050 Rapier V2 Laser Gaming Mouse
Offered by PC SUPPLIES
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Pimp my Mouse, 19 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Where to start here?... This is basically a gaming mouse with all the feature you could possibly imagine, and a few you might not. There are so many customsible features; sensitivity, weight, 7 programable buttons. It really has everything you could possibly need and more. It also works a treat, and I've found it works great on both first-person-shooters like Half Life and strategy games like Total War.

While this is all great, I am not 100% satisfied. The mouse feels kind of cheap, and almost a little tacky. It is also too chuncky and big for my liking- I would have liked for it to be wireless too, but no doubt that would have made it bigger still.

If you are a hardcore gamer this might very well be worth a purchase, it is a great bit of kit- just don't expect it to blow your mind.

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (Xbox 360)
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (Xbox 360)
Offered by Tracymuk
Price: 16.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by nostalgia, 19 April 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite looking forward to seeing the wrestlers I used to watch as a kid in a game. Unfortunatley I was very quickly put off by the controls, which took me a while to get used to, and even then it just isn't fun. Beyond that, I didn't think there was enough to do; reliving old matches time after time just gets boring, and I found the game quickly got dull.

Move It (PC CD)
Move It (PC CD)
Offered by DiscountSpares
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but painfully slow, 19 April 2009
This review is from: Move It (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got Move It to help me organise my music and move it between different PCs. I didn't have to many problems doing this; the interface is very user friendly and easy to use. It is however very slow, painfully slow infact. This is about the best product of its kind, and beacause there isn't any real competition, if its moving or converting files you want to do, this is probably your best option.

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis (PC)
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 18 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Secret Files 2 is an old style point-and-click adventure game, and had a lot to live up to if it was going to be better than the first installment Secret Files Tunguska (PC DVD). I was lucky enough to get a copy when it was released in Germany in 2008 and must say, had a lot of fun playing it.

When starting the game you will instantly see that it is a lot more polished than the previous game (infact, more so than than any other adventure game I have played full stop). The game looks absolutly fantstic, and the cutscenes are on another level altogether.

The game centres around a conspiracy plot by a sect (I won't give away anymore), and while it does seem vaguely similar to stories such as the da vinci code, it is certainly original enough to keep you guessing. The one slight gripe I have with this game is that while both the graphics and the plot have moved on huge ammounts since the original, the puzzles haven't. Much like in the first game, it's matter of combining items together to make (sometimes improbable) tools to get you further.

I have enjoyed this game a lot. It is not my favourite adventure game (it's still Dreamfall for me), but it isn't that far off either. Having played only the German version of this game I can't really comment on some things (the voice acting in particular), but unless they completely mess the English version up, I can't recomend this game enough.

"John Adams"
"John Adams"
by David G. McCullough
Price: 10.73

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Story, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: "John Adams" (Paperback)
John Adams is a series about one of the lesser known characters of the American revolution. It is in every way absolutly fantastic; the cast are without exception brilliant, and the program as well as the DVD is made with very high production values; indeed, this is probably one of the few programs that are both very entertaining to watch AND historically accurate (correct me if I'm wrong here). The only thing I would say is that as a political drama, this may not appeal to people that aren't either a fan of the genre or interested in American history.

CSI: New York (PC DVD)
CSI: New York (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disapointing, 30 Jan 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have to say I wasn't sure what to expect from this, I have long been a fan of the CSI games but wasn't that impressed with the last one. CSY:NY has some very big differences to the previous games; The first you notice is the graphics, which have gone from impressive 3D graphics to poor cartoonish graphics, so much so that if it wasn't for the subject matter you'd think you were playing a kids game. Ther next change I noticed was the evidence collection, which will have you taking stickers off things, collecting a PC cable to get another PC to work (and that's just in the first two scenes). Finally there are mini-game style puzzles which are uninspiring and frankly boring.

One or two of the puzzles were okay, and sometimes the game wasn't a complete drag to play. But for the most part I found this very a poor game that happens to have a big name behind it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16