Profile for KM > Reviews

Content by KM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 2

KM (Liverpool)
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DBPOWER® BX-100 All in One Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker with Dual Speakers and Enanced Bass Resonator, FM Radio, Built-in Mic, LED Display, Alarm clock, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Support TF Card/Micro SD Card and USB Input, 15-25M Bluetooth Range, up to 6 Hours Playtime, Support MP3, WAV, WMA, APE, FLAC Format (Black & Red)
Offered by MyStore365

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluetooth speaker with FM radio. Micro SD/USB pen drive compatible, 23 April 2015
The DB Power BX-100 is a Bluetooth speaker system that enables you to play music or any audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PC and tablets. This also has a clock/FM radio function.

The speaker comes very nicely packaged and in the box you will find -

- The BX-100 Speaker (9.5 X W 2.1 X 2.42 inches) 2 x 3 watts of music power plus a 5 watt subwoofer - FM radio
- Micro USB to USB charging cable
- 3.5mm aux audio cable
- Instruction booklet

The BX-100 speaker has a very good build quality indeed with speakers housed behind black metal mesh grilles. The main body is a tough plastic with a rubberised coating giving the whole unit a very solid feel in the hand. It has a rubber feet and sits very well on any surface.

At the back you have the on'off power switch, USB port for music stored on a flash drive, Micro SD card slot, 3.5mm jack plug socket and the 5v DC charging port.

On the top of the speaker you have the function buttons -

- Play/Pause
- FM radio activation
- Next/Prev track
- Volume +/-
- Clock
- Telephone answer/end call

At switch on you will hear the speaker beep to verify it is in bluetooth mode.
To pair up with a Bluetooth enabled device you just scan for devices and it will come up as 'BX-100'. Upon connection the speaker will beep and You can now play your device audio through the speaker.

Very user friendly and easy to connect.

To go into FM Radio you just long press (3 seconds) the FM button and begin a scan for FM stations. The stations I found in Liverpool were -

- Radio 1
- Radio Cymru
- Smooth FM
- Real Radio
- City Talk 105.9

The music/audio quality was good enough on all these and you just skip through them by pressing the ffwd/next track button. It is a built in aerial so you may have to find that sweet spot we all have somewhere in the house to get the perfect reception. The radio was spot on in my opinion when tuned in and picking a good signal up. Sometimes with these speaker radios if you put the 3.5mm cable in it acts as an aerial if the in built one is a bit hit and miss.

You can also play music/audio from any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone socket, from a SD Card with music stored on it or from a Flash/Pen Drive with music stored on it.. So everything is covered here! Of course if you have audio books stored on your SD Cards/Flash Drives you can play these too. I have a lot of audio books/podcasts stored on flash drives and have listened to them through this speaker.

In use. . .

I don't claim to be a audio expert by any means and how could I prove it if I did? "Hey I'm an audiophile don't you know?" How many times have you read that? Says who? But what I can say is that when I played music/audio through this speaker is. . .Wow! I do know when something sounds good and when something sounds great and to me this speaker does sound very good for it's size!

I've played quite a bit of music/audio from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Ipad 4 and Samsung notebook through it. All connected easily in a second. Blues, 80's Electro, Rock, Metal, Classical all sounded amazing. The bass on this speaker is just right as is everything else. The soundstage is well balanced indeed. Using your equalizer presets or custom EQ settings on you devices you can achieve exactly the sound you're looking for. With no distortion at full volume this speaker can easily fill a room in your house if that's your thing. Great for the garden/beach too.I always go on about the Tune In Radio app. I listened to some old time American sci fi through this. The old Dimension X stuff and it was brilliant, the dodgy space sound effects were great!

Telephone calls - to take a call just press the telephone icon button and you're on the call via your speaker which has a built in mic on the top and to stop a call just press the same button again.

This speaker was kindly sent to me by the manufacturer for review.

Comment Comment | Permalink

PSYC Prisim Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with LED Lights and Compatible with iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini/Air, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4, Galaxy Tab 2/3, Nexus 7, ...
Offered by E-Deals Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great audio plus an impressive music activated light show!, 21 April 2015
The Sumvision Prisim is a Bluetooth 2.1 speaker system which is a bit different in that as many others it enables you to play music or any audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PC and tablets but this one has 72 LED lights behind the speaker mesh that give you a cracking little light show whilst the speaker is playing your favourite music!

I have been using this for over one week now and have uploaded a few pictures to accompany this review just to try and show some of the colours and build quality.

The speaker comes very nicely packaged in a nice box and in the box you will find -

- The cone shaped Prisim Speaker (Height 5.0 X Width at base 4.7 inches) - 2 x 3 watts of music power - 2200mAh rechargeable Li Ion battery - with voice prompt
- Micro USB to USB charging cable
- 3.5mm aux audio cable

The Prisim speaker has a very good build quality indeed with speakers housed behind a black aluminium powder coated mesh grille. The main body is 360 degree metal grille giving the whole unit a very solid feel in the hand. It has a rubber base and sits very well on any surface.

Underneath you have the on/off power button and the LED light activation button.

On the top of the speaker you have the one button which also acts as a dial. . .

By 'pressing' this you can pause/play your music - accept/decline calls
By 'turning' this you can higher/lower the speaker volume.

On the bottom outside you will see the usb charging port and .5mm aux port.

At switch on you will hear the speaker say "bluetooth mode is on". . .and it lights up blue.
To pair up with a Bluetooth enabled device you just scan for devices and it will come up as ''PSYC_PRISIM'. Upon connection the speaker will beep and say "Paired" the whole speaker flushes up and down with red LED lights which I think looks quite impressive.

You can now play your device audio through the speaker. Very user friendly and easy to connect.

You can play music/audio from any bluetooth device or any non bluetooth device with a standard 3.5mm headphone socket.

In use. . .

The speaker -

I don't claim to be a audio expert by any means and how could I prove it if I did? "Hey I'm an audiophile don't you know?" How many times have you read that? Says who? But what I can say is that when I played music/audio through this speaker is. . . I do know when something sounds good and when something sounds great and to me this speaker does sound very good for it's size!

I've played quite a bit of music/audio from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Ipad 4 and Samsung notebook through it. All connected easily in a second. Blues, 80's Electro, Rock, Metal, Classical all sounded amazing. The bass on this speaker is just right as is everything else. The soundstage is well balanced indeed. Using your equalizer presets or custom EQ settings on you devices you can achieve exactly the sound you're looking for. With no distortion at full volume this speaker can easily fill a room in your house if that's your thing. Great for the garden/beach too. I always go on about the Tune In Radio app. I listened to some old time American sci fi through this. The old Dimension X stuff and it was brilliant, the dodgy space sound effects were great!

Telephone calls - to take a call just press the telephone button and you're on the call via your speaker which has a built in mic and to stop a call just press the same button again.

The LED lights -

Well, I'm impressed! You've got 72 LED lights housed behind the speaker grille. 50 shades of red -green - yellow - blue - orange here! It definitely seems to give out every colour under the rainbow just like a Prism!

You can choose to have these on or off via the button underneath. When on you get 6 hours of play - off and you get upto 12 hours.

You have a few settings which again are chosen by pressing the LED button underneath. They can scroll across - down - diagonally or be set to strobe to the music. The louder the music - the better the display! It's really effective and I can imagine a talking point at parties.

When you turn it off it lets out a deep shutdown tone which sounds like a movie sound effect - a nice touch which just adds to the drama of the LED lights display!

I have checked out and reviewed many Bluetooth speakers over the last few years and at this price I think that this speaker offers great design - build quality - audio quality plus the LED light show is something I have never seen before, which for me is brilliant! This would be great for house parties as it's definitely loud enough for the average sized room and it would make a great inexpensive gift for any music loving teen which will look the business in the bedroom.

This speaker was kindly sent to me for review.

Comment Comment | Permalink

DBPOWER® New Design Fashion Adjustable Brightness Touch Sensor Desk Lamp Energy Saving
Offered by MyStore365

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful light, 9 April 2015
If you suffer from poor vision (I do) and struggle to read due to the lack of available 'quality' bright white light. . .I would definitely recommend this lamp on that basis alone. Great for highlighting close up work such as soldering, painting models, jewellery repair etc. . . .

In the box you get the instructions, the goose neck light with the clip attached plus the usb charging cable.

This is a plug and play item and ready to go straight out the box!

To activate the light you just have to touch the touch sensitive button on the clip on base. It has three levels of light. . .

1st long press- low setting
2nd touch- medium setting
3rd touch- high setting

A fourth long press will turn it off. Simple.

The goose neck can be bent into any angle and pointed in any direction. The light head itself can also rotate 360° so this light can basically point anywhere you want it to.

The light has 14 good quality LED bulbs that cast a clean bright light which is 'less' of a strain on the eyes when reading or doing close-up work such as soldering or jewellery repair (which I do) or intricate model making, than light such as that from a fluorescent tube/common bulb.

There's a built in clip as the base of this light which opens up to just over two inches. You can clip this anywhere you like - tables - chairs - under a parasol in the garden at night - edge of your pc . . . .very useful indeed. It can also stand up freely without being clipped to anything.

The charging point is on the side of the clip on base - so you can attach this to any usb to charge it up - easy!

According to the manufacturers this light has a 1000mAH battery that can be re-charged upto 500 times which means that on each setting you could get-

Low- 8 hours
Med- 6 hours - enough to read by at night
High- 3 hours

This is a great looking modern design, good build quality and very useful little lamp.

Highly Recommended.

This light was kindly provided by DBPOWER for me to review.

Candle Jar M night Jasmine
Candle Jar M night Jasmine
Offered by Boost & Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fragrance, 9 April 2015
This review is from: Candle Jar M night Jasmine
I've bought this for our living room as were all Yankee candle fans and they're all over the house plus I grow night scented Jasmine every year in the garden and it does smell very similar to that.

This is the medium Midnight Jasmine jar which is a combination of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom.Sounds lovely and the fragrance is really nice and refreshing, not overpowering at all.

The burn time on these medium jars is 65 - 90 hours. The upper limit is doable but the main thing you can do to help it achieve 90 hours is keep the wick trimmed down to 3mm! The longer the wick, the bigger the flame and it will burn the wax off quicker.

Keep the wick short and it will last longer!

Lovely fragrance

1byone® New Release Modern Design Easy Chime - Premium Twin Portable Waterproof Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit , With CD Quality Sound, 36 Chime Tones and Adjustable Volume, Stable Wireless transmitting Range - 1 Year limited Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this doorbell!, 9 April 2015
There is a manufacturer quoted 300 feet operating range on these.

Note - You will need 2 x AA batteries for each bell unit as they are not supplied

The whole thing is extremely well made from tough ABS plastic and the push button and bell units just feel and look very good quality. They look great in the red and white too!

The push button measures only 2 inches square and fitting is simple as sticking a peel off pad on the back and pressing it to wherever you want it. The two bell units measure approx 4 inches square and 1 inch thick. They can easily be simply stood up anywhere at all you need them or you can wall mount them using the screws/plugs supplied.

I have the button on the side of my front door and one bell unit in the kitchen and the other I can take into the garden or upstairs - wherever I need it! I had one at the very back of my garden and somebody pushed the big red button! I must have been well over 150ft away from the door and it picked it up no problem.

So it works a treat!

There are 36 tunes built into the bell units and they can be easily cycled through and there are 3 levels of volume. Mine are set on the lowest which is loud enough for me. The tunes are clear but CD quality I doubt very much. But good enough. Some crazy stuff on there as well as some well known tunes. There's Happy Birthday - Christmas songs - Birds chirping - a supposed knock knock sound - and much more to wonder at! I have opted for the basic ding dong!

Brilliant doorbell set which I can tunefully recommend! :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Premium oven gauntlets, long heat resistant sleeve, superior protection, oven gloves with fingers, TioTina Cookware (Medium, fits most small to medium hands) 350 C heat protection Aramid/Paramid
Offered by Lishcorp Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heat resistance and top quality, 7 April 2015
I was very kindly sent these oven/heat resistant gloves for review purposes by the designer.

These are heat resistant gloves for use with ovens and BBQ's and anything that is too hot too handle! The ones I was sent are the large size. I have large hands and these were well big enough in my opinion. I could probably get away with a medium pair as I prefer a tighter fitted glove. Just my personal preference.

They are extremely well made and are thick yet flexible/comfortable enough on the hand. They are covered in heat resistant silicone dots to aid grip - which they do really well. I would class these as a gauntlet rather than a glove as they do protect the wrist and a bit up the forearm more so than a glove would.

They are insulated with Aramid which is a class of heat resistant and strong synthetic fibers. It's used in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic rated body armor fabric and ballistic composites, in bicycle tires, and as an asbestos substitute.

The heat resistance you're getting here is upto 350 deg C or 665 deg F which is beyond extremely hot in cooking terms! Gas mark 9 on your oven is 240 deg C so that gives you an indication of how resistant these are.

In use -

These are brilliant!

I've used them to get Le Creuset ovenware out of the oven and that stuff does get really hot! No problem with the Tio Tina gloves. I have a cast iron outdoor log burner/pizza oven and these will be perfect for that during the summer months.

Note - not suitable for touching hot surfaces if wet so 'keep dry'

Comment Comment | Permalink

Chinese Lanterns with Lights - Red/green/orange - Solar LED - Nylon Lamp for Outdoor
Offered by Helios Creations

5.0 out of 5 stars Hěn Hǎo, 7 April 2015
I was very kindly sent these solar powered Chinese lanterns by the distributor for review purposes. I have uploaded a few pics to accompany my review.

I love the idea of free electricity! Yep I'm a northern tightwad! :)

I already have a few good solar powered strings of garden lights which have lasted for years now so I know they work.

These Chinese lanterns come flat packed - there's three in this pack which are Green - Orange - Red and you can buy other colour combinations.

They're made from nylon and come with a inner wire frame which is dead easy to fit. You just unscrew the solar panel and put the wire frame inside as per the instructions (takes seconds), flick the on/off switch to 'on' and screw the solar panel back on - that's it! You now have a fully assembled Chinese lantern which measures approx 10 inches top to bottom - so a nice size. It also has a plastic hook at the top to hang it up wherever you want.

Fortunately, we had a nice sunny day here in Liverpool so I was able to leave them out to charge up so they could come on at night. . .which they did!

They are a decorative item so don't cast a mega bright light but do provide a little something rather nice to look at if sitting out and create a nice ambience. I really like them.

I have left them out for several days now and we've had dense wet cold fog here he last few days and they're still working fine. I think I'll be hanging these up under our big parasol that goes over the table outside. Should be nice when sitting out on hot summer nights.

Great addition to the garden and once charged up - you could use them indoors if you so wish!

Recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2015 9:50 AM BST

Silicone Colorful Tea Bag Shape Tea Infuser - Loose Leaf Herbal Tea Filter Strainer For Mug Cup - Set Of 4PCS With Varying Bright Colors - Enjoy Your Tea Time
Offered by Keisound-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars More tea Vicar? Great infusers - something different!, 3 April 2015
Being a tea lover I was more than happy to be offered these teabag shaped silicone tea infusers to review.

I do love a cuppa being from oop north and a strong brew at that. But I do like a cup of Chinese red or black tea after being served it many times over the years in Liverpool's Chinatown. I buy my loose leaves via the internet and the type I use are Dianhong and Yixing. These infusers are perfect for Chinese tea leaves.

Here you get four infusers which are approx 2 inches tall and are made from silicone. There is a little silicone string with a tab on to hook over the side of your cup to dunk it! I like them a lot! They're different and fun and a talking point at the table.

The infuser comes apart at the bottom and allows you to place your fresh loose tea leaves inside the 'bag'. You then just put the bottom legs back on and allow it to steep in the boiled water - dunk it a few times - to make your preferred brew.

It's that simple!

They work perfectly well and produce a great cuppa! They're easy to rinse clean being silicone and are ready for the next infusion. Therefore I can recommend them for any tea lovers out there.

So how do you make a great up of loose leaf tea?

- Use fresh water which has boiled only once - don't use double boiled water as it impairs the flavour
- Use good quality loose tea. Basically just make sure it's fresh.
- Allow the boiled water to cool for 30 seconds before pouring so it's just off 100 deg.
- Use 3 - 5g of loose tea per cup and make sure there's a little room to spare in your infuser (there is in these ones!) to allow the leaves to move and release their flavour.
- Don't over steep! A good quality leaf only needs 90 seconds. I leave mine for 2 - 3 mins.

Now you have a great cup of tea :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Silicone Basting Pastry & BBQ Brush - Flexible, Durable Brush & Crystal Handle - Set Of 4PCS, Varying Bright Color - Best Kitchen Gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality silicone basting brushes, 3 April 2015
I was very kindly sent this set of four silicone basting brushes by the distributor for review purposes. Being a foodie and keen home cook I was happy to give them a go!

You're getting four small brushes in this set. They are different colours so you can colour code them for use with certain foods or give some away to fellow foodies!

Each one is 8 inches long and the silicone head is 1.5 inches wide. The handle is a transparent very solid plastic and has a small lanyard hole at the end so you could hang it up if need be.

I always use a brush to baste my meat in hot oil or it's own juices produced during cooking as it definitely browns it off well and makes it look mouth watering as it comes out of the oven. It definitely tastes better too.

These are perfectly good in use and do the job in hand. There's loads of basting jobs around the kitchen like egg wash, oil, sauces and marinade application and these brushes are good to go on all of them.

Washing silicone kitchenwares is dead easy too. Hot soapy water or into the dishwasher to clean and they come out as new every time. Silicone products last for years and don't deteriorate quickly under normal use.

Recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

His & Hers Matching Set Tea Infuser - Silicone Mr. And Ms. Tea Infuser - Loose Leaf Herbal Tea Strainer For Mug Cup - Grey For Beast & Pink For Beauty - Enjoy Your Love Tea Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky couple of tea infusers!, 3 April 2015
Being a tea lover I was more than happy to be offered these His&Hers tea infusers to review.

Here you get two infusers - The pink lady and the grey bloke! They measure approx 3 inches tall and are made from silicone. The arms are designed to hook onto the side of your cup whilst the tea brews. I like them a lot! They're quirky and fun and a talking point at the table.

The infuser comes apart at the waist and allows you to place your fresh loose tea leaves inside the legs. You then just put the perforated legs back on and allow it to steep in the boiled water - dunk it a few times - to make your preferred brew.

It's that simple!

So how do you make a great up of loose leaf tea?

- Use good quality loose tea. Basically just make sure it's fresh.

Now you have a great cup of tea :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20