Profile for Mr. M. A. Walton > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. A. Walton

Mr. M. A. Walton (Northern England)

Roughneck 65504 Wood Grenade Splitting Wedge
Roughneck 65504 Wood Grenade Splitting Wedge

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 14 May 2013
I am not an old man(late forties) but I do have a bad back and sometimes swinging a big log splitting axe is not sensible for me. The grenade is perfect for splitting, several hits rather than one big smash with the axe; from six inch diameter to big rounds. It does not split into four, but I knew that from reviews. Highly recommended!

England's Newest Hit Makers
England's Newest Hit Makers

5.0 out of 5 stars MODern Classic!, 5 Jan. 2012
I came to 60s music through the Mod scene. I love the Small Faces and numerous other bands, too many to mention; my ipod is full of music from the sixties. I always avoided the Stones because of who they are now; to be honest I have always told people in conversation that I don't like the Stones. The best thing about this CD for me is the fact that they did not write the songs. I have bought all their early stuff(90% covers) and it is fantastic. The energy and respect shines through. I wish I had found these gems earlier. I will not be buying their own material, it is not to my taste; however I will not be bad mouthing a great band in the future either!
Mick the Mod.

Soul Galore: 60s 70s And Northern Soul Classics
Soul Galore: 60s 70s And Northern Soul Classics
Offered by rbmbooks

4.0 out of 5 stars I am no expert, but......, 24 Mar. 2011
I am no expert, but the first disc is fantastic. I have had the CD for a couple of years and the whole family love it. It gives you a lift and makes you want to dance; too many great tracks to name them individually. I like old school RandB/Motown/Northern Soul, but tend to buy compilations; this is the best I have bought. Not 5 stars because I rarely play the second disc. Top value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2011 9:44 AM BST

Martyr: John Shakespeare 1
Martyr: John Shakespeare 1
by Rory Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, great value., 8 Dec. 2010
My wife and I both love good quality historical fiction. Shardlake is our favourite but this comes close. We will definately get the rest of the series.

Lord John And The Private Matter
Lord John And The Private Matter
by Diana Gabaldon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not CJ Sansom, beware!, 15 Sept. 2010
I have read 'Pillars' and the fantastic Shardlake novels. I was searching around for another writer of historical fiction and the reviews for this book seemed fine. This is not in the same league, it is very weak. Don't make the same mistake as me.

Ska Madness!
Ska Madness!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, 16 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Ska Madness! (Audio CD)
Like most people reading this review; I have most of these tracks on other collections. However it is a cracking CD and great value. Even the kids sing along in the car and don't complain!

Lost & Found - Real R&B And Soul
Lost & Found - Real R&B And Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars Music with real soul!, 16 Mar. 2010
I agree 100% with the first review. If the Mod/Northern Soul cap fits you, and it certainly fits me; then buy this collection. Great CD and good value!
Mick