Profile for ceejaysteady > Reviews

Content by ceejaysteady

ceejaysteady

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Mini CREE Led Flashlight, 17 April 2014
I cannot rate this torch as anything other than zero (if possible) because it arrived damaged in transit and would not operate. The second one ordered at the same time was OK so you get what you pay for! I won't buy another and the cost and effort in returning it (to Hong Kong) is not worth it. Will write it off to experience.

Chillblast Fusion Home and Office PC -  System Only (Intel Core i5 2500K 4.0GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon HD6670, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chillblast Home and Office PC, 18 July 2012
My existing PC was causing problems and having had it rebuilt I checked around for an alternative. Chillblast came highly recommended as a manufacturer of PCs by specialist magazines - PC Pro for one - so felt it would be a good buy.

I needed to replace my PC urgently and Amazon delivery performed as exceptionally well as it can - within 24 hours for delivery on Prime which is impressive.

The PC I bought is (apparently - because I asked them) specifically built by Chillblast for sale on Amazon and does not appear on their web site. However the specification seemed fine - and when I got it, a friend in the PC repair business who had been helping with repairs my earlier model said that it was a very good specn for the price and extremely well put together. It has certainly proved so and having used it for 3 months or so, it has thus far given excellent performance.

I am of middling ability when it comes to PCs / laptops and primarily use this PC for Home / Office applications and emails. There is little gaming or video use so I cannot speak as to its abilities there but the signs are good so far.Chillblast Fusion Home and Office PC - System Only (Intel Core i5 2500K 4.0GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon HD6670, Windows 7 Home Premium)

Canon CLI8 / PGI5 WITH CHIP - Multipack x2 Sets of 5 Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MP500, MP530, MP600, MP600R, MP610, MP800, MP800R, MP810, MP830, iP4200, iP4300, iP4500, iP5200, iP5200R, iP5300, Printer Inks (Contains: 2x CLI-8C, 2x CLI-8Y, 2x CLI-8M, 2x CLI-8B, 2x PGI-5BK) Latest Chip Installed, Ready For Use, No Fuss!
Offered by First Call Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - and competitively priced - inks, 7 Sep 2010
Like a number of other contributors, I was sceptical at first about ordering and then using a set of compatible inks from First Call Inks. How could anything priced as competitively as this perform as one would expect the alternative Canon inks (at several times the price)to do? After 3 weeks useage of these inks, my first but clear impression is that in terms of colour quality, clarity and apparent fastness of print, I cannot tell the difference between these and the "official" inks. In fact I have ordered a further 2 full sets and will happily continue to do so as and when required. Again on first impressions, these inks seem likely to last every bit as long as the Canon inks which I previously used - and which cost at least 3 (and more) times as much.