Profile for RCW > Reviews

Dog Stake and Cable Tie
Dog Stake and Cable Tie
Offered by TaperGrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for our dog, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Dog Stake and Cable Tie (Misc.)
Restrains our 30kg lunatic greyhound staffie cross so is definitely up to the job! Well, for medium weight leggy beasts anyway :)
The cable is long enough to give him a bit of choice on where he lays about and is definitely chew proof as he's tried it and failed! The first time I took him to visit a friend he'd chewed through his long lead and came and joined us in the house in about 4minutes - hence buying this!

Figure eight 8 soft dog halter head-collar and lead in one 3/4" softex (Royal)
Figure eight 8 soft dog halter head-collar and lead in one 3/4" softex (Royal)
Offered by Killay Pets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for those dogs who just NEED to be another meter in front!, 18 July 2014
This works a treat. Our rescue Staffie cross greyhound was a nightmare on the lead when we first got him, presumably because a) everything was very new and exciting b) he had been a stray and didn't know any better! He also happens to have legs of a racing dog combined with the muscles of a Staffie so I ended up having to tie his ordinary lead around my waist to stop my arms getting pulled out the sockets.
I saw this halter and decided to give it a go and it worked straight away. I used it in combination with his normal lead (which attaches to his chest harness) and as soon as he tried to pull down came his head. Obviously he would try and take it off his face but rarely managed - generally he only got as far as pulling the first loop over the end of his nose.
He didn't need it for long, after a couple of weeks I just had to carry it with me and if he started pulling he just got asked if wanted to wear the blue lead - he soon learnt what that meant! :D
He seemed to be comfortable in it (apart from the obvious lack of being able to run off!) and it didn't rub or leave any marks - he has a very fine, lightweight coat so I think if it had rubbed it would've been noticeable.
Recommended

IP44 Outdoor PIR 180 Degree Security Motion Sensor Detector - White
IP44 Outdoor PIR 180 Degree Security Motion Sensor Detector - White
Offered by Manchester LED

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should!, 18 July 2014
Works as it should :) 6 months on
I mounted mine "vertically" (I.e. attached to the underside of the porch roof and pointing downwards) as our door is on the side of the house and we share a double driveway with the neighbour. Essentially I wanted it to operate the light if it was being approached from the front or the back of our house but not when our neighbour was walking by. That's the reason I picked a 180 degree sensor, not for the full left to full right but horizontal forward - ground - horizontal rearward.
And it works!

Deva KITS08 Period Style Rigid Riser Kit with Chrome Finish
Deva KITS08 Period Style Rigid Riser Kit with Chrome Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely traditional style fixed shower head, 18 July 2014
Looks really nice and does what it should :)

Funky Festival Ladies Zip Back Look Orange Wellies Size 5
Funky Festival Ladies Zip Back Look Orange Wellies Size 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky boots - not quite as orange as in the piccy., 15 July 2014
Bought for fancy dress - the only wellies I could find in orange. The diamanté down the back wasn't really appropriate for my costume but it does add a bit of fun! Not quite bright orange (more like the couloir of a faded space hopper if that helps!) XD
On the smaller side of a 5 and Tight round the calves so if you are more a 5.5 than a 5 or you have big calves then I suggest you try a 6 (I just sliced a triangle out the inside edge to let my circulation flow as I wasn't that bothered about presentation)

Trixie 24762 Food and Water Dispenser Assorted Colours 1.5 L
Trixie 24762 Food and Water Dispenser Assorted Colours 1.5 L

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bowl, 15 July 2014
Excellent water dish, we've had ours for most of a year now and it still works as it did at the start and has rarely be spilt. I was concerned that our boisterous Greyhound/Staffie cross would knock this over due to its relative height but its really stable. He's occasionally scythed it over with his lead when he's been staked out when camping/visiting places but the key there is to put it a full stretch of his lead so he can't. :) Generally speaking, even when he does manage to knock it over, it tends to stay in one piece and retains some of the water so it's not a total disaster.

I've not tried it for food.

BLACK. NEW PLAIN COLOURED PRE-TIED BOW TIES. 10 COLOURS AVAILABLE. WEDDING, FASHION
Offered by Robelli Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bow tie, 15 July 2014
Does was it says!

5-Piece Boys Black & Silver Tail Suit
5-Piece Boys Black & Silver Tail Suit
Offered by Cavanagh Couture Bridal Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart for the money, 15 July 2014
Was actually bought as part of a fancy dress costume (Nicknack from James Bond) but is a really smart three piece suit. It's a little baggy and a touch long on our 13 year old - he's of average height for his age and he is of slim build so it would fit a bigger built 13 year old too. If we'd got it for a smart event we may have considered trying the age 12 to see if that would have been a closer fit but I'm not sure how much difference there is between the sizings.
Certainly would be suitable for weddings and other smart events. It's relatively lightweight material so at least he wasn't baking in the summer heat.

1100 x 760mm Designer Sliding Glass Door Shower Enclosure with Acrylic Tray Set
1100 x 760mm Designer Sliding Glass Door Shower Enclosure with Acrylic Tray Set
Offered by A&R Bathrooms & Ceramics

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality, looks great, 3 May 2014
Like both the tray and the door. The tray is smart and sleek, the door runs beautifully and looks great. The door is quite time consuming and fiddly to fit but does fit and adjust really well to awkward angled walls (in my case between a brick wall in an Edwardian terrace house and a stud wall that I built...) and once its fitted you'll know it was worth the effort.

Mombasa
Mombasa

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic of course :), 3 May 2014
This review is from: Mombasa (MP3 Download)
These guys are on a roll with yet another spectacular cello twist. Slightly more "studio" than some of their other work (they excel at live performances) but gob smacking lay good all the same :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5