Profile for TillyTee > Reviews

Gaudí Pop-Ups
Gaudí Pop-Ups
by Courtney Watson McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop Ups, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gaudí Pop-Ups (Hardcover)
I collect pop-up books but did buy this for my grandson who thinks he wants to be an architect and really admires Gaudi's work. I shall have a job to part with it: it is beautiful!

Stephanie Double Gold Butterfly Duvet Cover set
Stephanie Double Gold Butterfly Duvet Cover set
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

3.0 out of 5 stars butterflies, 11 Oct 2013
I was so looking forward to this butterfly duvet. The colours are perfect for my newly decorated bedroom BUT the quality is so poor! What did I expect for the price? I burned it on my first attempt at steam ironing the very many creases out but managed to repair it rather than throw it away. The washing instructions were sewn to the inside head of the duvet so I didn't find the tag until after the event. It was still very difficult to iron even after my repairs. But I love the design and colours!

Stove-Top Turkey Stuffing Mix 170 g (Pack of 6)
Stove-Top Turkey Stuffing Mix 170 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the way from USA, 13 July 2013
Have usually had someone send me this every Christmas from USA. My grandchildren love it and much prefer it to sage and onion or anything else - even if homemade!

Where Three Roads Meet (Myths)
Where Three Roads Meet (Myths)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not presented as I had hoped, 13 July 2013
Hard work and tedious, even though I have studied some Freud! It's someting to do with the style. The topic could be fascinating. Must admit I very reluctantly gave up on it.

Aphrodite's Hat
Aphrodite's Hat

3.0 out of 5 stars It's some and some, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Aphrodite's Hat (Paperback)
Some of the short stories worked very well - others I felt were disappointing - but everybody's tastes are different. I much prefer other books by Sally Vickers and have read several of them.

The Cleaner of Chartres
The Cleaner of Chartres

5.0 out of 5 stars Light reading?, 7 Feb 2013
I can't put this down. Yes, it is light-reading but it is all fascinating and reminds me of my visit to Chartes. haing said it is light-reading I do find myself reaching for the dictionary for unfamiliar words!

The Secret Rooms: A True Gothic Mystery
The Secret Rooms: A True Gothic Mystery
by Catherine Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggling, 7 Feb 2013
I am struggling with this. Have had to put it aside for a while but I will approach it anew

Through the Language Glass: How Words Colour your World
Through the Language Glass: How Words Colour your World
by Guy Deutscher

5.0 out of 5 stars PhD., 22 Jan 2013
My daughter, teaching and completing her doctorate at Uni, enjoyed this. It is not diectly connected to her PhD but it links in with her interests. I might even read it myself.

Can't Be Arsed
Can't Be Arsed
by Richard Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another teenager, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Can't Be Arsed (Hardcover)
This is one of my 17-year old grandson's favoured expressions as he lounges about the place doing nothing very much. He laughed out loud when he received this as a Christms gift. I don't know yet though if he "can be arsed" to read it!

At Her Very Best
At Her Very Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: At Her Very Best (Audio CD)
N.M. was a firm favourite with my parents. Unfortunately, when they died, I threw their music collection way. Then, too late, my daughter asked for the LP she remembered with fondness. It was great to see her face when she received this as a Christmas gift

Page: 1 | 2 | 3