Profile for Bookshop Girl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Paper Towns
Paper Towns
by John Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously prevention with a delicious dark side, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Paper Towns (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book! So many great lines in there that have a real meaning that have made a lasting impression on me! Loved the characters who are all so well drawn by Green. I previously found Green's work a little over hyped but he really surprised me with this one! I will treasure it.

Anne Of Green Gables - The Continuing Story [DVD]
Anne Of Green Gables - The Continuing Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Megan Follows
Offered by chivvy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Anne of Green Gables 1,2 and 3!, 24 Jan. 2014
Anne is finally engaged to Gil who is now a doctor. Anne and Gil are both working in New York when the war in announced. the return to Green gables which has become run down after Marilla's death so Gil buys it as a wedding gift which they plan to do up. As men start signing up for war Gil decided to be a doctor on the frontline and leaves Anne and the rest of the women. Anne stays with Diana while the men are away but after a load of letters to Gil from Anne are returned Anne signs herself up and goes out to try to find him desperate for him to be alive. Anyway I won't spoil the rest and although it is not as good as the first film which is excellent it is a very good sequel.

The Lucky One [DVD]
The Lucky One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely film, beautiful scenery, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Lucky One [DVD] (DVD)
THis film is really nice, relaxing and uplifting with beautiful scenery and nice eye candy (efron) great for a Sunday afternoon!

Safe Haven [DVD]
Safe Haven [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Duhamel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely film, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Safe Haven [DVD] (DVD)
I Read the book and think the film is soooo much better I loved it! Love story, great onscreen chemistry between Duhamel and Hough, really calming, relaxing and uplifting! It is definitely going to be one of my favourite romcoms now!

Safe Haven
Safe Haven
by Nicholas Sparks

3.0 out of 5 stars nice, easy holiday read lovely but not amazing, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Safe Haven (Paperback)
ALthough I really enjoyed this book I found it a little tame. It is a nice, easy, relaxing read with a good but predictable story line. I read it on holiday and it was perfect for that as it didn't require my full attention to get theplot . Watched the film after the book and loved the film - can,t belbelieve I'm saying this but I think the film was better than the book!

PRISM
PRISM
Offered by Acfun Store

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised how much I like it, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: PRISM (Audio CD)
I have always been a Katy Perry fan but thought that perhaps she had past it now but unexpectedly received PRISM for Christmas and actually I really love it! It is much more mature than previous material such as her hit California Girls but is still really good,poppy and fun. I particularly like Roar, Birthday, This is how we do, International Smile, Legendary Lovers, This Moment and Double Rainbow so maybe check these tracks out on You Tube to see if you like them before buying. I really love it and find the lyrics really beautiful and quite calming.

The Woman In Black
The Woman In Black
by Susan Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but think the film was better!, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Woman In Black (Paperback)
This is such an odd book and although I enjoyed reading it I felt it had so much more to give and drawn upon. It is a very short book (just over 200 pages) so read over 3 nights and has left me slightly disappointed as I feel the book could have been much longer and gone more in-depth with more creepiness. Never in my life have I said this but I actually think the film is better than the book!!!

Good points: Lovely writing style, love how it could have been written 150 years ago instead of 1985, loved the gothic elements, attractive cover, large font you can actually see.

Bad points: Story had much more to tell but didn't, got fed up with nothing being explained properly and the fact that it would build up to a decent scary point and then just drop it at the last second so it flopped and lost it, too short - could use it to fill up a Sunday afternoon at most!

Agent Cody Banks/Agent Cody Banks 2 - Destination London [DVD]
Agent Cody Banks/Agent Cody Banks 2 - Destination London [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frankie Muniz
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie - family fun film, 15 Oct. 2013
This film is really great that both girls and boys and children and adults can enjoy. It is all about a young teen who attends a special young agent summer camp without his family knowing the truth. He is sent on different missions and has to save the day - kind of like Alex Rider in Stormbreaker.

Language Change (Intertext)
Language Change (Intertext)
by Adrian Beard

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 13 Oct. 2013
This is extremely helpful for AQA English Language A-level studies for section 2 of exam. It is clearly laid out with everything you need for revising.

The Language of Magazines (Intertext)
The Language of Magazines (Intertext)
by Linda McLoughlin

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 13 Oct. 2013
I used this to help with my A-level English Language coursework - it has everything you need to study how publishers use language to manipulate consumers to buy. It also has a useful index of terms which furthered my understanding.

Page: 1 | 2