Profile for KM > Reviews

Content by KM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 2

KM (Liverpool)
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Shoes 2015 Gallery Calendar
Shoes 2015 Gallery Calendar
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars The boss' fave calendar, 29 Sep 2014
I've Bought this calendar every year for my lovely little shoe collector (You can't move in the bedroom you know?) and she loves it. So thought I'd buy her the 2015 one!

The photographs are of very high quality and some of the shoes are really really lovely! It can be stood up and it even tells you the date! If you know a shoe lover like the one I know. . . .buy them one and they'll love you forever and ever and ever if you're very lucky like I am! :(

An ode to a shoe-a-holic . . .

When I first set my eyes upon you
I did not know that . . .
you. . . .
Had a thing about the shoe

But may-be I
Should have knew . . . .

I courted you at the flicks
Restaurant, park and some big hill
You wore Mary Janes, Martin the doctor's Boots (kidding!) and even
Those ettos that start with Still

I never once thought that
My once tidy (yet admittedly) bloke-y bed-room
Would now be full
of your bloody mountain of. . . . shoes!

Anon

2X 4M 40 WARM WHITE BALL LED BATTERY OPERATED INDOOR FAIRY LIGHTS FOR CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS, NEW YEAR DECORATION LIGHTS, FESTIVE LIGHTS, BIRTHDAY PARTY LIGHTS,WEDDING
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up your life!, 29 Sep 2014
You get two sets of fairy lights here.

Each set is operated by 3 x AA batteries which are placed into a small power box which has a switch that turns them on and off. The lights can be set to flashing or just on.

There are 40 lights on each set and the string measures just over 13 feet long, so they are a nice size. Each light measures 1.5cm across and has a warm white glow to it.

These are really well made and solidly fitted to the string. They feel like they will last for years!

They are quoted as being for outdoors but . . .I would put a lick of silicone around the seal of the box just to ensure no water manages to find it's way in.

In use -

These are very nice lights that add a little something to the mood of a room, hallway or window frame. They will be lovely for Christmas or any occasion throughout the year in bedrooms, gardens or wherever you like! I might put mine in the shed!

Great robust lights and you get two sets here so 26 feet and 80 lights in total.

These fairy lights were kindly sent to me for review by the distributor

Highly recommended

SOLEMEMO ® TP801 Mini Handheld Wireless QWERTY Keyboard + Air Mouse with Touch-Sensitive Controls for PC, Pad,Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, PS3&HTPC/XBMC/IPTV/Linux,Raspberry Pi,Mac (Black)
Offered by Solememo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little keyboard for smart TVs, 29 Sep 2014
The TP801 is a mini fully functioning wireless keyboard with touch pad control. It connects to your devices via a wireless dongle which is supplied.

In the box -

- The keyboard which measures 5.25 x 2.75 inches and has the wireless dongle stored in a compartment at the back
- Micro USB charging cable
- Instruction leaflet/card

The keyboard is made from plastic which feels like it's rubber coated to aid grip. Its very lightweight indeed and less than 6 inches across so very small in a mans hand. My thumb covers 8 buttons on this. So you need to be nimble fingered. The keypad is glossy black and well labelled. This is a touch sensitive type keyboard so no crumbs can fall between the keys in use. No more turning it upside down and banging the hell out of it to get your toast out! It's a well built little item.

I won't go through every single key but there is a key for everything on here. Your usual QWERTY keyboard plus nicely positioned at the left side are the directional arrow keys. There's some LED indication lights here too. The directional movement buttons/keys work well! There are also left/right mouse click buttons on here.

In use -

Just plug this in to your pc to charge it up. There is a charging indicator light.

This is a plug and play item and connection is simple. Get the wireless dongle out from the back and plug in to your device. Turn the keyboard on and it will immediately be connected to it. Dead easy.

I've tried it on my Samsung Notebook and bedroom LG Smart TV to surf the web on the big screen, watch videos and use some apps and it worked fine on everything I tried it on. The on screen cursor movement does take some getting use to as it's all over the place with the littlest of presses but after about 20 mins I got the hang of it. With wide-ish thumbs the typing was a bit of a challenge but doable.

Not a bad wireless keyboard at all, it just takes a bit of practice getting the hang of it all!

This wireless keyboard was kindly sent to me from the distributor for review purposes.

Recommended

Bracoo Compression Leg Sleeves(One Pair) (Large, Yellow Accent)
Bracoo Compression Leg Sleeves(One Pair) (Large, Yellow Accent)
Offered by Comfytopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Legs&Co, 29 Sep 2014
I have used leg compression sleeves a few times over the years as I do a lot of cycling and hiking and have done for over 30 years now.

I have used quite a few different straps/products from this supplier over the years and have found them all to be of excellent quality - these leg/calf compression sleeves are no exception.

This review is for the large leg sleeves

The sleeves are for the calves and are quoted as fitting calves of 14.5 - 18.5 inches. My calves are 17 inches in circumference. Make sure you get the right size or they will be too tight to pull up or too loose and will fall down your leg.

The sleeves are very well constructed and stretchy. The stitching around the top/bottom is spot on so they shouldn't fray and they have a stylish yellow pattern on them.

They are quoted as being for 'casual' use.

I've used these a few times now as I've had them for around a month and last used them yesterday during and after a 20+ mile hike/walk around the Wirral coastline. Here's my take on them -

They were tight to put on but not too tight to strangle my calf - a good sign as they won't fall down! They are comfortable and after several minutes I forgot I had them on whilst still feeling like they offered compression and support.

They are supposed to increase oxygenated blood flow, compress the shin and calf muscles, reduce recovery time and ease muscle vibration . . .and I felt that they did! There's some research that says they don't do a thing and it's all in the mind - I feel like they do help recover my legs quicker than usual during and after a hard hike so when I saw these sleeves I thought "I'm a believer" There wasn't a trace of doubt in my mind.

My legs still ache a little as I write but these sleeves definitely help aid recovery in my opinion. They can be worn before - during - after exercise. I'll get a pic up of them on at some stage.

These leg compression sleeves were kindly provided for me to try out and review by the distributor

Bracoo Reversible wrist Stabilizer
Bracoo Reversible wrist Stabilizer
Offered by Comfytopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Support your wrists!, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bracoo Reversible wrist Stabilizer
Although this is advertised as a wrist stabilizer it does also stabilize the thumb.

I was offered this item to review by the manufacturer and decided to accept it as my right wrist occasionally 'goes' on me after years of at times heavy work and I can't put any pressure on it at all or even pick a kettle up to make a cuppa! I have used a wrist strap before and so can compare it to this.

The brace is very well made and you can see/feel that this is a quality product. I actually have a Bracoo knee strap which again is top notch. I'm falling to bits by the sound of this review :( (wait until you see the back support review!)

The brace is predominantly Polyester with Elastane for stretchability. The stitching design is excellent and accounts for the strain relief between the sewn together panels. All Velcro and elasticated panels are spot on. This is an item that will last for years if cared for properly.

In use it will fit either hand and is good for a wrist circumference of up to 10 inches maximum. The brace has a 2 inch wide internal Velcro strip that holds it onto the wrist 'before' you actually strap it up by winding the main strap around the wrist and fastening it securely. It also fits over the thumb which also has a Velcro fastener to hold it in place.

The brace once fitted is very comfortable and secure.

Note - There are no metal/aluminium rods or bendable sections in this brace - it is just very well designed.

My wrists are 8 inches and this brace fitted perfectly well, restricting my wrist and thumb movements enough to allow an injury or medical condition to improve but allowing me to do day to day jobs around the house, cycle, type, write and karate chop wood etc . . . I also found that my hand didn't sweat too much at all.

In all seriousness - An excellent wrist strap in build quality and function. I will definitely pass this on to anybody suffering with wrist/thumb related issues without hesitation.

Highly recommended

I was kindly sent this wrist strap by the manufacturer to try out and review.

PS - I don't actually cycle around the house but outside.

I AM CARDBOARD® 45mm Focal Length Virtual Reality Google Cardboard with Printed Instructions and Easy to Follow Numbered Tabs (WITHOUT NFC) - BLACK
Offered by SUN TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtual reality is here folks!, 27 Sep 2014
When I was asked to review Google Cardboard I thought somebody was having a laugh. I mean - how can a pair of plastic lenses, a metal washer plus magnet and some cardboard allow me to dip my sceptical toe into the waters of 3D virtual reality? It sounds like some sort of prank to catch an unsuspecting lunatic Amazon reviewer out!

Please read on . . .

Note - Your phone needs to be running at least android 4.1 to use these glasses and you cannot wear your own prescription glasses whilst using them! I wear glasses and was okay using these without wearing mine.

I used a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (which is a bit big) with these cardboard glasses but I had to mod the glasses a bit by cutting out a small slit where my volume button sits just so it wasn't activated during use. Other than that I was good to go!

Through the post came a sheet of cardboard with all of the above attached to it. All I had to do was follow the folding instructions printed inside. It's foolproof and you just match the numbered tabs up and with a tiny strip of sticky foam to hold it all together you have Google Cardboard glasses within 5 minutes!

You just pop your phone into the flap and fold it up to the lenses and it's held in place firmly with two Velcro squares.

Now you just hold them up to your face and over your eyes to use. It's that easy! Now you have the cardboard glasses ready to go, you need something to look at . . .where to get some VR content . . .

Go on to the Google Play store and download 'Google Cardboard' as this has several starter 3D VR clips to view through the Google Cardboard. They are -

Earth - this demo lets you fly around a city or mountainside, looking up to fly up and down to fly down, and in any direction to steer left/right Flicking the magnetic button pauses and starts your movement. And it can also fly you all the way into space, which is where you'll choose another destination looking down upon the earth!

Tour Guide - Here's your chance to explore the Palace of Versailles. Very you will be immersed inside great panoramas of various rooms and the grounds outside. Look up and down and all around to examine the detail. This is accompanied by an interesting tour guide audio of what you're looking at

Street Vue - Take to the streets of Paris on a fast journey along the main roads but you can stop anywhere along the way by flicking the magnet for a virtual reality 360 degree view of the surroundings. C'est Excellent !

Exhibit - Check out colourful 3D-modelled art exhibits of various masks. Flick the magnet View-Master style to move from one exhibit to the next

Photo Sphere - Have you ever snapped any photos using Android's panorama feature? Here's your chance to get a real 360 degree view of them

Windy Day - this lovely bit of VR storytelling feels like something from the Pixar archives (and in fact was created by a Pixar director). It's worth using headphones for this clip

You Tube - Choose a video from a 3D wall of popular picks, then watch it on a giant drive in screen that fills your field of vision. Really good this one!

Make sure you download that first to get a feel for the glasses. But . . .there's more content out there folks!

Here's some really good 3D virtual reality stuff you can download from the Google Play store to blow your socks off with these cardboard glasses . . .

Tuscany Drive - Take a very nice walk around a Tuscan villa and it's grounds looking out over the sea. You can actually walk around on this one. All the outdoors sounds you would expect to hear are there too! I think I nearly smashed the kitchen up bashing into stuff as I was actually walking around like some out of control cardboard glasses wearing hippo absolutely oblivious of my real surroundings!

Space Terror VR - 3D horror game demo set on a space station.

Shadowgun VR - Sample of how good a 3D environment can look inside a game. Really good this one!

VR Star Trooper Arena Fly - Not that good but okay as you direct a space ship around an arena flying through rings

The Height - A fast paced trip around a 3D level to find cubes on different levels

These are just a few of what is available, far too many to mention here! Just search for 'VR' on the play store and look through the list, download them and give them a go. If you don't like one you can just delete it! The list is increasing daily.

Using these apps you are literally walking around bumping into stuff as you spin around 360 degrees to look at what's going on. These glasses do work!

So what's the point of it all you may ask? It's really fun and something new to play around with. I have asked a few people to try these out and nearly everybody (especially the blokes) were blown away. But one thing for certain is that 3D virtual reality is the way things are going in gaming, movie watching, viewing photographs, mapping and the internet. With the Oculus Rift on the way these are a great inexpensive insight and experience of what is to come. I personally cannot wait for high definition VR to take off big time.

These Google cardboard glasses were kindly sent to me for review by the manufacturers

Highly recommended

Whitelabel Wireless Portable Shower Speaker with Bluetooth V3.0 Special Waterproof design and Handsfree Mic for Apple iphone/ ipad/ ipod /Sumsang galaxy /Note /Tablet/ PC etc---pink

5.0 out of 5 stars A pink Bluetooth speaker!, 23 Sep 2014
The SoundDew Bluetooth water resistant speaker is a wireless speaker that you can wirelessly play audio through via your mobile phone, tablet or personal computers. You can also take hands free calls via this speaker too.

- The SoundDew speaker in Pink which looks very nice
- Instruction booklet

This speaker is well designed with great build quality. It feels great to handle. The speaker grille and the back is a tough durable plastic whilst the rest of the speaker is made from rubber/silicone. There is a grey rubberised section at the back for when its laying down flat. The charging/aux ports are covered by a rubber/silicone flap. There is a very handy loop built into the top to hang this up! Cannot fault the design personally.

This is water resistant to IPX44 standard which means. . .

'Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect'

So this is splash-proof! (not full on water jet proof) Which makes this perfect for use in wet/damp areas in and around the home/work/recreational places.

At only around 200g and 3 inches wide this is a small portable speaker. Spot on for taking around the house especially kitchen and bathroom, throwing in your bag/rucksack, taking out into the garden/shed or on holiday.

In use -

I charged it up for around three hours. There is a Red LED light whilst charging. You will get around ten hours playback before a recharge.

Connection is easy. Just turn your mobile/device Bluetooth on, hold the SoundDew's power button down for around 10 seconds (there will be a beep then 6 seconds later a second beep and you are connected!} a blue light will flash behind the speaker grille. It will show on your mobile/device as 'SoundDew'

The Bluetooth range is approx 10 meters and the sound quality is very good, crisp and clear with a good bass to it. Full volume which felt around 3w is loud enough with a little distortion when full but nothing too bad, just lower your device volume a tad. You can also connect a non Bluetooth external music/audio source via the Aux 3.5mm port and supplied cable.

Whilst you're phone is connected to this, if someone calls you can take the call via the built in mic and hear your caller through the speaker. Your audio will restart as the call ends.

I tested it by playing some rock music, classical, metal, electro, punk and heavy bass. I found this speaker to be crisp and clear. The bass was very good for its size. The Tune in radio app is brilliant through this speaker and the latest Naked Scientists podcast sounded spot on earlier today whilst I was in the bath and the speaker survived a few splashes and a very steamy bathroom. I also took it into the garden yesterday which was wet and damp whilst I pruned my roses for a few hours. It did get wet as I just threw it on the grass and hung it up on a few nails and it performed well. I gave it a shake and dried it off with some kitchen roll. Great stuff!

To turn off just press the on/off button down for 3 secs and it powers down with a series of beeps.

I really like this speaker as the design is brilliant and very eye catching. More importantly the sound quality is very good and its claim to be water resistant holds well and it can definitely take a few knocks!

Definitely recommended

Whitelabel Wireless Portable Shower Speaker with Bluetooth V3.0 Special Waterproof design and Handsfree Mic for Apple iphone/ ipad/ ipod /Sumsang galaxy /Note /Tablet/ PC etc---Army Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on water resistant speaker, 23 Sep 2014

- The SoundDew speaker in Khaki which looks very nice

Definitely recommended

Whitelabel Wireless Portable Shower Speaker with Bluetooth V3.0 Special Waterproof design and Handsfree Mic for Apple iphone/ ipad/ ipod /Sumsang galaxy /Note /Tablet/ PC etc---black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great water resistant speaker, 23 Sep 2014

- The SoundDew speaker in Black which looks very nice

Definitely recommended

VicTsing Latest 5W 145g Rechargeable IPX5 Waterproof Shockproof Dirt Snow Proof Portable Bluetooth V3.0+A2DP ISSC Stereo Speaker with Suction Cup, Shower Pool Car Handsfree and Built in Mic For iPhone 6 iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 5 5S 5C Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 3 2 HTC One M8 Sony Experia Z1 Z2 and all Bluetooth Devices - on Bathroom, Home or Office, In Car, Camping Driving Bicycling etc (Green)
Offered by VICTECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little speaker, 22 Sep 2014
The VicTsing is a portable Bluetooth speaker that enables you to play music or any audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PC and tablets.

The speaker comes very nicely packaged and in the box you will find -

- The Speaker (W 3.5 X H 9.5 cm) 5 watts of music power 500mAh battery Military green in colour
- Micro USB to USB charging cable (20 inches long)
- Metal camping clip to attach to the speaker to hang it up

Note - There is no aux port on this speaker

The unit has a very good build quality indeed with the speaker housed behind a black aluminium mesh grille. The main body is a very tough plastic with a rubberised coating giving the whole unit a very solid feel in the hand. It has a huge suction cup on the back and sits very well on any surface. This is an outdoors use item and is rated at IP56 which means it is protected from objects of 1mm and over from entering the unit and is also protected from water spray from any direction causing harm.

Around the sides you have -

- on/off power switch
- Micro USB charging port housed behind a water proofed seal
- Play/pause/call answer
- Mic for taking telephone calls is on the bottom
- Prev/Next track which are also Vol + and -

In use. . .

After a few hours charging you will get around 8 hours playtime. Bluetooth connection is easy and it came up as 'C6' on my devices.

I've played quite a bit of music/audio from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Ipad 4 and Samsung notebook through it. All connected easily in a second. Blues, 80's Electro, Rock, Metal, Classical all sounded okay. The sound produced is very good leaning towards a bass feel. Using your equalizer presets or custom EQ settings on you devices you can achieve exactly the sound you're looking for. With no distortion at full volume this speaker can fill a room in your house if that's your thing. Being a tough outdoors item it would be great for the bathroom/shed/garden/beach/hiking too.

Telephone calls - to take a call just press the telephone icon button and you're on the call via your speaker which has a built in mic and to stop a call just press the same button again.

It's a nice little tough speaker which at 5 watts is quite loud with very little distortion at full volume. Brilliant for outdoors use as well as indoors, this is a good all rounder.

This speaker was kindly sent to me by the manufacturer for review.

Recommended.