Profile for MrMonopoly > Reviews

Mulan (2 Disc Special Edition) [1998] [DVD]
Mulan (2 Disc Special Edition) [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ming-Na
Offered by Renegade Sports Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite Disney movies, ever. Possibly my overall favourite., 16 Mar 2013
Let's get down to business
To review this film...

I'd come up with more words, but I'm not too good at all that...

This movie has everything a great movie needs:
It's swift as the Coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Oh, wait, no, that's a man. My bad.

All joking and songs aside this is one of the best Disney movies and it is so sad that it is so underrated. They should re-release this movie so that more people can find out about it.

This movie is one that I recommend without a doubt. If you haven't seen Mulan yet, then what are you waiting for? The Huns? Ahem...

The Lion King (Diamond Edition) [DVD]
The Lion King (Diamond Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons

5.0 out of 5 stars "Mufasa..." "Say it again! Say it again!", 16 Mar 2013
This was one of my favourite movies as a child. I still think it's an awesome movie now, and I'm eighteen.

This movies is one I would definitely one I'd recommend if you have children, or if you feel like you want to watch a Disney movie yourself. This movie is one of the best.
The characters, the songs. It's got funny parts. Sad parts.

Adult or no, I recommend this movie. One I can watch over and over again. It never gets old for me.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction..., 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
My father has always been an avid listener of rock music, and in recent years I've developed a taste for it too. This was pretty much my introduction to Sabbath. I knew some of the songs because of my father, but some of them I didn't know. So, if rock is your kind of music, or maybe if you've heard some Black Sabbath before but never really listened to them even though you think you'll like them, then I recommend this album. I found it was a great introduction to their music for me.

Nine In The Afternoon (UK Single)
Nine In The Afternoon (UK Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable song..., 16 Mar 2013
Not my favourite Panic! At The Disco song, but certainly up there among some of the favourites.
You'll probably like the song if you like Panic! and if you've never listened to Panic! before but like bands like...FOB, ATL, ect. then you'll probably like this song too.
One of Panic!'s more known songs.

Heart of a Stripper
Heart of a Stripper

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Disappointed, 16 Mar 2013
I feel bad about writing this review, I honestly do, and I do apologise to the author within the review, but this was my opinion of the book. Sorry.

Warning; there are spoilers and pissed off ranting throughout this review.

DNF

At 53% I have given up on this book. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy.

I'm glad that this book was on my Kindle, because if I had a physical copy I'm sure I would've throw it across the room. Several times.

Now, if you know me then you should know that I hate to give bad reviews. I have only ever given a one other one star review before. Even other books that I have not finished tend to get two star reviews because I will try to read them some other time. But this book, it just...infuriated me.

There are lines like; "Sure, she was strong, but she was still a woman." I mean, this book is written by a woman and it has a sexist line like that in it! Ugh! And that's just the beginning.

So apparently, or at least according to Mitchell, Nevaeh must only like him because she has "daddy issues."

So, can a younger woman not like an older man without having "daddy issues" now?

What is this?

This book is over dramatic, predictable, disappointing and infuriating.

I bought this book on the day it was released because I love teacher/student books. Don't know why, just do. Maybe it's the whole "forbidden" thing.
I read the description of this book and was thinking "yeah, this book could be for me."
It wasn't.

When I started reading this book my sister asked me what was wrong, because I was sighing and rolling my eyes so damn much!

I really wanted to like this book, I really did, and I feel like I'm being a bitch to the author for writing this rant/review, but this is simply my opinion on the book, and I only write honest reviews.

Okay, the characters. Each and every character annoyed me in some way or another.
Kaitlin (was that her name?) Oh God, what a BITCH! And I actually predicted stuff that happened with her. (SPOILER; she was sleeping with his father, but that was just so obvious to me.) She was over dramatic, whiny, stereotypical.
His dad was an utter prick! Ugh, just because you're rich doesn't mean you have to be such a bastard.
Adam kind of kept contradicting himself. And he was probably the most likeable character.
Mitchell, he was okay at times. But I mean, he's all mad at Kate for cheating for months, when he's now doing the same thing, with a STUDENT! Jeez, Mitchell, get a grip!
Nevaeh, she's all innocent at times, and I mean, sure, you can be kind of innocent and be a stripper, but she was too innocent for her life experience. And then suddenly she's no longer a virgin and she's in his office trying to have sex. It's like she suddenly gained libido. Please. So, it was her first time, which, if you ask me, was pretty unrealistic anyway, and then she goes to have a shower straight after, and he joins her and suddenly she wants to go again! Are you kidding me?

That is all I can say because if I carry on this rant I am going to go crazy.

I'd like to say sorry to the author, you know, just in case this review hurt your feelings and what not, but this book was not for me. Don't be discouraged though, I'm sure there's someone out there that will love your work.

A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight)
A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight)
by Lisa M. Basso

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall it was an enjoyable read., 19 Feb 2013
My Star Rating; 4*s/5

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes, I would. I would like to continue with the series.

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Fans of Paranormal Romance, YA, and Angels.
Fans of Fallen and Hush, Hush (though even if you didn't like those books you should give this one a try anyway.)

Review; This book started really well for me, I was quite into it from the get go...but then it began to feel like it was dragging on. Then, when we get closer to the end I began to like it again.
This might be because of my tiredness, but I kind of felt the book was repetitive in places, especially with some of Rayna's "issues."

Now, don't get me wrong, because I really did enjoy reading this book, and I would like to continue with the rest of the series, I just feel like I can't love the series, and so am instead in like with this first book.

The Characters;
I felt sorry for Ray, but I couldn't quite connect with her.
I loved Lee, I think there should have been more of him in the book.
There was only one Sally scene, but I quite liked her character because of the eccentric-ness.
Kade. Ah, Kade, I quite liked his character, even if I feel there isn't much to say about him, I just feel like he could become my favourite character.
Cam, I feel there's something more to him, something we don't know yet, and I want to find out what it is, if anything.

The beginning of this book, for me it was good because it started somewhat differently than the other books involving angels that I have read. I was excited for something different in an angel book, and I certainly got that something different.
I also quite liked the writing.

The middle was full of what I'm sure is vital information for the rest of the series, but it was as if we were following a routine, as if she were doing the same things everyday, the only difference was a little more information, so there was a bit where I felt I had to push myself to keep reading. But it got better again, and I started to get back into the story as things started to get a bit more interesting.

The ending makes me want the next book. It was in no way what-so-ever a cliffhanger, but it still made me want to read the next book.

Overall this was an enjoyable book, and I certainly want to read the next book.
Even if it isn't at the top of my to-read list.

Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series)
Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars N/A, 19 Feb 2013
My Rating; 4.75*s out of 5*s

Who would I recommend it to? Fans of adult romance

Review; Mostly I read this book because I was curious. I'd seen several good reviews, and some bad, I was also aware that this was originally Twilight fan fiction. So, I thought I wasn't really going to like it, but my curious side always wins and so when I saw this title on Netgalley I requested it.
Now that I've read this book I can say that I am glad I did.

I liked the characters. I liked them because Chloe wasn't a stupid childlike character, she actually had a bit of a backbone and because Bennett was also a strong characters, but not stupidly so.
If I hadn't of been so tired I probably would have finished this book last night.
It is an east read. I liked the characters a lot, and bits and bobs in the book had me smiling or laughing slightly.
The characters had great chemistry in my eyes, although I felt it may have dived into the story, and the sex just a bit too quickly, but...that also seemed to suit the story.
The sex scenes were good because the characters did have chemistry, I liked Chloe's love of lingerie and Bennett's love of tearing the lingerie from Chloe.

At first, I was worried about this book, because it's an erotica, and originally a Twilight fan fiction, just like fifty shades was, but this is nothing like fifty shades was, this book was so much more than better. I recommend you pick up your copy to read...if you haven't already.
I will definitely be buying myself a copy of this book in the future!

(Received eARC for review from NetGalley.)

The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel
The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars This book left me speechless..., 19 Feb 2013
My Rating; 5*s

Will I read anything else by this author? I would love to read anything this author writes in the future.

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Everybody.

Review; What does one say about a book like The Sea of Tranquillity? Well, I find I have nothing to say, simply because this book has left me speechless. I don't know what to say about this book.
I love everything about this book, every little thing and you can bet I'll never forget it. It's going to be a favourite and I'm going to have to buy my own copy of this book. Or maybe several copies so that I can give some to my friends and force them to read it and fall in love too...

This book is one of those books with all the raging reviews, one of the books that your not sure about, because a lot of the time a book doesn't live up to the reviews.
The Sea of Tranquillity does live up to those reviews.

The characters are amazing. They're real. The kind of characters you wish you knew in real life...well most of them are.
The plot, well you've seen damaged person meets another damaged person before, but you have not seen it the way Katja Millay writes it.

I feel like I'm not doing this book justice and like I'm not forming coherent sentences. Like I can't put into words how amazing this book is, how much of an impact it has.

There are only two things that I feel I need to tell you about this book:
This book is beyond amazing.
You should read this book.

That is all, because if I say anything else I will just be repeating how amazing the book is and it really will become incoherent. Pre-order this book! You won't regret it.

Obsidian (Lux Novel)
Obsidian (Lux Novel)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Obsidian (Lux Novel) (Paperback)
My Rating; 5*s

Would I read anything else by this author? Definitely, I can see her becoming one of my favourite authors.

Would I recommend this book? Do you even need to ask? Yes, I recommend this book.

Who would I recommend it to? I would say all, but I understand that that would be too vague, so all of you who like romance, YA, fantasy/science fiction...

Review; Okay,I can't believe I waited so long to read this book. I loved it.
Daemon is a jerk, but I love him anyway. Dee is awesome. Katy is also awesome. I just, I love these characters and I need to read the second book, like, nowish.

I don't really think there was anything I disliked about this book, other than a few characters which you're supposed to dislike anyway.

Now, what I liked about this book. Sure, I could just say everything, but that would probably be a bit too vague.

What I liked about this book was...it wasn't all about the romance (I just hate when books are all about the romance,) this book has plot, and no love triangles.
Katy has a backbone! I do love heroines with a backbone, rather than those who cower away from the action and are people pleasers.
Daemon Black. Yes, this is a valid reason.
Dee, her personality, and the fact that Katy's friends weren't bitches. I hate when the heroine has these supposed friends that are just nothing like friends. None of that in this book.
Before we find out that they're aliens (it says this in the description, so this is not a spoiler,) there are so many little mentions of aliens and ET. It made me laugh, actually, quite a few parts of this book made me laugh.

And, I'm going to stop there before I gush too much and give too much away.

You should definitely pick up a copy of this book if you haven't already. I loved it and I hope you will too.

I'm off to read the sequel.

Beyond Shame (Beyond, Book #1)
Beyond Shame (Beyond, Book #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha, 19 Feb 2013
My Rating; 4.5*s

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes, I most definitely would.

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Those who like dystopia novels, those who like erotic romance books, people over 18. I think that most people should give this book a try. An erotic dystopia is definitely something new to me.

Review; This book was my first erotic dystopia novel, and I definitely want to try some more of them.

Bad Things About This Book;
The only bad thing for me was that there wasn't enough information about Eden and the sectors. I suppose that there might be more information in the other three books, I hope there is.
It's not that we don't get enough information, because there was some information, more so towards the end, but I'd still like to know a little more about why the world is like that, and what's going on within the world.
That is my only bad thing.

Good Things About This Book;
- The characters. Oh, I am in love with the characters.
- There's a plot. A lot of time with erotic novels there seems to be no plot, and nothing happening but sex, sex, sex. This book did have a lot of sex, sex, sex, but it also had a plot. Stuff happening other than the sex.
- The sex scenes were well written and pretty hot (in my opinion.)
- There are tries and troubles in the relationships, which makes it much more realistic. The sex and the relationship was slightly fast, but it totally worked within the books, with everything else going on and such.
- Pretty much everything.

I seriously need the sequel to this book, like now, but it's not out until March!
This is a book I think y'all should try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8