Profile for Kim > Reviews

Content by Kim

Kim

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Business Of Dying: (Dennis Milne 1)
The Business Of Dying: (Dennis Milne 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 10 July 2014
What a fantastic book! A little hard to stomach at times but overall a brilliant and clever crime thriller. I love the fact that there is humour amongst the horror of the storyline and I believe this is a great rarity in these types of novels. At times I was laughing out loud and then cringing with fear. I can't recommend this book enough and the main character really draws you in and makes you understand his fight. Well done to the author. Fantastic

Stay Alive
Stay Alive
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Gripping, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Stay Alive (Kindle Edition)
This is my first ever Simon Kernick read and I have to be honest, I was not particularly looking forward to reading the book as I already have my own favourite authors in crime thrillers. However, this is a fantastic and gripping read. The author gets it right every time and keeps you hooked to the pages. Looking forward to another book by Simon Kernick. Read it if you can!!!!

Cold Heart
Cold Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic & Heartbreaking!, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cold Heart (Kindle Edition)
I've read all three Lorraine Page books and cannot recommend them enough!! I won't go into too much detail but the author has totally broke my heart with this last book. I kind of wish I'd never read it now. All I will say is read the first two books before you even attempt this one! Well done to the author. A truly thrilling series of books. Feel like Ive lived Lorraine's life and now I'm a little lost.

The Back Road
The Back Road
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 8 May 2014
This review is from: The Back Road (Kindle Edition)
Another great book from Rachel Abbott. I can't believe I've come across this gem of an author. She literally keeps you hooked from start to finish which in my eyes is a great achievement. I never go into detail about the plot of books but would recommend that you read the first book by Rachel before reading this one. It doesn't necessarily follow on but you get an idea of the main character in all three books and you get to grips with the authors writing technique. Loved it!!

Only the Innocent
Only the Innocent
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Only the Innocent (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book. Unique. Great storyline. Can't wait to read the 2nd book which I have just purchased. Would recommend to all. The book is a little intense at times and requires a strong will but overall an excellent book.

Covert
Covert
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Very American Teen Movie, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Covert (Kindle Edition)
This book is just like watching an American slasher flick only it's a book. Totally Americanised. It's okay for a quick read but nothing gripping or intelligent. Buy it if you want a travel or lazy day read otherwise go for something more gripping and read worthy.

Dark Places
Dark Places

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing yet Brilliant., 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dark Places (Kindle Edition)
Since reading Gone Girl I then decided to read more from Gillian Flynn. Came across Dark Places. Which is very aptly named. This book is extremely disturbing to the point I almost gave in about three quarters through. The only thing that kept me going was the storyline and stubbornly wanting to know what happened. This is a fantastic book which is very, very different from anything else and from a very talented author. However I'm glad it's over with and I never have to read it again!

Prime Suspect 3: Silent Victims
Prime Suspect 3: Silent Victims
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect 3, 8 Jan 2014
A little disappointed with this book to be honest. Expected a better ending! I felt like the writing was all over the place and not very consistent. It kept jumping from character to character and it was confusing the story for me. Overall I hoped it would be better but it wasn't. Such a shame.

Prime Suspect 2: A Face in the Crowd
Prime Suspect 2: A Face in the Crowd
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect 2, 1 Jan 2014
This was a good read. I gave it 3 stars because I still prefer the Anna Travis books. Also this was a little intense for me. I like a good crime book but this was a little disturbing and went into detail a little too much at one point. I considered skipping the chapter as I knew she was going to go into full on detail which I didn't want to particularly read and which wasn't necessary in my opinion. Apart from that it was a good story and would recommend if you've read the first Prime Suspect.

Prime Suspect
Prime Suspect
Price: 3.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect!, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
I chose 3 stars because I thought the story was going to be better than it was and because it's not a very long book. Was quite shocked when it downloaded to my Kindle and I read it really quickly. I've read nearly every crime book Lynda la Plante has wrote especially the Anna Travis series and I have to say that I prefer Anna to Jane. It's still along the same lines as the Anna Travis books i.e female detective solving crimes. The main thing that got me was the fact that the murderer was practically known from the start and it was more about convicting him. Would recommend if you like Lynda la Plante though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4