Profile for melee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
3M 9332+ Flat Fold Particulate Respirator - White
3M 9332+ Flat Fold Particulate Respirator - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, 12 Feb. 2016
I am not sure how to rate the product as I am only quoting what my son informed me as I purchased four of these for him for a three week overseas trip where air pollution is a real problem. This was our first experience of trying to buy a mask and we had no idea where to start. I did extensive research to find out what mask to buy and reading local reviews from travellers on their experiences. This mask was quoted as one of the best so I opted to get them. I also went into the 3M website where one can download the '3M Disposable Respirators Range Brochure' and it gives one guidance on the respirator to get. He was visiting two highly polluted cities rated at times very unhealthy, one of which had temperatures around minus 25 degrees centigrade. At times visibility was pretty poor but he felt the mask helped if anything for peace of mind about the air he was breathing in. The mask can be adjusted to fit the face and seemed more practical than other brands where you have to measure your face size and seemed complicated. I have given it four stars on the basis that he told me that he had no problems with them, they are foldable which made travelling around and in and out of buildings easy to put on or off and fitted well in a coat pocket. Reading reviews from expats living amidst the pollution, this mask was also rated highly for daily use.

Homecraft Pattern Folding Coloured Height Adjustable Walking Stick - 29-33 Inches, Wild Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value attractive and sturdy stick, 12 Feb. 2016
I bought this as a spare to match an identical one which I acquired a while ago should I require two sticks to help with my walking outside the home. I bought my first stick from a shop selling mobility products and it was a lot more expensive. The stick is light and attractive and most importantly sturdy. Unlike some sticks, this comes with a wrist attachment which is handy. It is height adjustable and folds and can be stored easily when travelling. My balance is not good and I use the stick daily when out. I have used my first stick for over three years and I expect these sticks will be long lasting.

Waterproof Ladies Satin Sleeve Arm Protector - Assorted Colours - Buy 1 Pair Get 1 FREE!

3.0 out of 5 stars So I am fairly satisfied with them for the price, 25 Sept. 2015
I use these for washing up and they are not entirely waterproof but they are ok with just splashes. I always use rubber gloves which cover the lower part of them and they protect the ends of these arm protectors. The edges fray and you get loose threads all the time even if you cut them off. I am not sure how long the protectors will last as the elastic will in time have no material left to be attached to. Having said that they have kept my sleeves mostly dry depending on how much contact they have with water. So I am fairly satisfied with them for the price. They are also not boring to look at.

Drive Medical WA009 Folding Walking Frame with Front Wheels
Drive Medical WA009 Folding Walking Frame with Front Wheels
Offered by Betterlife at LloydsPharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and sturdy frame, 26 May 2015
I bought this frame when I had to visit the physiotherapist over a few months recovering from a fractured ankle. I am also disabled and general mobility is a problem so balancing on crutches was not an option. This frame allowed me to be sufficiently independent to visit the physiotherapist on my own and it folds easily to fit in the car. Being foldable allowed me to take it on two overseas holidays. It remained sturdy throughout my trips and not cumbersome to store in a restaurant when eating out. It is also space saving to store at home.

Recently I bought one for my sister who has mobility issues. The frame allows her to walk slowly and has made her more independent indoors as well as outdoors over short distances.

The frame is height adjustable and the folding feature is a definite benefit.

Introducing World Religions
Introducing World Religions
by Victoria Kennick Urubshurow

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a course, 16 Feb. 2015
I can't give this a five or four star as am still going through the book. It was purchased for a course and although heavy going for me, The introduction and first few chapters had several words and terms unfamiliar to a beginner and I found myself 'stuck' and spending quite a bit of time exploring their meanings. It is structured learning and will hopefully provide a good basis to explore world religions.

Dodon't Forget and Save the Day Stickers from Dodo Pad: 320 Self-Adhesive Reminder Stickers in 14 Different Designs
by Naomi McBride

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and fun, 16 Feb. 2015
I have been a user of the Dodo pad and these stickers are fun to use. They stand out from my scrawls over an untidy diary.

IVSO Slim-Book Stand Cover Case for Linx 8 inch Tablet (Black)
IVSO Slim-Book Stand Cover Case for Linx 8 inch Tablet (Black)
Offered by X-FlashBox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and perfect fit, 16 Feb. 2015
I bought this for my son having recently purchased the Linx 8-inch. It fits perfectly.

Holy Land Olive Wood Hand Cross / Comfort Cross
Holy Land Olive Wood Hand Cross / Comfort Cross
Offered by Zuluf Holy Land Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars A comforting cross to hold in palm., 2 July 2014
This is my third purchase as a gift. A long time ago a friend gave me one which was brought back from the Holy Land. Two members of my family are very ill and I found that I could buy them on Amazon. I bought them one each and they both appreciated having them. Whilst in hospital, many who saw them at their bedsides wanted to know where to get them from. They are a good size for holding, not to small or too large.

Shewee Extreme - Nato Green
Shewee Extreme - Nato Green
Offered by Dales Distribution Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable using public toilets, 1 Jun. 2014
I fractured my ankle and bought the Shewee to assist me on a recent holiday. I thought it may be useful with my ankle still in an air cast walking boot. The Shewee was fantastic to use in the toilets on the aeroplane and while using public toilets. There was no requirement to look for a disabled toilet. Since my trip I use it in public toilets. It took a little practice to get it right at the beginning particularly if one is desperate.

Healed of Cancer
Healed of Cancer
by Dodie Osteen

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Healed of Cancer (Paperback)
I was told about this book by someone having stage 4 cancer. She has found this very inspirational having been given the book by a friend. I thought I would get it so that I could share her thoughts.The quotations from the many verses regarding healing from the Bible support the author's beliefs and add strength to her testimony. Here in one slim book are references on healing which may assist the reader on facing the fear of severe illness.

Page: 1 | 2