Profile for Deb > Reviews

Content by Deb

Deb (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Zentangle Basics: Don't Limit Your Creativity! Zentangle Workshop on How to Create Well-Formed Shapes by Drawing Structured Patterns (Zentangle basics, zentangle patterns, zentangle for beginners)

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad it didn't cost much as it is really poor, 19 Aug. 2015
I didn't mean to buy this for my Kindle- I had a rogue finger which hit the buy button!! Glad it didn't cost much as it is really poor. The best Zentangle books, in paperback, are by Beckah Krahula, which I recommend.

Crafty Individuals unmounted rubber stamp - Four postmarks - CI-124
Crafty Individuals unmounted rubber stamp - Four postmarks - CI-124

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stamps! Excellent seller!, 19 Aug. 2015
My order arrived super-fast which was impressive. Got stamping straight away as I've wanted a post mark stamp for ages and couldn't wait to try them on some distressed postcards. They work really well and look authentic. I found they look better on the second stamping so that the ink isn't too dark. Love them! Also very impressed with the seller so would recommend all round!

Life and Limb: A True Story of Tragedy and Survival
Life and Limb: A True Story of Tragedy and Survival

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly self-indulgent., 13 Jun. 2015
I have always found it fascinating that people are prepared to push themselves to the limit when there are people like me who like their feet planted firmly and safely on the ground. That's why this book seemed appealing. However, I must be getting intolerant in my old age because instead of seeing the author as brave in pushing the boundaries of human endurance etc, I just see someone who has itchy feet who indulges himself without a serious thought for loved ones and rescue services. After all but dying, losing his limbs, and making other people suffer, what does he do? He goes pot-holing. I stopped reading after this point. And he has the nerve to suggest there are similarities between himself and some poor chap who is bipolar when his own problems are entirely self-inflicted. Grr! Think maybe I need to get out more and stop pondering on the contents of a book! Haha!

Holy Candy: Why I Joined A Cult And Married A Stranger
Holy Candy: Why I Joined A Cult And Married A Stranger

1.0 out of 5 stars Holy Irritating, 4 Jun. 2015
This had lots of complimentary reviews and as I have read quite a lot of books on cults, which I find fascinating, I thought it sounded interesting. Unfortunately, I've given up even before it really got started. Lots of reviews said it is beautifully written but it made me cringe. The arrogant author actually admitted that she couldn't bear to be a nobody- "a meaningless organism.....and be forgotten......while an entire universe increased in beauty...etc. Yup, that's what we are. We all have to get over it. I doubt I'll finish it unless I'm stuck for something to read and I've forgotten how annoying it is.

The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice

5.0 out of 5 stars A memorable book, 17 Feb. 2015
This is an excellent read. But also appalling. I've read quite a few books about religious cults and this is by far the most shocking. At certain points it was actually surreal. To think that one individual can have such power over others and to have absolutely no conscience whatsoever about abusing innocent individuals all to indulge their sick sexual perversions. Rebecca Musser is a woman of great courage who would not give up fighting for what is right. I fail to understand how Warren Jeffs was allowed to continue his wicked reign even while he was in prison but then I guess we allow prisoners far too many privileges in this country too. It has really made me think about the plight of so many poor souls who suffer in similar ways and what a sad world this can sometimes be. A memorable book.

Rescue the Captors: Written from within a Marxist guerrilla camp in Colombia, the true story of a kidnapped jungle pilot

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even worth one star!, 29 Jan. 2015
It's not surprising that this is a free Kindle book. I thought it would be an interesting read but it bored and infuriated me in equal measure. Although I knew it was a true story it reads more like a TALL story. The author is so arrogant that it makes me cringe. I rarely give up on a book but I am barely half way and won't be reading any more. I know he may not think much of me either but meeting him in person would be my worst nightmare! Aaargh!

Creation Station Colossal Buttons
Creation Station Colossal Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, colourful buttons!, 26 Jan. 2015
Arrived after just 2 days. Brilliant! Bought for my grandson's 3rd birthday as he always enjoys sorting my button jar. Thought he would like some of his own that he can play with unsupervised as they are large and safe, unlike mine.
64 sturdy buttons in bright, primary colours, 8 different shapes and four coloured laces for threading. Other brands have far less for a similar price, so they are good value. Lots of options for sorting, stacking and making designs. The tub to keep them in may not last as long as the buttons but it is quite adequate. Very pleased!

SWT Salon Hair Cut Hairdressing Barbers Gown Cape --- Perfect for Hair Cutting / Coloring / Perming --- Easy to Clean and Dry Quickly
Offered by Tinxs

5.0 out of 5 stars No more prickly hairs!, 21 Jan. 2015
Don't know why I've never thought of buying a hairdressing cape before as I often seem to be giving someone a trim. It is generous in size, made of decent quality fabric, (polyester, I think?) and the sewing is finished nicely. It'll be nice not to have prickly hairs all over clothes, towels etc. I assume it will shrug off water drops too for the odd spray cut. Received in 5 days with good packaging and very good value. Great!

Benway Stamped Cross Stitch Six Beatiful Coffee Cups 11 Count 35x54cm
Benway Stamped Cross Stitch Six Beatiful Coffee Cups 11 Count 35x54cm
Offered by Benway Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Pre-stamped stress free cross stitch, 20 Jan. 2015
Bought for my 25yr old daughter for Christmas. It is stamped with the design which I chose because she is fairly new to cross stitch and needed something easy and relaxing after a stressful day at work. Beautiful design and the kit is nicely put together. She is about half way through and it's looking really nice. She can't put it down!

Handmade Decorative Books (Passion for Paper)
Handmade Decorative Books (Passion for Paper)
by Sue Roddis

3.0 out of 5 stars Decorative but not decorated books!, 20 Jan. 2015
I was really looking forward to receiving this book but am a bit disappointed. The title is a bit misleading as it suggested to me that although it is meant to show how to make different books, you would also be shown lots of ways to decorate them too. The examples are not in great detail and the pictures are rather small to really appreciate. I should have realised that the book is too short to have been able to include all this as well. I always thoroughly research the books I buy so that I'm not disapponted but I think I was too easily swayed by the attractive designs. So if you want to know how to make books, fine. If you want to know in detail how to decorate them, don't buy this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3