Profile for Geordie K > Reviews

Content by Geordie K

Geordie K "Kt" (Newcastle, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Vax Commercial VCU-02 Lightweight Upright Vacuum - Black
Vax Commercial VCU-02 Lightweight Upright Vacuum - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my Dyson animal for removing pet hair from carpets!, 29 Oct 2010
After owning 3 Dyson Vacuum cleaners over the last decade or more, I had to face facts that they are now too heavy for me to use. So I started researching lightweight vacuum cleaners. I purchased the vax yesterday and it arrived today. Due to being on crutches vacuuming is a job I hate, until now. I have to vacuum daily due to us owning 2 dogs and a cat. This vacuum was to be the spare upstairs vacuum but it is so good on pet hair removal it will be the main vacuum and the dyson will be relegated to the garage for the car! It is easy to manover because it is so light. My carpets look fantastic with just one use. It even works on the laminate hallway and the magic carpet door mat! My other half is on a muddy site at the moment and even though he takes his boots off outside his clothes drop clumps of mud as he comes through the door, it picked it all up from gritty lumps to the fine dust! It is fantastic on pet hair, kitty litter, mud, dust and it does get really close to the skirting boards. Its not as good as a damp cloth at the edges but it is close which means I wont have to do the damp cloth as often now. I found it works well on the kitchen floor (porceline tiles) and conservatory floor (laminate tiles). The best thing about it is the way it lifts the pile as well as getting all the fine pet hair off the carpet which the Dyson animal couldn't do without the help of a damp cloth!
I couldnt get the dyson upstairs due to it being too heavy and bulky. This is so light I was able to sit on the stair lift and just rest it on my feet and hold it to take it upstairs! I am overjoyed. I wish I had brought it years ago. It is not bagless but the bag comes out easily and i just empty it after every use the same as the Dyson so it doesnt really matter that its a bag. Our carpets are four years old and they still look like new thanks to the vax.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2012 11:06 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and value for money, 29 Oct 2010
The hammock cover is fantastic. We live by the beach and have two sand and water loving dogs! The dogs dont seem to mind it and it even keeps our boxercross from jumping through to the front of the car too. We think it must be the height of it puts her off pushing through as its just fabric. It has made a huge difference to keeping the back of the car clean from wet dogs and sand! Its hard wearing and easy to clean. It covers the whole of the back seat (yaris 06)and protects the back of the front seats too.

Dental First Aid Kit
Dental First Aid Kit
Price: 5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tooth emergency kit!, 11 July 2010
I followed the instructions and found this an excellent fix. It was Bank Holiday weekend and I broke my tooth at breakfast(filling fell out and tooth broke). I found it numbed the pain and it filled and bonded to the tooth so well the dentist left it in as my temporary filling until I was able to be fitted in for a crown making appointment! You do have to wait 2 to 3 hours for it to set fully in your mouth before eating or drinking but then it was set so well I forgot about it and was able to chomp away on bbq food that very evening.
Once set it is as good as any temp filling the dentist does! It lasts several weeks so long as you stay away from filling pullers! ie. no sticky toffee.
I am ordering more to keep in the family first aid kit!

Nothing beats the actual dentist but for emergency fixes until the dentist is free.. I found this is the best for pain relief and protecting the remaining tooth!

Paladone Arse/Face Novelty Bath Soap
Paladone Arse/Face Novelty Bath Soap
Offered by Findmeagift
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars great xmas fun stocking filler gift.., 13 Nov 2009
quick delivery and great gift to give to the blokes in family that have everything!

KG by Kurt Geiger Women's Darcy Ballet Flat
KG by Kurt Geiger Women's Darcy Ballet Flat

1.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous shoe but the sizes are WRONG!, 13 Nov 2009
I ordered these gorgeous shoes and with heaps of joy opened them an hour ago and now i am devasted. These are the first pair of flat dressy shoes, that looked suitable for me as I have to use crutches and can not wear heels and really wanted pretty shoes to wear to my cousins wedding..

Not to be.. I am a standard uk size 8 these would not fit a size 7 never mind an 8!

They are over an inch too short in length!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4