Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Avid Reader" (Cheltenham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Frame Company Eldridge Range 1-Piece 14 x 11 -inch Picture Photo Frames, Mahogany

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., 19 Jun. 2016
Ordered two of these frames for photo enlargements. Although not the strongest backing, the frame moulding blends perfectly and looks great - although made from some 'composite' material it does have the appearance of real mahogany. I have sealed the back with tape to keep the photos in good condition. Very pleased.

The Toaster Oven Mocks Me
The Toaster Oven Mocks Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read., 1 April 2016
I'd read about synaesthesia previously and tried to imagine what life would be like when your senses are jumbled and you see sounds or smell colours and so on. Steve manages not only to describe his particular way of seeing words and numbers but also the problems that being "different" can create. And it's all told with humour and humility. I don't know about the toaster of the title but elevator number two at UCSD certainly hates Steve.

Liberon ASC1L Anti-Slip Coating 1 Litre
Liberon ASC1L Anti-Slip Coating 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs are really happy, so I am too!, 23 Mar. 2016
We have an oak hardwood floor in our kitchen, which used to be quite hazardous, especially after even the smallest spills. So-called non-slip rugs still moved around the floor. Our dogs often skidded around in their excitement, in particular our elderly Weimeraner who is rather clumsy at times was never able to stop himself falling over once he skidded. No longer! I applied two coats of this anti-slip, making sure I had a whole day with the dogs away - it takes 12 hours after the second coat before the floor can be used for more than tiptoeing across in slippers. But afterwards our mats don't slide, dogs don't slip, and the look of the floor is improved - I previously avoided any kind of polish. The way this coating appears to work is that it's like a satin finish varnish, but it contains small particles which give a texture to the surface providing the necessary friction. Very pleased.

REALMAX® Toslink Cable 1m 2m 3m 4m 5m 10m Digital Optical audio Gold Premium Quality supports all Toslink enabled devices and gadgets (1m Toslink Cable)
Offered by REALMAX®-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value., 11 Jan. 2016
What can you say about what's basically a piece of wire? Quality looks good and robust. It fits my stereo neatly. Ends are gold-plated and protected in transit with a plastic shield. Works perfectly as intended.

Denon DM39 DAB (Black) Compact Micro HiFi System with BlueTooth Upgrade and 4 metres of High Peformance Chord Leyline Speaker Cable
Offered by home AV direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality radio/amplifier with excellent DAB reception, 27 Dec. 2015
I already had a Denon hi-fi system in my lounge, and used a micro system in the dining room. The micro system although only a few years old was outdated, had a noisy cooling fan and the CD tray failed to operate not long after the guarantee expired. Time for a re-think! Over the past year or so I've ripped my CD collection to mp3s, also a few favourite vinyls and the odd cassette tape. These files are now uploaded to Google Play Music,and I've invested in two Chromecast Audio units to connect to both this new unit and the living room system. Now I can stream all my own music and anything else from the streaming services to the living room or the DENON DM39 or both simultaneously. Which brings me to the real review! The sound quality is much better than before - from the DAB radio, or via the streaming services. The remote is simple to use. You can adjust treble and bass via the tone controls to your liking, or bypass them and enjoy the clean sound played back as the studio intended. Up to 30 preset DAB or FM stations are available. The unit looks good, and power consumption is lower than my old micro system, whether in use or on standby. This is a quality item, as I would expect from Denon, and should not become outdated as there are optical and analog inputs to attach any future audio sources. The bluetooth unit included in this bundle works fine, and will enable guests to play their own music from phones or tablets, without resetting my system. All in all very pleased with the package.

Bolse® 12W Portable Smart NFC Bluetooth v4.0 Speaker (Two Large 40MM 6W Drivers) with Touch Control Function and up to 15 Hour Playtime
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, Good looking, Good sound quality., 14 Dec. 2015
I bought this for my 12 year old grandson. Initial impression Is that this is a well made and a very neat product. Paired with my LG phone within seconds and was streaming music straight away, with no detectable lag or drop-out to to the Bluetooth connection. All the buttons worked as expected. The sound quality is very good - not quite up to the slightly larger Cambridge Audio Bluetooth speaker I use at home (which costs about 3 times the price), but better than my Anker portable Bluetooth which I use while travelling. But my grandson's taste in 'music' is quite different from mine and I'm certain he'll be absolutely delighted with the clarity and volume which this unit provides when he's playing mp3's or youtube music videos.

The Hidden Man (Cragg & Fidelis Mysteries)
The Hidden Man (Cragg & Fidelis Mysteries)
by Robin Blake

4.0 out of 5 stars in saying this I have to give 4* same as I did for the Kindle edition as the story was very good. PLEASE STOP doubling up identi, 30 Nov. 2015
BEWARE, this book is also "The Scrivener" I have made this mistake costing me an extra £10 +, Different name and cover, do not be fooled. Bit, in saying this I have to give 4* same as I did for the Kindle edition as the story was very good.PLEASE STOP doubling up identical books it isn't right.

The Scrivener (Cragg & Fidelis)
The Scrivener (Cragg & Fidelis)
by Robin Blake

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 30 Nov. 2015
Loved this book. But readers PLEASE beware, "The Hidden Man" is also the same book. Not available on Kindle only in hardback, which I bought, not cheap either, to find although different name and cover was in fact "The Scrivener". In saying that (as a warning) the book which ever you read is extremely enjoyable. I have read all three so far and look forward to the next and HOPE it is not duplicated

God of Light HD
God of Light HD

1.0 out of 5 stars No way out., 9 Aug. 2015
This review is from: God of Light HD (App)
Graphics: pretty. Game: interesting for a few minutes. Storage used: huge - over 100 MB. I got bored by level ten and looked for the exit game menu item. There doesn't appear to be one. I used the link to twitter in order to kill the app. Final verdict: uninstalled :(

factory balls
factory balls

3.0 out of 5 stars Better on a tablet?, 11 July 2015
This review is from: factory balls (App)
Game works fine but too much eye strain for anyone without 20/20 vision using a phone screen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3