Profile for GSARider > Reviews

Content by GSARider

GSARider "Riding the world" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
SORBOTHANE Cush N Step Insole , UK10
SORBOTHANE Cush N Step Insole , UK10
Offered by BabyMad Ltd
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very thick, 26 Oct 2012
I have bought three other pairs of the Sorbothane insoles for my flat feet, but I needed something thinner to fit a specific pair of shoes and from the description, thought these would fit. Unfortunately not, you still need a size up in shoes to get these on.

APPLE IPOD TOUCH 4TH GEN UNION JACK GLOSSY BACK COVER CASE / SKIN / SHELL PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and looks good, 26 Oct 2012
Ordered and delivered rapidly with Prime and whilst fairly inexpensive, it snapped onto my new iTouch snugly and without fuss. Looks wise, it's good without being too garish. Overall, happy with the cover and the protection it gives from scratches, etc.

FiiO E17 (Alpen) USB DAC Headphone Amplifier [192K/24bit (SPDIF)] and the FiiO L9 cable bundle (FiiO E17 plus L9)
Offered by AVShop
Price: 180.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved sound!, 30 Sep 2012
I bought a pair of Sennheiser IE80 Earbuds and whilst they sounded good with my iPhone, I thought they could be better with an external DAC / Amp. After reading a number of reviews of the Fiio's, I settled on the E17. I'm pleased that I did so and the sound has improved considerably from my earbuds.

The build quality is good and the unit itself is easy to use. The bundled package with the LOD Cable is essential for use with any iDevice as it sounds much better with this rather than plugging into the headphone jack.

It's still not too big to carry around and fits in the inside chest pocket on my jacket along with the phone with no issues.

Overall sound quality is excellent and well worth the upgrade.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Sound !, 26 Sep 2012
My previous in ear monitors were a pair of Shure E5's and I never felt that they were as good as the cash that I spent on them. Now the issue with earbuds is that you can never try a pair before you buy, unless you have a friend who's willing to let you have a go. Unfortunately most of my friends think I'm mad spending 200+ for earbuds, so no way to try them. I read all the reviews on various websites and decided to try these and if they didn't live up to expectations - there would be a fast turnaround back to Amazon and a refund requested.

Fortunately, they've been as good as I hoped and even though they haven't had time to bed in properly yet, they sound fantastic. Crystal clear sound and with the tiny dials on the sides, I've adjusted the Bass up a notch and they're 'just right', essentially this makes the IE80's flexible enough to suit a large variety of people and music tastes, see the pic that I've added above that shows this. Overall the quality of the earbuds, the box and even the adjustment / cleaning tool is outstanding and I have no hesitation in recommending them. I've added a pic with some of the key features highlighted, which should appear along with the main pics. Buy with confidence!

*Edit* After a month of daily usage, I'm over the moon with these earbuds and if anything, the sound is better now that they've bedded in.

12V LaCie 2Big Thunderbolt External hard drive replacement power supply adaptor
12V LaCie 2Big Thunderbolt External hard drive replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but is bigger than the original, 3 Sep 2012
Arrived fast and it works well as a secondary power pack for my Lacie Thunderbolt Drive, however it's not good if you want to carry it around with you in your bag as it's much bigger than the original supplied by Lacie.Luckily I bought this to keep at work so I don't have to cart around the one from lacie, enabling me to leave it at home.

So if you want an extra power pack to keep at home or anywhere in one place, you should be fine and use the original for mobile use.

Slik Q/R 6123 F.300,330,340,500
Slik Q/R 6123 F.300,330,340,500
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine and fits, 29 Aug 2012
Not a lot to say except that I bought this as a replacement for one that was lost and it looks genuine and fits prefectly.

Prop 'n Go - Hybrid Lap Desk for iPad, iPad mini, and Galaxy Tab with Adjustable Angle Control and Storage Pocket

4.0 out of 5 stars works fairly well, 28 Aug 2012
Have been using the prop n' go now for a couple of weeks and I bought it mainly for using in bed as I found my arms getting sore when trying to read a book for a long period. It works well enough, although I wish that it could be angled forward a bit more - I use it resting on my chest whilst lying down. Overall, it's the best solution I've found so far, however a few improvements would make it better.

The Faith Healers
The Faith Healers
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Faith Healers (Kindle Edition)
Far too many books in this genre - looking at bogus religious views / actions are either very boring to read or go off on a vitriolic rant. This strikes the right balance and shows these charlatans for what they are. I read the book in two sittings and will most likely re-read again. Have recommended to friends & family, so have no hesitation in doing the same for the wider 'amazon family'...!

LaCie Little Big Disk 2TB Thunderbolt
LaCie Little Big Disk 2TB Thunderbolt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast & small, 28 Aug 2012
Bought this recently after my last USB Drive died and having a MacBook Air with thunderbolt, I thought I'd give the Lacie drive a go. It comes with a three year warranty and thought it would be a worthwhile investment.

I use it for storage of videos / images for editing in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro and found that it took ages to load material from USB. Just to give an idea, I transferred 20GB of images / video from one folder in just under 90 seconds with the Lacie, same files via USB 2.0 took me seven minutes.

Size wise, it's pretty small and fits in the palm of my hand, although it feels quite hefty and is on the big side for carrying around, however it's just about acceptable for me and I have it in my bag. It does need an external power source, so the adaptor cable needs to go with it, luckily it's not the usual 'brick' and is lightweight. I have also ordered an after market power cable from Amazon at a low price - just search for 'lacie 2big cable' and it should come up. This way, I can leave one cable at home and take one out with me.

It has two thunderbolt ports, so it can daisy chain with other devices - I have my monitor plugged in via thunderbolt to the drive and the drive then plugged into the macbook air.

So far, it's been running fairly cool and with minimal noise, I do however have a fan on my desk that I direct onto both the macbook air and the drive - see pic that I've added here.

Lastly, no thunderbolt cable is supplied with the unit, so another 30 quid from Apple - so remember to factor this in.

Overall, it's nicely made, works super fast and is great if you need high speed access to files such as for video editing / photography.

Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 Fluid Video Monopod with 701HDV Special Version Head
Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 Fluid Video Monopod with 701HDV Special Version Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for portability, 17 July 2012
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This is the second monopod I've bought for video use, the first was a cheaper unit that just didn't work very well. The Manfrotto BHDV-1 is a quality product and very well made. I bought this for portability and the ability to use it where a video tripod would be too big and it fulfills that role well.

This is my second time out with the monopod, shot using my Sony Nex 5 with a fixed 16mm lens. I'm pleased with it and hopefully it will give you an idea on how footage looks with it.I think I still have to get used to it and start using it more creatively / better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14