ARRAY(0xa712c660)

Profile for lateralus > Reviews

Content by lateralus

lateralus

What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character
by Richard Feynman

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 'Surely you're joking' but has some great parts, 15 Jan 2011
First of all I will say that 'Surely you're Joking Mr. Feynman' is one of my all time favourite books. A definite 5 star book. This book is similar in layout but I did not enjoy it as much.

I very much enjoyed the first part of the book about his first wife. It is a beautiful love story.

The rest of the book is devoted to his investigation into the Challenger disaster. It is quite technical and If you aren't very interested in the Challenger then this section will really drag (like it did for me!)

This is worth the read though just for the first section alone, even if you don't find the second section particularly interesting.

I still give this 4 stars because if you are interested in the Challenger disaster then you would probably love the whole book.

The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments
The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments
by George Johnson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 13 Dec 2010
This is a wonderful and concise book. One of the best science books I've ever read. Written in a very simple way, anyone can understand and enjoy this book. Excellent.

Surely You're Joking, Mr.Feynman!: Adventures of a Curious Character (Counterpoint)
by Richard P. Feynman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 13 Dec 2010
Amazing book. I already didn't want it to end, after only being 10-15 pages in. This is already in my top 5 books ever. Very Interesting, as the great Feynmann would say.