Profile for Basset-mama > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Vax Air Pet U87-MA-Pe Upright Vacuum
Vax Air Pet U87-MA-Pe Upright Vacuum

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 14 April 2016
I have just bought this vacuum after my Morphy Richards died. Boy do I wish I hadn't. Fact is after only 24 hours, I hate this. Having to pull it back against the suction - nightmare and I don't want to have to move forward all the time. With my kitchen rug, if I run it off the edge, it sucks the rug into the machine. Even if I lower the suction, which I don't want to have to do. So far, and I may adjust to this new machine, I'm inclined to send it back. I can't recommend this product.

Bosch Rotak 34 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width) (Old Version) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine for a small garden, 22 Dec. 2015
Bought years ago now but still working fine.

Black's Veterinary Dictionary
Black's Veterinary Dictionary
by E. Boden

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any dog-owner., 22 Dec. 2015
Can't do without it really,.

Frankie
Frankie
by Edited by Brough Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the buy - for a fan., 22 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Frankie (Paperback)
I bought this book direct from Racingpost - hardback - and at a less than RRP. It's a good chronical of Frankie's career to date with some great photos of jockey and the horses who have supported his huge talent. Interesting was the section on his split with Godolphin, not that there was really anything 'new' there. And one gets the feeling a lot there that wasn't said. Perhaps for the best as clearly he has now more than moved on. A definite buy for the fan!

Bristol Mucker Garden Wheelbarrow Colour: Green
Bristol Mucker Garden Wheelbarrow Colour: Green
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strong product but ....., 11 Jun. 2014
.... it's just a pity the amount of paint on the handles prevented them from slotting in (too wide) without grinding down the handle ends so they did! We've treated with rust preventative, in the hope the handles don't now rust!!! As a result of this, it took far longer to assemble than envisaged.

2 x LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER REUSABLE BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
Offered by Seal Products Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Only okay because I'm not sure whether it's working or not..., 21 Dec. 2013
I bought one of the 2 X large bags which arrived middle of the week. Whether it's working or not I'm not sure but so far I'm not suffering with a screen that's misted right across in the morning! Hence just 3 stars so far. What I'm not sure about is the so-called indicator. There's no means of knowing what means what or maybe it's just me? - I have the first 2 which are green-ish this morning with the others brown still. I guess that means something!! I'm drying it next to one of the house rads. now.

Arden Grange Dog Food Adult Sensitive 12 Kg
Arden Grange Dog Food Adult Sensitive 12 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Not from Amazon yet, but ...., 10 Oct. 2013
This product is something I can definitely recommend. My Basset came to us with Giardia which even after it cleared (neg.fecals) he still was producing bad stools by the end of the day. I started making up coley and mashed potatoes which gave an instant improvement and then switched to this, for convenience. He's been on this ever since (2+ years) apart from one attempt to switch to something less expensive which was ok at first but then he started upchucking bile early mornings. Back on AG Sensitive and he's back on track again. It may be costly and I don't appreciate the reduction in bag size for the same price as 15KG but it's still all good. I will buy via Amazon next time as their price here is competitive.

Christmas Bells Basset Hound Luxury Christmas Cards Pack
Christmas Bells Basset Hound Luxury Christmas Cards Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars For any Basset-lover!!, 2 Oct. 2013
Just bought a pack of these and not disappointed. They are bigger than I'd anticipated - good! Essential for any Basset nut, and their friends!!

Also ordered and delivered fast.

Jan

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It didn't do what I'd hoped ....., 13 July 2013
Whether this product isn't appropriate for my condition I can't say but having used it for some time now, I can't see any improvement. It smells nice, but that's about all I can say.

Banquet Square Kettle Charcoal Barbecue
Banquet Square Kettle Charcoal Barbecue

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 13 July 2013
The first one of these we bought was missing a screw in the leg on arrival. The seller replaced this without the need to return the original. However, it still took us at least 2 hours to assemble. The ash tray won't slide in unless you undo the short leg on one side because it's fouled by the cup at the top of that leg (I badly cut my finger trying to slide it in) and heaven knows how, having used it for the first time today, this tray can be removed without again unscrewing that leg. Further, on shutting the lid after cooking, we later found the lid badly discoloured from the heat inside and outside (hot coals, no flame). This is supposed to be a kettle BBQ so the lid should be able to be shut after use/to cook under the lid? Having had our old black kettle BBQ for years before it rusted out, this replacement has been a total disappointment and will be dumped.
It should have been good as it suggests it's a far better product, if cheap, than it is.
NOT RECOMMENDED.