Profile for KM > Reviews

Content by KM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 2

KM (Liverpool)
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle, Fluffy Towel
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle, Fluffy Towel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh understated fragrance, 31 Mar. 2015
I've bought this for our living room as we're all Yankee candle fans and they're all over the house.

This is the large Fluffy Towels jar which is a combination of lemon - apple - lavender and lily.Sounds lovely and the fragrance is really nice and refreshing, not overpowering at all.

The burn time on these large jars is 110-150 hours. The upper limit is doable but the main thing you can do to help it achieve 150 hours is keep the wick trimmed down to 3mm! The longer the wick, the bigger the flame and it will burn the wax off quicker.

Keep the wick short and it will last longer!

Lovely fragrance
Comment Comment | Permalink

Classic Stainless Steel Colander - Deep, Strong & Sturdy - Perfect to Use As a Strainer for Spaghetti, Pasta or Vegetables - This Colander Is an Essential Accessory for Your Kitchen - 1 Year Guarantee
Offered by Tatstar UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant kitchen item that will last a lifetime I'm sure., 30 Mar. 2015
This is a cracking solid stainless steel colander that was very kindly sent to me for review from he distributor. I have been using it for over two weeks now.

As a keen home cook I already have a few colanders and one stainless steel one that is my go to colander of use. I have had my own well used colanders for around 15 years now.

Measurements - 9 inches across at it's widest point (12 including handles) - 5 inches deep. This is a generously sized colander.

This one is substantially thicker and much more robust than my own one. The construction quality is outstanding in all areas. The handles are solid and extremely well riveted onto the body. The drainage holes are spot on and you don't get any pooling inside at the bottom - it drains off well just standing.

Being made from stainless steel it is super hygienic, will never rust and easily cleaned.

After using it and getting a feel for it - if you are into your kitchenware and have your favourite items that have provided a lifetime of service - this is one of those items. Due to it's build quality I can definitely see myself using this 30 years down the line.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Yankee Candles Jar Candle (Large) (Midnight Jasmine)
Yankee Candles Jar Candle (Large) (Midnight Jasmine)
Offered by Casa Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Yankee fragrance, 30 Mar. 2015
I've bought this for our living room as were all Yankee candle fans and they're all over the house plus I grow night scented Jasmine every year in the garden and it does smell very similar to that.

This is the large Midnight Jasmine jar which is a combination of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom.Sounds lovely and the fragrance is really nice and refreshing, not overpowering at all.

Keep the wick short and it will last longer!

Lovely fragrance
Comment Comment | Permalink

Oversize Leaf Scoops *Lifetime Guarantee* Superior Quality Multipurpose Hand Held Rakes, Ideal for Fast Leaf and Lawn Grass Removal - An Excellent Hand Held Helper, Perfect Rubbish Loaders and Collectors of Sharp Items. Get the Best Grabber Tools on Amazon Today!
Offered by Releaf™

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping hands, 28 Mar. 2015
I have looked at these kind of leaf scoops a few times over the years but never took the plunge to get a pair as I do like to get me hands dirty and over the years have become impervious to nettle stings and thorny stuff! So when I was very kindly sent these oversize garden scoops by the manufacturer for review I was more than happy to give them a go.

I have a big-ish garden with a long lawn, a few big trees and loads of plants/flowers and I'm a keen rose grower, which between them all produce tons of gardening debris over a 12 month period, so these scoops should come in handy.

They are made from a tough/robust plastic that feels like it won't dry out or turn brittle and snap over the years. The build quality is spot on with these scoops as there's no rough edges and a nice finish to them. This is backed up by the manufacturers lifetime guarantee - you can't get better than a manufacturer who is confident enough to offer that.

The scoops are certainly big at 15 x 15 inches and 3,5 inches deep yet light in weight. The section where you put your hand through to hold them is generous enough to allow my wide gloved hand in with room to manoeuvre. There is a keyhole cutout section to enable you to hang them up in the shed too.

In use these were better than I thought they'd be to be honest. Very handy indeed. I used them quite a bit yesterday - a lovely warm sunny day in Liverpool - to pick up around a huge heap at a time of my raked up damp grass cuttings, fallen leaves and conifer debris - I filled my garden waste bins in no time at all where as it would have taken more than double the time by hand. Then i used one for putting my rose bush cuttings in as I went around the garden pruning around 30 odd bushes which is a lot of thorny stuff! Some of these are decades old and have spear-like thorns - no problem in the scoop!

I even used one to redistribute some soil around a vegetable plot I dug over, just using it as a spreader to even it all out.

I like these scoops and will definitely be using them over the summer months much more than I ever thought I would!

Recommended

Silat Energy Coffee, Roasted In Italy, Super Caffeinated, 1lbs ground
Silat Energy Coffee, Roasted In Italy, Super Caffeinated, 1lbs ground
Offered by The Silat Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting coffee, 27 Mar. 2015
I was very kindly sent this bag of Silat coffee by the Italian company that source, roast and grind the beans. I have uploaded a few photographs to accompany this review. One is of the Silat compared to an instant brand.

I have been drinking Silat for one week now replacing my usual morning french press or cafetiere produced coffee. I've been grinding coffee beans and using a cafetiere for decades now as I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do appreciate a good cup of coffee only once, sometimes twice a day and cannot be bothered messing about with coffee machines of any kind although my kids love coffee capsules!

I'm not sure about the time between roasting/grinding and getting it to me but it's very fresh and smells fantastic upon opening the bag. The coffee came in a nice thick foil lined resealable bag to prolong freshness. It hasn't lost any of it's flavour in the week I and others have been using it. You get 1lb or 454g of ground coffee here.

I've tried loads of different kinds of coffee grinds over the years and do like a stronger but not overly bitter coffee. Non of this caffeine free rubbish for me thanks! As I don't drink much - I do feel the 'kick' when I have a strong cup.

Silat (Indonesian for lightening) is a Java grown Robusta coffee bean that has been medium roasted to keep as much of the caffeine as possible therefore giving the drinker a caffeine hit to kickstart the day or keep you going. Everybody has different tastes of course so this is my take on Silat.

Personally, this is how I make a cup of coffee using Silat . . .

I use the rule of around 20g (a big heaped dessert spoonful) of coffee grind per cup.

- Fill the cafetiere and cup/s one third with boiling hot water to warm everything up, swill and dump
- Add desired amount of grind to cafetiere and pour in fresh boiled water which has stood for 30 seconds and stir slowly to fully wet the grounds
- Wait a few seconds then stir again
- Allow the coffee to 'brew' for 3 - 4 minutes
- Plunge the press slowly to stop any grinds from escaping into the liquor

Pour and serve immediately with milk/sugar if desired to enjoy your freshly brewed coffee at it's best!

Using the above press method - the coffee aroma wafted throughout the house whilst brewing for the 4 minutes. It smelled lovely and got my taste buds going. I have a dash of milk and a level teaspoon of brown sugar.

How does it taste?

For me personally, Silat is a great tasting coffee in my opinion. It has a beautifully rich taste with a understated smoothness that hides that caffeine kick it gives you. There is a very slight bitter aftertaste in the mouth but it is miniscule and desired by some. Definitely a morning coffee that will wake you up and a midday coffee to keep you going. The bag I was sent is being used up by the household at an alarming rate and I think I will be buying another some time soon.

I will put my money where my mouth is on this one!

Recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Meat Claws- Pulled Pork Claws- Shredder Bear Claws - Meat Handler- Carving Forks- BBQ Shredding Forks - Best BBQ Meat Claw- Barbecue - Barbecue Gifts - Barbecue Accessories - BBQ Tools - BBQ Supplies - Pork Shredder - Bear Claws for Pulling Pork - Bear Claw Meat Shredder BBQ - BBQ Smoker Accessories - BBQ Pork - Best BBQ Tools - BBQ Smoking Accessories - Barbecue Tools Grill Accessories - Shred Meat Like A Bear - Best Selling- The Perfect Barbecue & Grill Tool - Kodiak Klaws
Offered by Walsh Fellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent BBQ and meat handling/shredding tool, 25 Mar. 2015
As somebody who lives in the kitchen and barbeques all year round, not just in summer - I was more than happy to be kindly sent these Kodiak meat claws for review by the distributor.

I have always used a pair of large serving forks to shred meat and had considered buying a set of these in the past - but never did. . . .Doh!

If you like to marinade and cook ribs, lamb, chicken, beef, pork or turkey then these meat claws are going to make the job of handling your meat much easier and serving hotter food quicker.

They're made from food grade ABS plastic (BPA free) and are temperature resistant upto 450 deg F which is 230 deg C or gas mark 8! That doesn't mean they can go into an oven - just heat 'resistant'. They're not microwaveable but are dishwasher safe. Size wise these claws are 4.5 inches across at their widest point and the hand space is 3.7 inches across. I have pretty wide hands and can use these no problem.

They are solid yet light to hold. The claws are very sharp as in pointy sharp, They are not sharp like a blade (you won't cut your finger on them) but they impressively shred and pull apart meat easily, they're good at getting it off down to the bone too!

How do they perform?

I've been using them for around a week now. I make a lot of different soups and your bog standard home made chicken soup is one of the family favourites here. In the process I par boil a whole large chicken - take it out of the water and start shredding it to go back in with the other ingredients, bones and all! This is a finger burning job which takes me around 20 mins to do properly and cleanly. With these meat claws I have got to say that it is so easy and quick now! Using these to move the carcass around the board and strip it right down to the bone is a breeze. Depending how long you spend you can shred the meat down very fine if need be.

Perfect for beef and of course pork too.

In regards to using them for salad - no for me - I'd rather use my hands but for moving, handling and shredding meat these are first class in build quality and use. Highly recommended as one of the best low cost kitchen/cooking utensils I've seen for a long time.

If you're 'really' into BBQ here's a dead easy rub I use for pork shoulder or pork butt as it's known in the US but it can be used for any meat to be honest -

This is a tasty rub that will make around 225g. Just combine the ingredients in a bowl and it's good to go.

Paprika - 60g
Salt 30g
Brown sugar 30g
Ground cumin 30g
Chilli powder 30g
Freshly ground black pepper 30g
Cayenne pepper 15g

Using a 2 - 3kg joint of meat - really work and massage this dry rub deep into the meat, make sure it sticks and covers it well and leave covered with clingfilm in the fridge overnight - take out - leave to rest for 30 mins - then BBQ! If you aren't going to BBQ and just oven cook it, you can add a dash of Liquid Smoke which is a BBQ cheats dream! Amazon do sell it too.

One done - use these meat claws to pull it all apart and add a touch of bbq/chilli/mustard/mayo whatever you fancy and tuck in!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kukubird Classic Owl print long shawls / scarves / wraps / head scarf / pashmina - NAVY
Offered by KukuBird

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely owl scarf, 24 Mar. 2015
I was very kindly sent this scarf for review purposes by the distributor. I was sent a navy blue owl print scarf. I've uploaded a few pictures and one with a 66 inch tape measure next to it to show the size.

It's one of those pretty long ones that can be used to make a scarf, pashmina, shawl or wrap. There's plenty of material here as the unfolded measurements are 70 x 35 inches! It is made from 100% viscose so is lightweight yet thermal and keeps you warm on a cold day.

The print on this is very nicely done. It's owls sitting on branches and you're getting a lot of owls here! The colours are deep and warm in navy blue with some pinks, whites and black. It's a very nice scarf indeed which does feel nice, soft and warm to the touch.

Perfect for any owl lovers you might know!

Recommended

KukuBird 36H Tribal Owl Pattern Medium Ladies Purse Clutch Wallet - BLUE
KukuBird 36H Tribal Owl Pattern Medium Ladies Purse Clutch Wallet - BLUE
Offered by KukuBird

5.0 out of 5 stars Twit Twoo!, 24 Mar. 2015
I was very kindly sent this Tribal Owl design purse by the distributor for review. There are many people (more so ladies) I know, that are mad about owls and would love to receive one of these purses as a gift. The one I received is the blue was delivered well presented and wrapped in tissue. I have uploaded a few pictures to accompany this review.

This is made from TC material which is a cotton polyester recycled and environmentally friendly material. It also has the characteristic of holding textile dyes really well hence the vibrant colours of this lovely little purse! The inside is textile.

The measurements of this purse are 5 x 3.5 x 1.3 inches (my own measurements) which is the perfect size to go in a handbag or carry in the hand as it's not to bulky.

Storage wise you open the stud fastened flap to access no fewer than ten pockets plus a main compartment for cash! 6 x smaller ones for bank/credit/store cards - coffee vouchers etc and 4 x medium pockets. Two of the smaller pockets have a clear window for any small photographs etc.

There is also a zippered section that will hold all your coins safely. The zip has a small pull fob and a nice smooth action with no snagging.

I must say that the artwork on the front of this is very eye catching and vibrant.

This is a lovely little item which would make a nice gift for any owl lovers in your life.

Highly recommended

Colori Art 10cm Paring Knife Design: Gingham, Colour: Purple
Colori Art 10cm Paring Knife Design: Gingham, Colour: Purple
Offered by The Kitchen Cabinet

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill all rounder in the kitchen, 23 Mar. 2015
I've bought a few of these knives over the years, initially to prepare sushi as well as using on fruit, veg and meat but I found that I was using them for almost everything in the kitchen!

The knives are approximately 8 inches long from handle to blade tip. The blade is 4 inches long as is the handle. The blade which is made from carbon steel has a non stick coating and is the same colour scheme as the handle. This paring knife feels nice in the hand and well balanced, the blade feels like it is half tang, going halfway into the handle this makes the blade quite strong. The blade drops down where it meets the handle into a bit of a choil so your hand shouldn't slip across the blade. The cutting edge travels right to the tip making this knife ideal for precise cuts. The handle is smooth and does have a small finger and thumb grip for better control. A safety sheath is provided to store the knife in which grips the blade well so no fear of it falling off.

I've found these knives great for preparing meat, chicken, fish, fruit and veg including peeling/chopping turnips! I keep these knives sharp using a Gerber Pocket Sharpener just a few passes through the ceramic discs does the job and they are very sharp! The fact that you can sharpen these knives really does mean you're getting excellent value here as they will last for years!

I think Kuhn Rikon have thought of everything in the design of this cracking little knife! It is very sharp indeed and cuts with great precision. Lovely to use. I really like this knife! Definitely one of my favourites.

Colori Art 19.8 cm Paring Knife Colour: Green, Design: Gingham