ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

Quantum Mechanics, Fifth Edition
by Alastair I. M. Rae
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful adjunt to quantum library, 14 Jan 2014
As a novice it is very difficult to understand anything between simplistic presentations and complex maths. This book is the best I have found so far where I do not get rapidly lost.

Aves Air Handheld Digital Radio
Aves Air Handheld Digital Radio
Offered by eHome
Price: 35.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, 14 Oct 2013
My initial reaction to this product was that the display face was badly scratched and looked 2nd hand. I had looked for a protective film and could find none. A second supplier produced a similarly item in the same condition. Eventually, after much irritation, I Googled "product + scratched" and found that there IS a plastic film protector. However, it is invisible and very difficult to peel away. There are no instructions to warn of this. You need persistence and faith to tweek this off the display surface. Once away, it's a perfectly clean and undamaged screen. There needs to be a warning somewhere to convince buyers that it is there and they can get it off. Otherwise great.

Casio WVA-430TDE-1A2VER Men's Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled Watch
Casio WVA-430TDE-1A2VER Men's Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled Watch
Price: 116.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch - my third replacement., 8 Aug 2013
"My third" explains the 4 star rating. It is light (titanium), good looking, always has spot on accuracy and easy to flit across time zones (once you have sussed the sequence). Highly recommended APART from the absurd way Casio have used titanium coated plastic around the watch/strap interface. It eventually scuffs, shows the plastic and is prone to (eventually) break. I would rather pay a few pounds more for a better construction. BUT, then, a replacement every 6 years works out at 15 a year for a superb timekeeper..

My Samsung Galaxy S III (My...)
My Samsung Galaxy S III (My...)
Price: 7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 1 Jun 2013
I toyed with spending lots for a Galaxy 4 but the advantages I would get would be minimal - I think. It does all I want of it and the screen is great - hi enough def for small print (which is what I use a lost).

Readiris Pro 14 for Windows (PC)
Readiris Pro 14 for Windows (PC)
Offered by The Tech Lodge
Price: 46.27

4.0 out of 5 stars ReadIris, 2 Oct 2012
4 star ONLY because I have not fully explored its capabilities. Does everything the older version did and better. No criticisms.

Lexmark C540N Network Colour Laser Printer
Lexmark C540N Network Colour Laser Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge running costs so far, 26 Jun 2011
I am pleased with the printer function and quality of output BUT - so far - the running costs have been huge. I read somewhere that continually switching the machine on and off dumps toner into the waste bin. I have now left the machine permanently powered up (said to be 18 watts in "sleep" mode). I will watch this and see if the toner use approaches anything like the stated 2 to 2.5 thousand printed sheets per cartridge. Even at these output levels it would cost (average colour page) 8 pence per sheet without paying for the printer and without replacing other expendables.

The print quality is good and it is a delight to have something where the "ink" does not run when it wets. Printed word with this machine is far more precise than inkjet printing.

BUT the toner costs at this rate of use have been frightening !!! So far this is beginning to look prohibitive and I might be tempted to ditch it.

Has anyone else found this?

And why does Lexmark not give us tips on how to maximise efficient use? The cruel conclusion would be to suggest that they have a vested interest in not telling us.

PS - I have just totted up the cartridge use and it comes to 22.1 pence per page over the life of my printer (3840 pages). I mostly print medical/biological papers - so it's not graphics rich printing.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 12:33 PM GMT