Profile for Dom > Reviews

Dom (Lancashire)

Denon In-Ear Headphones - Silver
Denon In-Ear Headphones - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphones for iPhone, 5 July 2011
Great product and the sound is fantastic with a nice fit. They feel like a quality product too. But they didn't work with my IPhone 3GS
The jack seems to go in too far in to the phone. My iPhone claims to have a 3.5mm jack and so do these headphones, but they don't work.
if you pull it out slightly it works fine, although it then falls out.
As I use mine for running, I returned them.

They worked fine in my PC but the same fault with an iPod.

Maybe 4th Gen will be fine, I just wanted to post that they didn't work with the iPhone 3GS

I have since purchased the Denon AHC260R In Ear Headphone with Remote for iPhone and found them to work fine but the remote doesn't work with 3rd gen again, but did work with a 4th Gen iTouch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2011 1:46 PM BST

Denon In-Ear Headphones - Black
Denon In-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by home AV direct
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphones for iPhones, 5 July 2011
I don't usually do reviews but I really struggled to find some decent headphones for around the 20-30 area and to find out if they worked with my iPhone. I have an iPhone 3GS, which I've had since it came out and use it for running as it tracks my route via GPS etc...

I had some Sennheiser PMX 80 Rugged Stereo Neckband Headphones for Sports which were great but they died randomly.
The sound was very good although the neck band got in the way if you're wearing a hoody in the rain and I snapped an ear piece while opening it out to fit over my fat head.

A friend suggested in ear type, which I liked.
So I got some JBuds Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Ear Buds Headphone for iPod (Black) - Retail which I thought would be ideal for running as they are cheap enough to replace if they break. They fit well and sounded ok, good enough for running. (They were 4.95 but have gone up a lot)

After working in a sound related company for years I knew Denon were quality equipment and respected in the music industry. So I decided to get something that sounded good. So I went for the Denon AH-C260 Inner Ear Stereo Headphones - Silver, which sounded fantastic and fit in my ears really well.
BUT they didn't work with my IPhone 3GS. It seem like the 3.5mm jack isn't 3.5mm. I also tried them in my girlfriend's iPod with the same result.
The sound was wishy washy and lacked clarity and stereo. I pulled out the jack slightly and it sounded perfect.
I read complaints about lack of bass and this is because the cup is the wrong size, once you get a little suction the bass in amazing.
But as they were not connected properly the jack fell out easily and would be no good for running.
I asked Apple if they were compatible as I was reluctant to return them and the guy from Apple told me that his internet was down and he couldn't Google it! So I Google'd it and read all the reviews but I could find anything.
So I returned them.

I ended up getting these slightly more expensive version the Denon AHC260R In Ear Headphone with Remote for iPhone which I presumed must be compatible with the iPhone as its mentioned in the title.
And they do work with the iPhone 3GS BUT the controls don't work (on the lead) I read the instruction manual, probably for the first time in my life, and found that the iPhone 4 is mentioned specifically and not the 3GS..
I decided to keep the headphones as the sound is very good and I can hear bass lines I couldn't hear with the cheaper JBuds.

I have tried the headphones in my colleague's iTouch 4th generation and all the controls work so I can only guess that they would work with the iPhone 4.
They also work fine in my PC.

If you have an iPhone 3GS be wary of `normal' 3.5mm jacks. This product claims to have a Gold-plated stereo mini-jack and don't mention 3.5mm and they work fine. Maybe the iPhone/iPod/iTouch 4th generation are 3.5mm but they didn't work with my 3rd generation.
If it sounds quiet change the rubber ear pieces to get a snug fit.

Great headphones would recommend especially if you have 4th Gen device.

So I would still give these 5 stars as they are a snug fit and sound fantastic, just what I was looking for.
They should specify which devices these headphones will work with.
One slight drawback is the small case you get with them is very small, I don't like wrapping leads up that small and the remote control just fits.
But this doesn't have anything to do with the product.

I would recommend these headphones as sound quality is fantastic and they are comfortable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2012 12:00 AM BST

BBE Punchbag Bracket
BBE Punchbag Bracket

1.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 25 Feb 2010
This review is from: BBE Punchbag Bracket (Sports)
When I opened the product, tools at the ready, to my complete surprise it contained a Toshiba DVD player...
I stared at it for a long time... but no, it was definitely a DVD player . . . I rechecked the box, and it was the box of the bracket...
unfortunately I opened it over a year later due to moving....
So I cannot really rate the product... the DVD player hasn't even got a remote control.... but it has got a plug on it so I gave one star, if it could hold my punch bag up I'd give it more stars..... not quite what I was expecting....