Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Making Jewellery
Making Jewellery

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Making Jewellery (App)
It does not open a single page of the magazine, it is only a way to pay a subscription. Not what I expected at all

Traditional British Scone Recipes (Traditional British Recipes Book 3)
Traditional British Scone Recipes (Traditional British Recipes Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not been through them all yet., 8 Feb. 2013
Really nice book, a good selection, and clear instructions. I get the feeling it is not that modern a book though, as the ingredients are listed in Imperial. However, if you have a conversion chart, or your scales do it for you that is no problem. My lastest attempt was "Buttermilk Scones". Odd result, as there is no sugar in them so they are neither sweet or savoury, but they are being consumed in spite of it.

All in all, a good basic scone recipe book, plenty of choice, and well explained throughout.

The Telegraph: All New Cryptic Crosswords 1 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
The Telegraph: All New Cryptic Crosswords 1 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
by THE TELEGRAPH

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptics, 24 Jan. 2013
They never fail, do they? They drive you mad, but you must keep at it until you can guess no more. Then, and only then, you look at the answers, and wonder how on earth you
1. missed that one, it was so easy when you thought about it,
2. would never have got it in a million years.

20 Golden Greats
20 Golden Greats

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the 60's, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (MP3 Download)
I'm lost in this album as I type this. I saw them live in Manchester at the Plaza on Easter Sunday in 1964 (I think), and they sounded brilliant then, and they sound brilliant now. They had just started as a group, and were truly fabulous live. I'm now sat at my PC, yet I'm back in the day, dancing to them and enjoying every moment. They were so versatile, fast ones, slow sad ones, they could carry them all. The harmonies, oh, the harmonies! Nobody could sing like "THE HOLLIES", and I believe that is true to this day.

Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book 54: No. 54
Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book 54: No. 54
by Telegraph Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptic pleasure, 9 Jan. 2013
They never fail to please. Some are diabolical, some fairly easy, you never know what to expect! Great to have such variety in one book.

The Very Best Of Roberta Flack
The Very Best Of Roberta Flack

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful voice, 9 Jan. 2013
Nobody can do the songs as Roberta can. She has such an expressive delivery and a smooth clear voice. There is nobody who can sing her songs like she can. Wonderful!

The Very Best of Relaxing Classics
The Very Best of Relaxing Classics
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track is a delight, 9 Jan. 2013
Can't fault it, every track is wonderful. The title says it all. I bought this as a gift for my husband, so it's not so much given as shared (lovely Hubby!)

The Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords: No. 51
The Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords: No. 51
by Telegraph Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptics!, 9 Jan. 2013
Yet again, an assortment of challenges. What minds the compilers must have! You just get used to one compiler, then they switch to another, and you are quite lost again.

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret Garden, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
This is quite a simple tale, yet it holds my interest. I'm only 30% through it, I don't read as fast as Amazon expect, but I do like the characters. The Yorkshire dialect is a delight to read, especially as my Mothers family came from Yorkshire, so perhaps I am biased.

Where is the story going? I don't know for sure, and I am enjoying following the characters. Maybe I am scoring it a little low, it's not a blockbuster, nor a bodice-ripper, but a charming story to follow, beautifully written.

Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords 67 (Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book)
Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords 67 (Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book)
by Telegraph Group Limited Telegraph Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptic Crossies, 11 Dec. 2012
My husband loves these Telegraph Crossword books, and they keep him involved for hours. I only wish they were published more often.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6