Profile for Joseph Mercier > Reviews

Joseph Mercier

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money., 9 Jan 2013
I don't know anything about the specs, but it's comfortable, clear and works with PC + XBox 360.
It costs €64 in Gamestop in the ROI and was about the same in HMV [I don't know if they have any in stock, but lets not get into that..]
£32 is about €40-odd, so IRISH buyers, go for it. Apparently the XLA [360] or ZLA [PC equivalent] hurt - for some - after a while so just go with these, it's 2 forthe price of one anyway.

Songs of Faith and Devotion
Songs of Faith and Devotion
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars [Insert joke about my name and the track 'Mercy In You'], 9 Jan 2013
The 8th studio album - I think - by the lads from DM and the last to feature Alan Wilder as a member. This album is loved my fans of the group, it has a very 'soul-y' feel to it, so if you like soul, you'll be pleasently surprised.
'I Feel You' is a great track, has a similar western-y feel to the famous 'Personal Jesus' from Violator, the previous album. 'Walking In My Shoes' is powerful and moving, in my opinion.
My friends agree that 'Mercy in You' has the sexiest guitar riff ever writen, but that's just our opinion! [...]
this album is not strictly an electronic one, it features many 'conventional' musical instruments and so would make a fine addition to any music collection. Again, I want to emphasise the soul-nature of the music, so non-electronis fans please don't be afraid to listen! :D
There is also a live version of this album; 'Songs of Faith and Devotion Live'.

Music For The Masses
Music For The Masses
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars If only The Masses would listen to it..., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
This is one of the finest albums by DM, it features tracks such as 'Strangelove' and 'Never Let Me Down Again', definately worth listening to if you're not familiar already.
DM are a must for self-respecting electronic music fans and this is a beautiful album to listen to. Described ny the group at the time as 'Electronic metal', I find some tracks retain much of the industrial qualities of earlier albums while others are softer and give the album a good balance.
This is Depeche Mode at their finest. Marvellous album artwork too!
This is the cheapest Ive seen this thing on sale, and I'm In Ireland, came to no more than £5 INCLUDING shipping, took a good fortnight to arrive though but whatever, it's worth the wait at that price, trust me!
BUY IT, BUY IT NOW!