Profile for KM > Reviews

Content by KM
Top Reviewer Ranking: 3
Helpful Votes: 12053

KM (Liverpool)
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Curver 40 Litre Metal Effect One Touch Deco Bin, Silver
Curver 40 Litre Metal Effect One Touch Deco Bin, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bin - 5 year manufacturers guarantee!!, 27 Aug. 2015
After much internet perusal for a cheap yet functional silver kitchen bin that could take a bit of stick from the kids I thought I'd give this one a go after reading all the customer reviews - at this time of writing there's 369 4 and 5 star reviews out of 430 which isn't bad at all.

So thank you everyone!

This reviewing lark does work! :)

I have bin through (groan) loads of bins over the years and have paid a fortune for fancy looking ones and a lot less for bins that were better than the all singing and dancing ones. This one looks expensive . . .but it isn't!

The bin arrived well packaged and protected in a nice big box. I have uploaded a few photos to show the bin - lid mechanism - bag holder - with a bag in.

No need to put anything together as it comes as one piece and it's dead easy to replace the bin bags inside.

It's all plastic but well made and lightweight

- measuring 26 inches high and 11 inches wide at the base
- with the lid open it measures 35.5 inches high
- It's flat at the back so will fit flush against a wall

The design for holding your bin bags in place is spot on and very simple to use. The bin has a 40 litre capacity and has a touch control lid.

That's it!

In use it's brilliant in my experience. The bin bags are held in place really well by the removeable plastic inner ring. I use 50 litre bags so there is a bit of overhang which is not a problem for me - I could tuck it all in neatly if I wanted to of course.

The touch lid works very well - just a light press and it smoothly opens in a few seconds. Just a light press down and click and it's shut and the opening is well enough to put your rubbish - bits of food waste - tea bags - coffee filter papers etc into.

My kids like to 'ram' the kitchen bin solid with rubbish rather than empty it and replace the bag and leave it to me to fight to get the bag out! But they have been emptying this one as it is a clean and easy operation down to the bag being held in place well by the inner ring. It just makes life that little bit easier!

It's easy to wipe clean too!

If anybody asked me to recommend a kitchen bin I wouldn't hesitate in mentioning this one. A great buy in my opinion.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crenova® XPE300 BL-18 Eye Protection 60 Lux LED Portable Mini Projector Multimedia HDMI USB SD AV VGA for PC Laptop Mac Home Cinema Theater LCD + Remote Control - White
Offered by Crenova

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mini projector for movies and slideshows, 26 Aug. 2015
I was very kindly sent this projector - BL18 - 60 lumens in the gold colour - by the seller for review purposes. I have been using this for just over one month now.

I have uploaded a few photographs to show the projector and connections.

What's in the box?

- The projector - 5 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches - very lightweight - connections HDMI - USB - VGA - SD card - 3.5mm headphone socket - 60 Lumens - adjustable focus lens - three small rubber feet on the bottom
- UK 3 pin power cable - 43 inches long (quite short)
- IR remote control with battery installed - the IR sensor is on the back of the projector
- Instruction booklet

The projector is made entirely from plastic with a glossy gold finish. All the connections are at the sides and the back and on top you have the power on/off - menu - functions buttons.

The remote is fully functioning with everything you could need (see photo)

In use. . .taking into consideration it's pricepoint as I write at under forty five quid . . .

Dead easy to set up although the standard tripod thread underneath this projector was a very tight fit on a few of my tripods at home - I did find one to fit it though. You could just find something to stand it on of course.

At switch on it is a tad noisy but for home use - acceptable enough.

After a few minutes of playing about with the distance from projected image I found the closest you can place this from the screen/wall/white surface is around 1 meter or 3 feet giving a picture size of around 30 inches. Optimum distance (for me) was around 1.5 meters or 5 feet. At 1.5 meters you get a picture of around 1.2 meters corner to corner. You can move this further back to give a larger image but you will lose definition brightness to an increasing extent the further you move away.

It's a case of just trying it out to suit what's best for you!

In regards to image quality - perfectly acceptable for movies - photographs - watching youtube videos etc. But for reading text I would look for a higher resolution projector as text is definitely pixelated here and basically unreadable.

All the remote functions work well and the speakers are adequate for home use but you can attach an external speaker via the 3,5mm headphone socket if you wish.

This is a decent home projector for watching movies and looking at photographs/slideshows on via streaming from the internet - SD card - USB flash drive. It is only 60 lumens so you do need a darkened room to view this in. In my opinion it's not for reading text and image viewing only.

Decent little speaker for the price!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vida IT W3 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Headphones with aptX® for LG G3 G2 Nexus 5 G Flex2 G4 Mobile Phone Smartphone Tablet PC Laptop - Superior Sound Quality - Over Ear Design (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars First class headphones at an affordable price, 26 Aug. 2015
I was very kindly sent the Vida IT W3 Bluetooth 4.0+ CSR and APT X headphones by Vida IT for review purposes. I have been using them for around 14 days now and have been very pleasantly surprised!

In the box -

- The W3's in black - CSR plus APT X enabled - Li Polymer battery - 2 hr charge gives 10 hours of play
- 3.5mm aux cable
- USB charging cable
- Instruction manual

The headphones -

The build quality is very good. There is very little weight to these phones as they are predominately made from a robust plastic which is coated to make them scuff/scratch resistant in general use. The driver housings are top quality tough plastic and ear cups soft leather and well padded out and clearly marked left/right. The headband is comfortable and silicone coated on the inside with a matt black outer finish and fully adjustable to fit any head, even mine! The ear cups have some tilt to them which provides a comfortable fit.

For me there are no weak points on these phones as everything feels and looks well designed and built.

All the controls are on the right ear cuff. They're all capacitive/touch sensitive too, nice touch. You have the power on/off - next track - vol up - prev track - vol down and a LED indication light. The mini usb charging port is on the right cuff and a 3.5mm aux port. There is a built in mic as these headphones can also take phone calls.

In use -

After a 2 hr charge I linked them up to my samsung galaxy note 4 which is loaded with music/audio. They came up as 'VidaW3-headphones' on my Bluetooth search and connection was instant. If the battery runs low you will hear an intermittent beep to warn you to put them on charge.

The important bit - how they sound! The statement I always make regarding audio reviews. . .I do not claim to be an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination but. . .as a poor visioned spectacles wearer my hearing is has become enhanced to bat like like capability and I know a good quality sound when I hear it. But sound is a personal thing isn't it? We all hear audio differently.This is my take on the W3's. . .

How do they sound? Absolutely brilliant for an inexpensive set of headphones. These phones cover any and every genre of music. I used my Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Notebook to listen to my music/audio through.

Definitely use a high quality digital audio or cd quality for these none of this compressed rubbish.

The Bee Gees greatest hits - Nights on broadway at 3.44 when the vocals become layered to hell and back - amazing to me. I could pick out every layer. The harmonies on How Deep is Your Love were a delight to listen to.

Pink Martini's Hey Eugene with around ten different instruments on the go. They can all be picked out due to the very good clarity of these phones.

Knights of Cydonia by Muse - So much going on in each ear. I felt like I was listening to it for the first time!

Metallica - Enter the Sandman. The punchy bass was spot on throughout. Vocals crystal clear and not muffled by too much bass.

Movies via your pc or smart tv - stick these on and prepare for a treat. The opening scene from Saving Private Ryan was awesome.

and finally (because I could go on forever!) Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance march No1 which I love, nearly brought me to my feet flag waving!

The spoken word/audio books are brought to life through these too. I have a few audio books and these bring the stories to life picking up on all the faint atmospheric background effects very well.

They are Apt x enabled which means they can stream more audio data and give a cd quality listening experience.

Highs, middles, bass response, vocals - these headphones deliver the lot in my experience. Absolute winner! Very nice build, great all round sound for any genre and a good punchy base. The noise cancellation when listening to these phones is excellent. Taking telephone calls works well through these too. Absolutely no problem at all.

I can't praise them enough at this price point. If you're looking to buy some reasonably priced headphones that give great audio you cannot go wrong. I have tried a few Vida IT products out in the last year and they appear to be serious about what they do - creating great products.

Definitely recommended
Comment Comment | Permalink

New Vida IT V007 Patented Design Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard For Samsung - Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 - Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 WiFi - Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE Tablet PC - With Integrated Stand - Carry Case - Rechargeable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bluetooth keyboard, 26 Aug. 2015
This fully functioning medium sized Bluetooth keyboard is stated in the product page for use with a number of devices but being a Bluetooth item it can definitely be used on any Bluetooth enabled device where you can use a keyboard.

In the box you get

- The Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard - 10.25 x 5.5 inches - 280mAh Li battery - 2 hr charge time - 90 hrs use - 200 days! standby
- USB to micro USB charging cable
- Soft carry pouch
- Instruction booklet

Note - I'll have to get back to you on the 200 days! standby time.

The keyboard is made from tough plastic with an aluminium base and looks very neat and tidy in design. The build quality is first class in my opinion with a solid yet lightweight feel to it. The keyboard itself is the island type so each key is separated from the other and this helps in keeping it clean and stops crumbs/bits of rubbish from falling down into the workings! No more holding your keyboard upside down and bashing the hell out of it!

In use -

To link the keyboard up to your device/tablet you turn it on and press the 'connect' button, search for it in your Bluetooth scan on your device. It will come up as 'Bluetooth Keyboard' and you're in!

This is a really nice keyboard and feels naturally comfortable to type on using proper tough feeling plastic keys not some touch sensitive effort. There's something about feeling the key spring back up as it's depressed isn't there? The keyboard is an island type too. So each key has it's own space around it which makes it easier to type on at speed. In use the keys are very responsive indeed so if you're a fast typist (which I am not) this will match you for speed.

This is your usual keyboard but with the 'fn' commands on 'some' of the keys. You can control your music, videos, lock screen etc. . . .

Underneath there's a charging indicator light and a 'connect' switch to turn on the Bluetooth. One little gripe of mine and this is common on a lot of Bluetooth keyboards - there is no caps lock notification light. I've come across a few Bluetooth keyboards without this and find it annoying whilst typing as sometimes yOU doN't knoW if the tHing is on or NOT! GrrrR :)

The section that your device clicks into is pretty clever. Two tough plastic struts can be 'popped' out of the keyboard for your device to lean on at an angle as a laptop screen would. These can be popped back inside the keyboard when not in use.

My only other little gripe (and it is little) is that the angle of the tablet can only be set to a maximum of around 110 degrees. It's actually roughly 'about' what I would have it set at anyway but this is the furthest back it will go.

A great little well built Bluetooth keyboard and don't forget it can be used on any device with a keyboard that it can connect to!

This was kindly provided to me by the manufacturer to test and review.

Recommended.

Vida IT vBud Bluetooth Speaker For Alcatel One Touch Tab 7 TABLET PC - Connect Wireless or with Audio Cable - Stereo Music and Phone Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 26 Aug. 2015
The Vida IT Bluetooth speaker enables you to play your music and audio from your Bluetooth enabled devices wirelessly.

It came very well presented and in the box I found the

- Speaker - 3 WATTS - 400 mAh battery -12 hours playtime
- USB to Micro USB charging cable
- 3.5mm jack to jack cable
- Non slip rubber mat for it to sit on!

This is a little beast of a speaker!

Build quality is spot on as it is made from brushed aluminium with a metal speaker grille. It has around the base the on/off power switch > 3,5mm aux port > mic hole > telephone answer or decline button.

I charged it up for around 4 hours then give it a go using my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 loaded with loads of different genres of music. I turned the device on via the on/off switch and an LED light at the bottom flashed to indicate it was on. I searched for any Bluetooth devices and easily found the speaker, was paired up in no time. Found my music and was away!

I cannot believe how good the sound is from this speaker. It is amazing and I'm not overstating the fact! It is.

The bass is very good indeed for its size! The sound overall is also very good, to my ears anyway. For it's size it certainly pumps some power out at 3watts. I played some Motown Punk, Jazz, Pop, Classical. Old school electro, heavy metal and every man and his dog through it! I was impressed on every track!

Also. . .you can take a call from your phone via this device if it's playing music at the time as there is a mic at the bottom and obviously the speaker acts as the speaker! Great stuff.

If you're into heavy bass and Dubstep then this is for you. If you're into anything else then this is also for you! If you use the Tune In radio app on your smartphone which I do a lot then this is perfect for playing that through.

This device was kindly provided for me to test and review by the distributor.

Definitely recommended.

Aubina® Professional Deluxe Double Oven Glove Black Heavy Duty Heat Resistant Gloves, 100% Cotton, Extra Thick, Oversized
Offered by Ideal Textiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and useful oven gloves - I like them a lot!, 20 Aug. 2015
I was kindly sent this oven glove by the seller for review purposes and have been using it for over one month now.

As a mad keen home cook I was happy to give this one a go! I'll be honest - I'm not an oven glove fella - I always use one or two good quality linen tea towels to move hot stuff around the stove/kitchen. Bt thought I'd have a go at this one as I'm not a big fan of the newer silicone oven gloves at all - although they do work.

I like the traditional look of this one plus it;s a double glove with the connected mid piece.

The manufacturing quality of this is spot on - really well made and very comfortable on and in use.

Does it work? Yes it does and very well indeed. I use a lot of cast iron - ceramic ovenware which gets red hot and I am very careful when handling this stuff as just one touch and youre scalded in an instant!

I found these gloves handled it all rather well. No heat transfer to worry about at all. Yes they do 'get warm' but that's expected when handling the likes of Le Creuset - ceramic - cast iron cookwares. They were a tad stiff-ash but have softened up a bit and will do more so over time I expect. They are nice and soft inside and tough on the outside. I can see they will last for years in day to day use. They can be wiped over - spot cleaned which will just prolong their life further.

I like these gloves a lot and will continue to use them - along with my tea towels of course!

Highly recommended
Comment Comment | Permalink

RADDAR7 Mens Designer Graphic Metallic Print Tees Cool Printed T Shirts with UNIVERSE Graffiti Design Tee Shirt Cotton Fashion Tops
Offered by RADDAR7
Price: £30.00 - £35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great designer looking T shirt., 20 Aug. 2015
I was kindly sent this t shirt for review.

I ordered a size XL for my son. He's 17 years old and about 5' 8" tall and broad. So I've got him a extra large and it fits perfect!

The tee is good quality and all the seams - neckline - sleeves are finished to a high standard. It definitely has a designer look and feel to it.

It looks nice, the black colour is rich and the image on the front is done in a metallic silver and finishes it off really well. He loves it and says it's comfortable on. It does look great with black jeans and smart shoes or trainers for a casual look. I have washed it once to date at 30 degrees inside out and it was line dried. All good and no problems.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Zettaly Avy Portable Bluetooth 4.0 HiFi Smart Speaker (White), WiFi Internet Radio Powered By Android 4.4 Kitkat with Built-in 7 Inch Quad Core Tablet and Google Play
Offered by Zettaly Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars A massive thumbs up for this one! Brilliant smart speaker., 20 Aug. 2015
I was very kindly sent this smart speaker by the seller for review. I have been using it for just over one week to date.

I have never seen one of these of before and was intrigued to see what this smart speaker was all about.

I have uploaded a few pics to show how it looks - screen quality/colours - apps - connections.

What is it?

Basically It's a Bluetooth speaker intergrated with an android Kit Kat 4.4 tablet. You can now listen to internet radio straight through the speakers or watch movies with great audio. It's basically an all in one portable entertainment centre. If you have ever used or are familiar with the android system/mobile phones then you know how to work this smart speaker already!

What do you get in the box?

- The smart speaker - 2 x 5 watts - 2000mAh battery - 2,5 hrs charge time - Bluetooth 4.0 - the tablet aspect. . .7 inch screen - 8Gb internal storage expandable to 32Gb with a micro sd card - 1GB ram - 1.3Ghz quad core processor - front facing VGA camera - android kitkat 4.4 - download apps - surf the net as you would on any tablet
- Power cable with UK - US - European plugs
- USB to Micro usb cable
- IR remote control - standby on/off - vol up/down/mute - play/pause - Bluetooth on/off - return - access settings
- Instruction manual - has a one year warranty card at the back

The power cable with universal plug attachments is very well done in my opinion. This works really well. The User manual is very well written, clear and concise. The remote is spot on and works well.

The smart speaker is very well manufactured from a robust gloss white plastic. The speakers are housed behind a metal grille and the screen is plastic but reacts very well to multitouch anywhere on the screen.

There's loads of connectivity at the back . full size HDMI - micro usb port - Micro sd slot - 3.5mm socket - charging socket.

On top there's three buttons - power on and off - plus and minus.

One word - brilliant!

This is a great idea - attach some great speakers to a tablet. Now you don't have to link your tablet up to a bluetooth speaker to get some decent audio - it's all in one here!

The speaker - produces a good sound. Nice crisp and clear music and speech. A little on the bass side but perfectly acceptable. I have tried a lot of music through this and at 10watts it's more than loud enough for any room. All genres sound good from 60's to hip hop. Stream some movies through this and you now have a good set of speakers that can deliver all the sound effects and music scores as they should be heard. No tinny sounding rubbish here.

The tablet - Great! Works really well. Once I'd connected to my wifi and synced with my Google account all my favourite apps and email accounts popped up and were ready to use within 5 mins. The 7 inch screen is bright and produces a really clear image, you can easily enjoy movies on this. I have downloaded apps including a few games and radio/music/video apps - surfed the net using Chrome - used Google Drive to look at my uploaded photographs and much more.

Where I think this comes into it's own is as a music - radio - movies system. Download the TuneIn radio app and you now have thousands of worldwide radio stations - podcasts - live concerts at your fingertips. You can also stream movies from the likes of Amazon - Netflix - other internet sites with no issues at all and watch all your favourite YouTube content, BBC iPlayer etc. . . .

I now have this in my bedroom as it looks good and provides all my radio needs.

As another reviewer has said - sometimes something comes along that really surprises you at how well it's done. This is one of those products. I can only highly recommend this one. I love it!
Comment Comment | Permalink

New V7 Sports Bluetooth Earphones Headset 4.0 with aptX® For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Galaxy Grand I9082 Galaxy E7 Mobile Phone Smartphone Tablet PC with HD Voice

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bluetooth headphones, 13 Aug. 2015
I have reviewed a few Vida IT products and they always turn a well built quality product out. These earphones are no exception.

With the Vida IT V7 Bluetooth headphones you can connect these wirelessly via Bluetooth 4.1+CSR and aptX capability to any audio device with Bluetooth capability to enable you to listen to your music/audio books/podcasts. They also house a microphone so you can make/answer hands free calls.

In the box you get -

- The rechargeable headphones in black and lime green
- Micro USB charging cable
- Ear- buds in sizes small - medium - large
- Ear hooks in sizes Small - medium - large
- Instruction manual (which is tiny enough to need a magnifying glass to read)

The headphones are made from plastic are very lightweight and the flat profile wire connecting the two earphones is unobtrusive. They feel and look quite well made. On the right side phone you have all the functions -

- Power on/off
- Vol + also next track for music
- Vol - also prev track for music
- Mic
- LED light

The micro USB charging port can be found under a silicone seal on the left earphone.

In use -

I charged them up for around 2 hours and got 5 hours of playtime from them. Bluetooth connection is easy and they come up on your devices as 'VidaIT-v7'

Music audio through these is very good. It's certainly enjoyable and more than acceptable for the price-point. Spoken audio such as radio or audio books is spot on for me. I use the tune In radio app a lot from my phone and these are spot on for that. Volume is good and they do go loud if that's your thing. 80's electro, heavy metal, some classical and Vanilla Fudge's 'You keep me hanging on' sounded really good though these. I'd say they lean towards the bass end of things but provide clear mids and highs too.

You can take a phone call through these phones as they will just act as a Bluetooth headset would. They are pretty good for this use and work well. Comfort-wise a few hours of wearing was okay and they do cancel external noise out really well for me.

A good set of earphones at a decent price, perfect for throwing in the rucksack, bag, car. If you're making your first Bluetooth headphone purchase or need a spare set these are good to go in my opinion.

I was kindly sent these earphones by the distributor for review

Recommended

Cuesoul Archer 23 Grams Steel Tip Darts -- Black Coating Brass Barrels ARCH-F1201
Offered by CUESOUL

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone fancy a game of darts?, 13 Aug. 2015
I was kindly sent these darts for review by Cuesoul.

Love a game of darts here and we've had a board set up in the house for years now. I tend to like a heavier dart and do use 26g ones.

What do you get here?

- The darts - brass barrels - steel tips - 6 x metal shafts - 6 x metallic strong flights - plastic hinged case

These are the 23g darts so a bit lighter than I would usually go for. They are steel tipped with brass barrels. The barrels have been nicely diamond cut to aid grip. The fitted shafts are very nice to look at and well engineered. They look like they've been cut to spin true and straight just below the flights. The two sets of flights are good quality and pretty strong.

They look the part finished in black and brass. The flights are very well made and feel solid once in the shaft. The barrels are top notch and the whole thing feels great to throw. The case isn;t that good and won't shut properly but that isn't an issue for me as I've got a few leather darts cases.

These darts seem to go where you want them too most of the time. When I miss you see, its not me its the dart! They're comfortable to throw and provide a nice balanced grip with a good release. A bit light for me personally but these are a very nice set of darts.

I practice by -

- going around the clock 1 to 20 in order then
- 1 to 20 doubles
then
- 1 to 20 trebles
then
- double top, bull, double 3

A few sessions of each regularly should improve your darts!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20