Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Kev Mooney > Reviews

Content by Kev Mooney
Top Reviewer Ranking: 5

Kev Mooney (Liverpool)
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cash & Bash ® Born From Surfer Origins | NIU RAW COCONUT BODY OIL | Male | Filtered + Fermented | Natural Hair and Skin Care with Anti-inflammatory, Anti-fungal and Anti-bacterial Properties | Made in UK | 100% Pure, Natural & Organic
Offered by Cash and Bash

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural organic raw coconut oil for beauty care, 19 July 2016
I was very kindly sent a selection of products by Cash&Bash who are based in Jersey, for review purposes. I will be using them all several times over the coming few weeks before posting a user's review . . .

This review is for the NIU Coconut Body Oil, size 250mls.
My partner has used coconut oil for many years on her hair and skin.

I have uploaded a few pics of the tub - label - how it looks on the hand.

This is a single 250ml plastic tub of raw fermented and filtered organic coconut oil. Upon arrival you will find that it is a solid at room temperature but - it does have a very low melting point and will readily melt into it's oil state on the palm of your hand.

Please note - This Coconut oil is 100% raw and the method of extraction is by hand - heat - fermentation and filtration. This kind of extraction (fermentation) produces an oil that is only for beauty purposes and is not to be eaten. There are acids of fermentation and some moisture remaining in the oil that are beneficial to the hair and skin but not suitable for ingestion!

It's all good but just don't eat it!

This jar has a 12 month shelf life mark on it.

Note - Keep stored in a cool, dark place.

In use at above room temperature -

This Coconut oil is white in it's solid form but colourless in it's liquid state - slightly sweet to the taste and very coco-nutty in fragrance!

What can you use this for? - This coconut oil is free from additives and preservatives as it is 100% raw and natural.

I have used this to massage my partners body head to toe a few times now. Just get a small amount in your hands and cup them together - it will melt quickly and a little goes a long way! It has a rather nice glide to it across the skin and gives the skin a nice lustre after a massage as it's readily absorbed making a great moisturiser. I myself have used coconut oil for a few years now and this one from Cash&Bash definitely has a high end fel to it from a beauty product point of view.

Other health uses for this oil would be as an everyday moisturiser directly on the skin or try adding a small amount in your bath. It's good for your hair, improving thickness and strength (so she who shall be obeyed says) and it's all good for reducing dark circles around the eyes and as a makeup remover!

My partner who is mixed race has been using coconut oil on her hair&body for decades and swears by it. She has kinky afro type hair and straightens it occasionally. She applies a small amount of this oil afterwards and runs it through with her fingers to the tips. It smells quite pleasant and gives a shine to her hair as well as giving protection and providing some control. She also uses it on her skin and people often think she's ten years younger than she really is. I did when I first met her and was shocked when I found out her real age. Straight up!

Just a quick one in regards to massage - I would definitely check that the person being massaged did not have an allergy before use (you could do this by rubbing a tiny amount on the back of the leg) and I think nowadays it goes without saying that if used as a lubricant (and it can be) it can damage a condom and render it useless! Something to keep in mind during the massage!

So sum up - this is quite the all rounder oil and has been used for all the above for centuries in Asia, India and many other countries. It appears that a little goes a long way in benefitting your health&wellbeing.

Highly recommended
Comment Comment | Permalink

Microfibre Cloths Universal Cleaning Pads compatible with X5 and Vax S2 Steam Mops (Pack of 3)
Offered by VacMagic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive spare cloths - appear to fit nearly all triangular head mops, 16 July 2016
I've not long bought the Vax S88W1MB steam mop from here and thought I might as well get a few spare microfibre cloths so I'll always have a clean one to go with.
Sone a quick search - read through the many reviews on this set - thank you all! - and thought I'd give em a go!

I've uploaded a few pics with this review to show them and one next to one that came with the Vax mop - and on my steam mop.

Not bad quality at all. The nylon tie fastening system works really well and of course they are washable. Great for buffing mirrors - glass - tiles by hand too!

My mop head measures 11 x 9 x 9 inches and this fitted comfortably and I'm not on about my haircut.

Looking through a lot of reviews these appear to fit nearly all triangular head shaped steam mops! Lokks like a one size fits all design where you just pull the cord to tighten to size. But do check for yourself before buying.

Here's a list of steam cleaners/mops mentioned within other reviews . . .

Hot Mop
Vax S1
Vax S2
Vax X5
Vax S88W1MB

But for my own use on the aforementioned Vax - they work a treat! Recommended.

Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White
Vax S88W1MB Steam Mop S88-W1M-B White

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy and filthy review. . ., 15 July 2016
After over 30 odd years of mopping, I was getting a bit fed up with it all. I must have been through more mops than Hong Kong Phooey and god knows how many buckets I've kicked over or nearly stepped into! So I decided enough was enough - I had to change my tightwad northern ways and splash out one of these fancy mops I'd heard about!

After a quick look at the reviews (thankyou fellow shoppers!) on bog standard steam mops I thought I'd give this one a go. It meets all my criteria - it won't break the bank and it isn't expensive and did I say I was tight?

I just wanted an inexpensive steam mop. I don't want to steam my cooker knobs - door knocker or blast my tile grout. Into oblivion. Just clean the floor! This is the steam mop for me.

I have uploaded a few pics to show it delivered - the parts - the microfibre cloths - how it looks working.

In the box . . .

you will find it in two parts - the main body plus the handle. The handle just clicks into the steam unit - dead easy and it's together! You get two microfibre cloths - a funnel and carbon filter jug! The carbon filter is for hard water areas. Using this will prevent limescale build up. You also get a triangular 'carpet glider' which you can use to freshen your carpets up if you want!

You do get an instruction booklet too. It's all in there, well explained.

In use . . .

Stick the handle in - stick a cloth on the moppy bit (See pics for moppy bit!) - plug it in and switch it on. Press the on button on the steam unit and one minute later the green light comes on and you will see/hear steam coming out of the moppy bit!

Now you can mop your life away! Just take your time giving the steam a chance to eat into any stubborn bits of dust/grease/grime. Keep it moving slowly but surely and watch as it really does clean the hell outta your floors. No wooden handled mops to wring out or change the head on - buckets to fill - dirty water to tip out - no rubbish aluminium handled mops that snap after a week - no massive buckets with a built in mangle to wring your mop out. None of that!

If you fill the water tank which is 280 mls - you get ten minutes of steam mopping, which is quite a bit as this mop is efficient and gets the job done quickly.

The microfibre cloths can be washed on a 60 but don't use softner or the microfibres will be ruined! They will not pick dirt/moisture up as they should. This is why you shouldn't use softner on tea towels either! (Just thought I'd throw that one in there!)

Anyway, my kitchen floor which is a wooden look lino (did I mention I was tight?) Came up brilliantly which also means - it was filthy! I was personally shocked. How dare my kids walk on the floor and get it all dirty, terrible kids, leave home now . . .please! It's okay - they're 23 and 18. Damn their dirty feet, dropped pizzas and junk food!

That's about it. Oh! The handle has a cable tidy on it so you can wrap the cable up neatly and hide your new steamy freind away in the cupboard - until next time! Hot stuff folks indeed!

Yep I really like my new steam mop as inexpensive as it was,  compared to others.

- Dead easy to set up
- Takes the effort out of a mundane job
- Leaves floors spot on and dries quickly
- Stores away easily and neatly
- Spare cloths and fragranced water stuff that you can put in the water to make it smell nice can be bought from here too!

It's all good upto now. If anything crops up I will update this review.

Steamily recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

VECELO Eames Style DSW Eiffel Plastic Retro Dining Chair/ Lounge Chair, Set of 2(white2)
Offered by VECELO

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive chairs. Iconic design., 12 July 2016
I often look on Pintrest at home office set ups in small spaces and these stylish chairs regularly pop up on the photographs. So I was surprised to be asked to review this set of two at no cost to myself. They have been used for over two weeks now before posting this review.

I have uploaded a few photos to show delivery - unboxed seat/legs - screws and bolts provided to build - build quality and the finished item!

These are great reproductions of the husband and wife designers Ray and Charles Eames' Eiffel Chairs. A classic and famous design (if you're into chairs!)

They arrived well packaged, so keep the box if you want to use em - take apart and store away until you need them again. They go back in the box quite easily. Remember how you took them out! Instructions are basic pictures showing how the bolts and washers go in, but these are easy to build.

The seats are made from a matte gloriously white plastic (looks like polypropylene?) which is very strong indeed. The legs are beechwood and have metal strengthening struts that criss cross from leg to leg. Hence they look similar to the design of the Eiffel Tower! Cool.

Putting together - took me around 20 mins. You do not need any tools at all! You are provided with an allen key as it's all allen key style bolts. Dead easy!

How do they look and feel once built up?

Absolutely brilliant! I love the look - feel and design of these handsome chairs. They are so well ergonomically designed. Very comfortable and the design makes you sit up, back straight but comfortable. There is a bit of flex in the back rest too. So you can lean back somewhat. The legs are spot on too. Strong and stylish, they have silicone rubber feet at the ends to protect floors. Really impressed with the comfort and look of these chairs.

They clean up well too. A wipe down with a soapy cloth and quickly buffed dry and they're back to pure white. Something to note is that the manufacturers quote a 21 stone weight capacity.

I don't usually mention prices because I just think - if you can afford - buy it! But in this case I believe that the price point here certainly does not reflect the outstanding quality and stylish look of these chairs.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Yiyu Premium Pour Over Cone Dripper Reusable Coffee Filter with Cup Stand Stainless Steel Silver
Offered by simply lifeuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for 'grind your own' coffee lovers!, 11 July 2016
I have been using this coffee dripper for around a month now. It was kindly sent to me for review by YiYu. I've uploaded a few pics with my review.

Made from stainless steel this is way better than a silicone one with papers that I use from time to time. It has a very fine mesh which obviously allows water through but no coffee grounds. It stands really well on any cup/mug and has a little notch on the top to pick it up with.

In use it's brill as expected. Really well made and solid in the hand. It filters your coffee at a rate suitable to produce a nice coffee. No splashing/spilling at all.

How do you make a great coffee using a dripper?

- I add one to three heaped tablespoon of my grounds into the filter then level the bed off making a small divot in the middle
- Then slowly add just enough water to wet the coffee bed and leave for 30 seconds - this will leech the flavour out
- Slowly pour the water in and move around the coffee bed in small circles so you're using all the coffee grinds.

You will have a great brew in a few minutes!

It washes up well too with no staining at all.

Great kitchen item.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Amorus® Multi-function Throw Blanket for Sofa Bed Chair Super Soft Lightweight,130cm x 180cm (Sun Moon Stars)
Offered by AmorusOfficial

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking throw with the wow factor!, 6 July 2016
I was very kindly sent this multi purpose reversible tapestry style throw/blanket by Amorus for review purposes. I have uploaded a few pics to show the throw size (70 x 50 inches or 5.8 x 4.1 feet) - Moon&Stars pattern - tassels - the reverse side - quality and colours.

Delivered well packaged, I was surprised at how much weight there is in this throw. There's a huge thread count of cotton gone into this - it isn't a cheap feeling thin throw by any stretch of the imagination. You get a lot of thick woven cotton here. Very nicely made and it feels really nice in the hand and on the skin. The fringed edging/tassels are spot on and look brilliant once all straightened out.

I received the Moon&Stars pattern which features The sun at the centre - moons - comets - ringed planets and stars. The colours on this one are really vibrant and look fantastic! It really does look celestial fully opened out. Anybody interested in mind, body and soul hobbies would probably love this!

What can you use it for?

Anything you like really! If you like the idea of a tapestry then this would make a great wall hanging in the right room although the tassels might pose a problem there - table cover - picnic blanket - furniture cover and of course a throw for in the bedroom on the bed/chair/lounger, something to cosy yourself up under on chilly nights!

I washed this as soon as it arrived on a 40 degree quick wash cycle - gentle spin 400. I just pegged it out on the line to dry on a sunny day. It came out perfect.

I personally would not use this to walk on regularly in shoes as it's just too nice and will get ruined. Bare or stocking feet - no problem. It's really soft and comforting under bare foot/skin.

As somebody who loves anything to brighten the home up this is bang on the button for me! It would make a cracking gift and there's quite a few different designs. Very good quality - thick cotton - good size - vibrant colours - beautiful to look at and warmly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Procella Umbrella Golf Umbrella 62-Inch Large Windproof Auto Open Rain & Wind Resistant Green and White
Offered by Procella Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding umbrella. Really like this one!, 5 July 2016
I was kindly sent this golf umbrella by Porcella for review purposes at no cost to myself. I have been using it weather permitting (and how it has permitted!) for over two months now!

I have uploaded a few photos of the brolly to show the ribs, venting, handle, size and colour.

Without beating about the bush I think one word will sum up this brolly. Wow! Sometimes something comes along that stands out from the many products you come across. This is one of those items for me.

Sizewise it's 39 inches long (handle to tip) and a massive 62 inches wide! It's huge!

I recieved the white&green one which looks brilliant.

First thing you notice is that it is solid in the hand. The build quality here is first class in every aspect in my humble opinion. Fastened by two velcro straps - take these off and press the button on the handle to 'pop' this brolly open. Make sure you make room though as it is big and does pop out with a bit of force.

At 62 inches wide it's a biggun! Well enough room under here for two people and the canopy does come down plenty to protect you (and another) from the elements.

The canopy is double layered with a venting system that allows wind to blow through the canopy so it isn't ripped out of your hands on a windy day. It works too!

The opened canopy is held open by carbon fibre ribs which are again really well made and very strong. No thin weak parts on here. It's all very well manufactured indeed.

The handle is easy grip and comfortable therefore avoiding hand fatigue as much as possible.

In use -

Brilliant! I've used this quite a few times lately and one day last week it hammered down here in Liverpool city centre. I had to walk around a few theatres picking tickets up and this brolly was a godsend keeping me dry in torrential rain.

The other stand out feature here is that it's pretty lightweight for it's massive size! I personally found it easy to carry around popped open for over two hours. Easy to put down by presing the same button and pulling down with your hand until you feelhear a click - it's now locked down so you can wrap around the velcro straps. There's even a lightening proof tip on it. Job's a goodun!

Definitely one of the best brolly's I've ever used. Great build quality - strong in every aspect - carbon fibre ribs - a massive 62 inch canopy - lightweight and it just looks good too!

Recommended.

Cherry Wood Style Plastic Ring Box With Light
Cherry Wood Style Plastic Ring Box With Light
Offered by MoGo's Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice box - shame about the ring., 3 July 2016
I bought this just as something a bit quirky to present her who shall be obeyed with a ring I'd bought for her birthday. I paid an arm and a short leg for a ring and the box it came in was shockingly - crap.

So after having a little look around this place, spotted this plastic cherrywood (funny I know) box. But hey! This little box only has a small yet powerful LED light in the lid that illuminates the ring inside!

Nice looking box+ring+LED light up lid=winner!

I've uploaded a few pics to show the box in real life!

The box actually looks the business. Very glossy, great hinge and velvet padded inside.

The LED light is surprisingly bright and illuminates the ring like only a QVC sales pitch can! It makes the ring look amazingly blingy, shiny and . . .expensive (even if it wasn't).

The ring and box went down very well and much smooching went on afterwards.

So, if you're looking for a nice box to put your ring in, you cannot go wrong giving this one a go!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bamboo Shoe Rack, HST Mall 2 Tier Wooden Shoe Rack Bench Storage Organiser 90 x 27 x 45cm Made of 100% Natural Bamboo Max Load Capacity up to 100KG
Offered by HST MALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy piece of furniture, 27 Jun. 2016
I was very kindly sent this Bamboo shoe stand by HST Mall for review purposes at no cost. I have been using this for just over two weeks now . . .I have uploaded a few photographs to show the stand delivered, it's various parts and in use.

The stand/rack arrived in a long-ish thin box and is self assembly (all allen key screws so dead easy). It took me around 15 minutes to put together. Definitely an easier job for two!

What's in the box?

1 x Rack top - 4 x legs - 2 x slotted shoe racks - 16 x allen screws - 8 x allen bolts with washers and of course the allen key! I did get a single instruction sheet which was in Chinese but it's quite easy to put together to be honest. You don't need the instructions at all.

This is a very lightweight shoe rack but it is made from Bamboo which has been laquered and has a very nice smooth shiny finish to it. My own measurements once built are - L 35 x W 11 x H 17 inches.

I was a bit dubious about the strength of this rack before I'd built it up but after parking my big scouse booty on it my flabber had never been so ghasted to see that it held my 86 kgs! So pretty sturdy then. I didn't wiggle on it though. I think the 100kg claim is really pushing it but I doubt if you'll ever put 100kgs of shoes on this thing although I know somebody who could. Definitely strong enough for kids to sit on.

I've actually put this in my bedroom after it being all over the place. As the other reviewer Cycleracing has said in their spot on review - you could actually use this in a bathroom, in the conservatory as a newspaper/magazines/book rack and I was even toying with the idea of putting potted pants on it in the garden! A few red gerainiums would look great on the top of this.

Really like this one. Love the Bamboo, love the finish, easy to construct, lightweight but sturdy once built and a multitude of uses. Recommended.

Pot Of Dreams - Holiday Fund
Pot Of Dreams - Holiday Fund
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Mexico - Cuba - Barbados - Llandudno . . ., 20 Jun. 2016
Take your pick!

This is a cracking little ceramic money saving pot. . .

We've got it to to save for a holiday next year 2017. It's a decent size in the hand and the blurb says it will hold a grand in two pound coins.

There's no way to open this other than taking a hammer to it to break it open which means nobody can sneak the odd few quid out on the sly! We all know who you are!

It's a lovely little thing with a nice holiday scene painted all around it and just sits on a table in the kitchen. I will upload a pic of the pot when it's been cracked open to reveal the contents next year.

Fun savings idea, recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20