Profile for GSARider > Reviews

Content by GSARider

GSARider "Riding the world" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Manfrotto Monopod 561BHDV
Manfrotto Monopod 561BHDV

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for portability, 17 July 2012
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This is the second monopod I've bought for video use, the first was a cheaper unit that just didn't work very well. The Manfrotto BHDV-1 is a quality product and very well made. I bought this for portability and the ability to use it where a video tripod would be too big and it fulfils that role well.

This is my second time out with the monopod, shot using my Sony Nex 5 with a fixed 16mm lens. I'm pleased with it and hopefully it will give you an idea on how footage looks with it.I think I still have to get used to it and start using it more creatively / better.

Manfrotto 561BHDV Video Monopod
Manfrotto 561BHDV Video Monopod

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and ease of use, 5 July 2012
Length:: 2:12 Mins

This is the second monopod I've bought for video use, the first was a cheaper unit that just didn't work very well. The Manfrotto unit arrived this morning and on opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a solidly built and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Anyway, here's a video of my first attempt using it with a Sony Nex 5, I'm still getting used to it, but pleased so far!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 12:37 PM BST

Velbon UP-400DX (UP4DXII) Monopod
Velbon UP-400DX (UP4DXII) Monopod
Price: 29.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 4 July 2012
Decent enough for the price and the tilt up & down pan is fairly smooth. However it does have a couple of issues that are not good.

Firstly the strap handle on this monopod rattles away if there's any movement or wind, which causes vibrations on the monopod itself and if you're recording sound - will be picked up by your microphone.

Second, there is no way to pan across as the head doesn't do so and the only way to do it, is to twist the whole monopod - not so great if you're on a solid floor / outside. Works okay(ish) if on a carpet.

Overall it's acceptable at the price, however I've decided it's not good enough for my video needs and have just ordered a Manfrotto BHDV-1, but again there is a huge difference in the pricing, but they do say you get what you pay for!

Thermos Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle 0.5L
Thermos Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle 0.5L

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bikers too!, 2 July 2012
I keep one of these in my top box for when we're touring - great when the weather is warm and your luggage is like an oven - the thermos keeps it nice & chilled all day. Well worth the money as we bought two of these and have been using them for about a year now. Great buy & recommended wholeheartedly.

Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 21.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic style and well made, 2 July 2012
I've had these scales for about a year now and have finally gotten round to reviewing them. In that time, they've worked well and give an accurate reading. Still look as good as new and I expect them to last for many years to come. Well recommended!

Creative GigaWorks T20
Creative GigaWorks T20
Offered by IvoryEgg Limited
Price: 70.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers, 27 Jun 2012
I've had these for some time now and they're an excellent set of speakers, I keep the grilles off to show the tellow speaker cones as they look good. Sound wise, at this price and size, is amazing. Well worth buying!

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent usb stick, 27 Jun 2012
This usb stick works well enough, it's fast and I like the swivel cap that protects it from damage. It's not as flimsy as some usb sticks that I have used in the past and is well made.

Lemix (FW50) Travel Charger for Specific SONY Alpha, NEX & SLT Models + UK/EU/USA & Car Adaptors
Offered by 4Value
Price: 13.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but slightly flimsy, 27 Jun 2012
Bought this as I lost my charger for my Nex 5 and seeing as it has EU and a USA adaptor, I thought it was worth a go at this price. It does work, however the way that the battery is fitted into the unit is flimsy and difficult to get in. Once it is in and the unit needs to be plugged into the wall, it sometimes falls out again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 8:59 AM GMT

Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air B&W Wireless Speaker with Airplay
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air B&W Wireless Speaker with Airplay
Price: 499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, 27 Jun 2012
Beautifully designed and sound is neutral but excellent. I have this unit in my living room on a pedestal stand that I bought separately. There were some issues with Airplay and iOS4 but with iOS5 it's working perfectly now.

Overall a great centre piece and with great sound to boot.. Highly recommended.

Klarus XT11 Tactical LED Torch (2 x CR123)
Klarus XT11 Tactical LED Torch (2 x CR123)
Offered by Adventure Stars
Price: 86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Torch, 25 Jun 2012
I wanted an all round torch to keep around the house as well as take out with me on trips on my motorbike, to use for any breakdown situations and as we also go on holiday to places that can have no street lighting, I thought it would be handy for that too.

I bought a couple of 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger for under 15 to use with the Klarus. Oh and a red filter for the front to use for breakdowns for a tenner.

Overall it is very well made, feels really good in the palm of my hand and is compact enough to stow away unobtrusively until it is needed. Being shock proof and waterproof, I'm reassured that it will stand up well to outdoor usage.

My firs go on it was of course at home, I waited until evening and tried it in the living room and switched the lights off - basically the light from the Klarus was brighter than the main light ! I've since tried it outdoors and it is just amazing.

I fully expect this torch to last me for many years to come.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14