Profile for Mr. A. Mcgregor > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Mcgregor

Mr. A. Mcgregor "Alex" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Cop Out [DVD] [2010]
Cop Out [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Been done too many times, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: Cop Out [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
On its own merits Cop Out is actually quite good. There are moments where I laughed and the action bits were decent too. The trouble is that this just seem to be another knockoff of Bad Boys and many other similar movies... only not as good! If you can accept that you may enjoy Cop Out, but if you're looking for something new you should probably look elsewhere.

Nokia BH-905i Stereo Headset Fits Nokia N8 - Black
Nokia BH-905i Stereo Headset Fits Nokia N8 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Feb 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had these headphones for several weeks now and have used them for Music at home and about, as well as gaming and watching movies on my laptop. They do a great job at blocking out other sounds when you're out and about such as traffic (not sure if this is always good!) and other passengers on trains and busses. The design is comfortable and looks great, though I do still prefer inner-earphones when walking anywhere. What's best about them though is simply the quality of the sound, which is always crystal clear. I am absolutley chuffed with these and would recomend them to anyone- for anything!

The Templar Salvation
The Templar Salvation
by Raymond Khoury

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost me pretty early, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Templar Salvation (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read a lot about the Templers, both fiction and history books. I was looking forward to this book and hoping for a tense thriller with lots of twists and action. In many ways it did deliver. There certainly was lots of action, and at times the writing was griping. The trouble is that the good bits just weren't there enough, and the characters simply were simply to boring for me to keep coming back to this book; it took me a long time to finish. It is by no means a dreadful book, but I can't honestly recomend it.

PC Tools Internet Security 2010, 3 PC Licence (PC CD)
PC Tools Internet Security 2010, 3 PC Licence (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit as good as the rest, but cheaper, 24 Jan 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as an alternative to McAfee which I've been using for years but which is starting to get a bit intrusive. I have used this package for a few months now and I must say it has hugely surprised me. At a fraction of the price of similar products I wasn't expecting miracles, but it not only delivers user friendliness that is better than anything else I have tried, and all the functionality you could need for a home PC. Absolutly outstanding!

Acer Aspire One A150-Bb Netbook, Windows XP Home, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HD (Sapphire Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars A backpackers best friend, 4 Dec 2010
I took this laptop with me when I went backpacking in Australia for 8 months, and it was certainly put through its paces. As well as moving between backpacker hostels, it also got used heavily during my stay in a (at times very dirty) working hostel. It also went camping with me, survived dozens of long coach and plane journeys... I could go on. Bottom line is I'm home, and it works practically as new.

300 Unmissable Events and Festivals Around the World
300 Unmissable Events and Festivals Around the World
by Whatsonwhen.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps a little too ambitious, 4 Dec 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
300 Festivals. It's enough to keep you busy for a lifetime. The book covers each festival with perhaps a page of reasonably interesting information, and it covers events from days out where you can take your kids, to full on music festivals. While it isn't bad for reading about festivals you may not have heard of, it does not go into much detail, so if you wanted to actually go to one, you would still need to research as you would without the book. So the verdict: as a light read it's not bad. As a reference book, not so good.

The Secret Cardinal
The Secret Cardinal
by Tom Grace

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but predictable, 28 May 2010
This review is from: The Secret Cardinal (Paperback)
This is a well written book, which is exciting almost all the way through. What it lacks are any real twists, and most people should be able to guess the ending (or a big part of it) quite early on. Like I said, still a good read, but there are better thrillers out there.

11, 002 Things to be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-so-happy Book
11, 002 Things to be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-so-happy Book
by Lia Romeo

1.0 out of 5 stars Make it 11,003, 27 Nov 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I got this book I really wasn't sure what to make of it. The book is literally a list of 11,002 things that the authors thought we could be miserable about. I thought that maybe I would enjoy as the gimmick it obviously was, and sure enough one or two of entries in the list did make smirk a tiny little bit. So maybe I just don't get the book? Since other people have enjoyed it perhaps so; after all it is no secret what the book is about. What clinched it for me (and I'm not sure that authors were at fault here) is the 'review' at the back of the book;
"I'd been thinking about killing myself for a long time and reading this book gave me the courage to finally go through with it" -Roger Smith (deceased)
It was obviously meant as a joke, persoanlly I found it quite tasteless. The real point I'm trying to make here is that after going through pages and pages of this book, that was the only writing that actually caused a reaction in me and it certainly wasn't laughter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2009 9:35 PM GMT

Personal Accounts Home Edition (2005) (PC)
Personal Accounts Home Edition (2005) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 Nov 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have for several years been using a spreadsheet I made on excel to track my finances. I am no expert in excel, and I thought that this program would give me a better and more comprehensive way to keeps tabs on things. I cannot argue with the functionality; it does exactly as advertised, its relativly easy to learn and its quite clear. For me personally though, after two months of using this, I have just gone back to my old spreadsheets. Why? While Personal Accounts does lots things, I just found it a little of the top, and prefer the simplicity of a spreadsheet.

The Outlander
The Outlander
by Gil Adamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 27 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Outlander (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First let me start off by saying that this book will NOT have you by 'the edge of your seat' for any ammount of time. It is difficult to put my finger on exactly what this book is; it's certainly not a thriller, not is it a mystery or crime story. It is full of interesting characters and places, and despite the relativly tame pace of the book, I found it very difficult to put down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16