Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James

Duronic BL400 White 1.5 Litre Jug Blender and Multi-Mill. 2 Speed efficient 400W motor - Autoclean and pulse function
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 2 weeks of use., 26 Oct 2011
Was working fine for 2 weeks, then stopped for no apparent reason. Very disappointed, will try now to get a refund.

Kitchen Craft 26 cm Microwave Plate Cover with Air Vent
Kitchen Craft 26 cm Microwave Plate Cover with Air Vent
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 14 Oct 2011
The product itself is great as I don't need to buy cling film ever again. I didn't give it the full 5 stars because it arrived 2 days late.

I have a lot of their microwave gear now e.g. vegetable steamer, saucepan, egg poacher and have found them all very useful. I'm currently a final year (Accounting) Uni student and I'm upset that I didn't get these products last year. For any other students out there who are sick of living off takeaways, then I fully recommend these products; it's fast and easy to clean, can't ask for more.

James.

Grandmaster Repertoire: Sicilian Defence
Grandmaster Repertoire: Sicilian Defence
by Lubomir Ftacnik

4.0 out of 5 stars Must buy! But be warned., 27 Mar 2011
First of all I have to say this is without a shadow of a doubt the best Najdorf "repertoire" book ever made. And for anyone who plays the Najdorf this is a must buy. However there are a few hiccups, such as the main system he recommends against 6. Bg5 line is a sideline called the Browne variation (6. Bg5 e6 7. Qf3 h6?!) (after Walter Browne), this imo was a mistake, and resulting endgames from this variation ends up with black being a pawn down in a oppositte coloured bishops endgame. This should with perfect play be a draw, however why should black go into a system where the best he can hope for is a draw? The other variation he recommends against 6. Bg5 is Nbd7 which is an upcoming popular variation that I believe in future will become a mainline, it's main exponent at top level chess is Giri. This is the system I'd recommend playing from the book, however I wish as his main recommendation he had chosen either the Poisoned Pawn variation of Gelfand's as these have been the main lines for decades and are still being played at top level chess. Therefore if you want good coverage on 6. Bg5 you'll have to look elsewhere. I'd recommend waiting for Cutting Edge 3 being released by Quality Chess in later 2011, this is dedicated solely to 6. Bg5 and should have all the main line variations init.

So in conclusion this is a must buy because of everything except the 6. Bg5 line.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2011 12:52 PM BST

Happy Yellow Ball
Happy Yellow Ball
Offered by Golden(HK Shipping)
Price: 1.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 days, 26 Sep 2010
This review is from: Stress Balls (Toy)
Ok I understand you get what you pay for but this literally lasted me 3 days before it started to break up. I'm purchasing a more expensive stress ball this time and hopefully it will last a lot longer. I cannot recommend this stress ball, and I'm really dissapointed.