Profile for The Tent > Reviews

One Minute Meditation
One Minute Meditation
by Simon Parke

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Parke with support, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: One Minute Meditation (Paperback)
It had been seven hours and fifteen days that I had been waiting for my opportunity to spend some quality time reading through Simon Parke’s latest book. I had started reading one (or two) meditations a day (as the introduction recommended), but I had become slightly impatient, and wanted to make more progress. The good news was that I had a planned train journey coming up, which represented a perfect opportunity to imbibe some of Simon Parke’s short - but deep - meditations. However - disaster struck. In the week before the train journey I purchased a Best of Sinead O’Connor CD. Now I had 2 items that were attempting to claim my available time. But I has a solution ! I would listen to the CD while reading Simon’s book - a perfect solution I thought. How wrong I was – my solution fell into the “Do not try this at home category”. My ears and eyes were in complete conflict. While Simon’s words spoke about calmness, stillness, and hard-earned wisdom, Sinead countered with pent-up fury. I was soon exhausted, wishing I had followed the advice in the introduction, and not allowed meditation to become a foreign language. On the positive side - if I had to pick one phrase to remember from that troubling train journey, it would surely be Simon’s unwritten motif – “Nothing compares to you”.

Invero® 3 Button USB Wheel Mouse with Smooth Rubber Rim, Rubber Scroll and LED Light - Simple Plug & Play NO Batteries Required, Supports All Windows and Mac OS Systems (Light Blue)
Offered by Invero

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, great colour, great price, 6 Feb 2014
Using this mouse with my new Macbook Air. Very happy - worked straight out of the box. Very good price.

Pure HQ OFC Shielded 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Cable Gold 2m
Pure HQ OFC Shielded 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Cable Gold 2m
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 29 Dec 2013
So much better than other similar purchases. Works perfectly for connecting iPad to Audio In on stereo- seems sturdy. Happy

Generation A
Generation A
by Douglas Coupland

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not Girlfriend, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: Generation A (Paperback)
I'm 3/4 of the way through and enjoying it. Still not back to "Girlfriend in a Coma" level, but better than JPod and Gum Thief.