Profile for Mr A W > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

5.0 out of 5 stars great for hot drinks or cup noodles, and not much else... but does it need to be?, 10 Jun. 2016
250ml of hot water on demand, I use filtered water in it as you cant see the element so its likely gonna be trickier to descale than an average kettle so I would rather not have to do it as often, aside from that its excellent producing really hot water very quickly and no plastic taste that you sometimes get with kettles.
its easy to clean the drip tray as well
overall a well made piece of kit
the only downside i can see is the portion of water is not adjustable but there are other models that can provide this if you need it but they cost more.
also if you need larger quantities of hot water for cooking etc then obviously this isn't going to be much use to you

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan

4.0 out of 5 stars can be an excellent addition if you know how to use it, 10 Jun. 2016
it literally has instructions on how to season the pan printed on the back yet there are always people who don't understand that iron will rust its a fact and have no idea what seasoning a pan is or why you don't soak or scrub cast iron cookware, anyhow I hit mine up with a flap disc on a grinder (I don't recommend you do this, it is just what I chose to do) to get it smooth and reflective and its come along well so far I am happy enough with it especially for the price (I paid about £10)

Bolle PILOPSI Pilot Safety Goggle
Bolle PILOPSI Pilot Safety Goggle

2.0 out of 5 stars if it fits properly then its probably great, not that I can comment., 10 Jun. 2016
it looked like it was a major upgrade over my regular goggles but it dosen't fully seal on my face leaving a gap under my eyes where grinding dust etc could just go straight in i thought it was probably just me due to not being made for the shape of my face or somesuch but I have had 6 other people try them on so far and 5 of them had the same exact same problem so while these were significantly more comfortable than any other I have tried they are just as useless but in a different way.

the friend who they fitted well thought they were pretty good but they didn't fit anyone else properly so I cant give better than 3*
and trust me the small gap that is only about 2mm between my face and the seal is enough for high speed metal/other crap to get in your eyes which you do not want ask anyone who it has happened to or watch a few videos of the surgery required to remove foreign objects from an eyeball and you wont even risk it if you have even a shred of common sense.

Honeywell 1011623 Bionic Face Shield with Uncoated Polycarbonate Screen Clear Lens

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product and competitive price, 10 Jun. 2016
fits over my 3M respirator with dual filters and allows me to wear goggles at the same time but unfortunately I cannot wear my ear defenders (so I can only use ear plugs) with this mask as they wont fit over the head strap which incidentally is the only part of the face shield which I feel was a little poorly designed as the fit of the centre strap that goes over the top of the head is a bit odd but overall the protective coverage of this face shield is fantastic especially for the price which was about £20-£22 and the reason I chose this one over another I had considered was the availability of replacement visors for about £6-7 from amazon which is just brilliant
get the poly visor one if you are grinding or similar but get the acetate one if your playing with chemicals.

Bacardi Oakheart Rum 70 cl
Bacardi Oakheart Rum 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars probably the only good spirit Bacardi makes, 10 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Bacardi Oakheart Rum 70 cl (Wine)
this is excellent and possibly my favourite spiced rum, I was initially put off as I had tried some other Bacardi spirits which were dire and I thought this was one of the ones I had tried previously but I later saw the bottle of the one I had tried and realised this was different and due to the low price I figured I could afford to take a gamble and it payed off as this is so far become my favourite of the spiced rums despite being made by bacardi. (yes I know its technically another one of those spirit drinks because it cant legally be called a rum due to the percentages of alcohol being a bit on the stingy side)
I enjoy it with peach iced tea and lots of ice - its so good like this I had drunk a much larger quantity of it than I originally intended...
its so much better than some of the other cheap spiced rums - none of the really chemically flavours or aftertastes a few of them have in fact it was so good that I had to adjust some of my previous reviews to account for the level of quality you get from this drink at such an affordable price point
would I buy this again? as soon as the bottle I have runs dry.....

Micro USB Cable Rampow® Nylon Braided Charger Micro usb Cable 3.3ft / 1m [ 2-Pack ] - LIFETIME WARRANTY - Tangle-Free - Sync and Charge usb for Android Devices, Samsung Galaxy, Kindle, Sony, Nokia, Microsoft, HTC, Motorola, Nexus, Huawei, LG and More ( Space Grey)
Offered by Rampow

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly good considering..., 10 Jun. 2016
although the cable is rather thin it charges at full power so the wire quality and gauge inside must be sufficient to permit correct transmission of power, now i don't have any devices that measure the exact values of amperage I am basing my statement on a few things such as the devices I plug these into charge as fast or faster than with some cables from a few other manufacturers and my phone warns me if it is charging slowly (which it has done in the past depending on which cable I use as it is always from the same charger) but to my surprise (due to how thin the overall cable is) they have charged everything I have plugged them into rapidly
also worth of note is the micro-USB end connects solidly and is held in well, and the nylon braiding works well as the cable is easily untangled from the rest (as I have a 10 port charger with many cables in it and it can get messy but these cables are easily untangled by comparison to most of the rest

Yato professional T handle socket adaptor wrench 3/8"
Yato professional T handle socket adaptor wrench 3/8"
Offered by tool-craft

4.0 out of 5 stars great for amateur motorcycle mechanics, 10 Jun. 2016
has a good feel in the hand..... is about the dumbest thing you can say in any tool review...

so getting down to it I have ordered a few of these in different sizes and the quality of the metal finish and hydraulically pressed sections varies dramatically, while they all would appear to last a few years of moderate use at the minimum however if they were all made as well as the best example one I bought they may well even last a lifetime with care.

in my experience T-socket/T-socket adaptors are some of the best tools for working on motorcycles as often times ratchets can't fit into the space available
its a lot cheaper to buy these than to get a full set of T-sockets which are great and probably worth investing in if it is your livelihood but for an amateur mechanic these will do the same job 8 times out of 10

Dodo Juice Born Slippy Refill - 500ml
Dodo Juice Born Slippy Refill - 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, would recommend, 7 Mar. 2016
yep best clay bar lube smells great (like clementines) and works great helps make my motorbike look showroom new. and this is the concentrated version so you can make loads of it like 5 litres which would last years and years, I use it with cheap 3M clay bars as I have found the clay bar you use is not as important as the lube you use when claying a car and when the clay is saturated with dirt you should discard it rather than risk a stone or some grit scraping the paintwork just because you got the most expensive clay bar and want to get the most use out of it. its best to do the claying on a warm but not hot day and out of direct sunlight with little to no breeze

Fred MR TEA Tea Infuser
Fred MR TEA Tea Infuser
Offered by PTPTRADE(Ship from HongKong)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun way to make tea., 7 Mar. 2016
it works well but can be a little difficult to empty while its still hot as the tea gets trapped in the legs especially and if you forget and it dries out then it is also tricky to empty but it is dishwasher safe so I just pop it in there and it is ready to use again.

Old J Spiced Rum 70 cl
Old J Spiced Rum 70 cl

3.0 out of 5 stars it is alcohol for people who don't like the taste of alcohol., 7 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Old J Spiced Rum 70 cl (Wine)
overall it's too sickly sweet for me I enjoyed the first drink I made with it and then after that it was just too much sugar, it is like syrup with artificial vanilla & lime flavour. it is way sweeter than I remember original sailor jerry's being.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9