Profile for Mark J > Reviews

Denison Boston Polo Jewell Ruby Cufflinks
Denison Boston Polo Jewell Ruby Cufflinks
Price: 40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 4 May 2014
These cufflinks appeared to be OK for a few months. I was always disappointed with the quality of the 'glass' in them. They were not finely polished, but I'm not one to complain unnecessarily. Then one day the red glass bead fell out of one. For the price I feel cheated. I've bought MUCH cheaper cufflinks that have never had a problem.

Mens Silver Plated Cufflinks with Cushion Purple Swarovski Crystal by Fred Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 4 May 2014
Bought these to go with a purple shirt. Good quality and look great. The sliver plating really makes a difference.

Oakley Airbrake Men's Ski Goggles-Jet Black/Fire Iridium & Persimmon
Oakley Airbrake Men's Ski Goggles-Jet Black/Fire Iridium & Persimmon
Price: 200.00

4.0 out of 5 stars COOL!, 4 May 2014
Loved these on my recent ski trip. Once I got the hang of how to treat these goggles they really performed. The first day I made the mistake of leaving them on top of my helmet during a wet snow storm. After that they were useless! They dried out quickly and the rest of the week they performed exceptionally. They didn't mist up, were really comfortable, and looked really cool!
The 2 lenses were really useful as we had varied weather, with both bright sun and cloud. The lenses were really easy to change and clean.
These are very large goggles. Beware if you are petite!

UGG Australia Snowbyrd Trapper Black
UGG Australia Snowbyrd Trapper Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great!, 4 May 2014
What I expected from the iconic brand of UGG was full sheepskin headwear. I was disappointed. The main body of the 'trapper' is synthetic (including the lining) with just the external trim and straps being sheepskin. Though it is warm and comfortable, I really had looked forward to a full 'fur' lined hat in the true trapper style with UGG utilising what they are renowned for. Sadly this is one of the disadvantages of buying online. The 'one size fits all' theory is mistaken as although it just fits me, it makes my head look like a peanut, rimmed with fur. Not a good look.

Nicna Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon EOS 5D Mark II III DSLR w/ 24-105mm lens
Offered by nicna-store
Price: 22.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, good quality., 4 May 2014
My camera bag/case is massive, and I really wanted a case that would just protect the camera and most commonly used lens from knocks and bumps. Some days I just want to chuck the camera in the back of the car without having to take a whole bag of tricks with me.
I was wary of the price as I thought it may be like the typical cheap iPhone case that doesn't really fit and having 'leather' like a cereal packet. I took the gamble and I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. The leather is very good quality and the case fit the camera and lens perfectly. It unbuttons in several places, meaning that you can leave the camera section on but take the lens section off. You can unbutton the lens cover and just let it hang down for quick access.
The only reason I didn't rate 5* is that I prefer to leave my tripod attachment connected to the camera and this didn't fit well into the case when attached.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III (The Expanded Guide) (Expanded Guides) by David Taylor (2012)
by David Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 4 May 2014
I bought a Canon EOS 5D MK iii on Amazon at a very reasonable price, but it didn't come with an instruction manual in English. I downloaded the manual from Canon but this was quite difficult to navigate and I was loathed to print the entire thing off. I saw this on Amazon and bought it. It was worth the money. It is well explained and easy to follow. It is in colour (which makes it much less boring to read and follow than bog standard black and white instructions). It also has example photos which give you a better idea of each section and provide a great visual memory of the camera menus. I would highly recommend.

Fonerize Genuine Leather Wallet and iPhone 5 & 5S Case plus Card Holder in Black
Offered by Fonerize
Price: 24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy a cheaper version., 24 Jun 2013
I previously owned a similar cheaper product for my iPhone 4. This is far superior. If you're after a leather wallet style case then spend the extra and get this one as opposed to the 4.99 versions.
The quality is obvious. The case is suitably padded which allows perfect comfort in the pocket and protection for the phone if dropped. The phone fits perfectly into the matt plastic grip (which befits the phones natural stylish edge) and is not difficult to remove if needed.
My only gripe is a small one. Once 2 cards are inserted in the well fitted slots, and another card (or small amount of cash) is placed in the inside slot, there is no room for manoeuvre as the case will not shut properly.
So this is not a complete replacement for a man's wallet, but it is a great in-between, meaning that as long as you have your phone with you, you can also have some plastic and a bit of cash to hand.

Abalone Shell Oval Cufflinks Cuff Links
Abalone Shell Oval Cufflinks Cuff Links
Offered by The Purple Armadillo
Price: 18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Abalone cuffs, 27 May 2013
I was a little nervous about buying such a 'hit and miss' product online. I was worried about the quality and the finish.
I feared that an inferior product would arrive through the door.
I need not have been concerned. The cufflinks arrived in time and were great! Their shine and colours were far better than I had expected from an online product.

Romeo Gigli Men's Silk Tie. New/Tags. RRP 110 Euros
Romeo Gigli Men's Silk Tie. New/Tags. RRP 110 Euros
Offered by The Dapper Gents Emporium
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful red crystal cuffs, 27 May 2013
I love these. If you don't like 'Bling' then these are not for you. They are large and shiny but retain a sense of quality that might befit a royal family member.
The pics do not portray their true brilliance.
The price is a little high but I would recommend purchase for a special occasion or just to impress work colleagues!

Panasonic DMC-FZ28 Digital Camera - Silver
Panasonic DMC-FZ28 Digital Camera - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 14 July 2009
For those of us who really fancy an SLR but can't be bothered with the extra purchases necessary and all the fiddling.
This camera fulfils all of your dreams. The 'intelligent auto' option is so good that you need only rarely select any other option - though there are plenty to choose from.
Although a little bulky the benefit from this is the 18 X optical zoom. This enables you to take excellent close-up/longer distance pictures without changing lenses or losing the quality that happens with a digital zoom.
The battery life is very good in comparison with other cameras I've owned.
The only 'down' side is the manual is a little hard to decipher - but at least it comes with a printed one and not the fashionable 'online' effort.
I won't be changing this camera for several years!

Page: 1 | 2