Profile for MrMonopoly > Reviews

Anna and the French Kiss
Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as fluffy as you might expect!, 4 Oct. 2012
Who would I recommend this book to? Those who enjoy chick-lit and young adult contemporary romance.

Review; When I saw the name and cover of this book I was like; "Ugh, chick-lit to the max!" When I started reading this book I was still not sure about it, but when I finished this book several hours later I was like; "Wow, when can I get the next one?" Whilst this book is still chick-lit it is not boring, dull, or completely cliché! At least in my opinion it's not.
I did have a bit of a problem with the beginning. Anna seemed like one of those, "I have everything, but I hate everything and complain about everything" characters. Thank goodness she wasn't! She wasn't too whiny, but she did complain a bit too much in places, but she understood that in the end. Which eventually led me to like those flaws.
The people had flaws! Nobody was perfect which I loved! I fell in love with all the main characters, but I liked Etienne, Anna and Rashimi best!
Looking at this book you'd probably think "what a load of fluff" but I'm happy to tell you you'd be wrong! There's some fluff, that's to be expected, but it is also a great book that doesn't just focus on a relationship. This is a great book, I'd totally recommend it!

Wellesley Wives (New England Trilogy Book 1)
Wellesley Wives (New England Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humour, Chick-lit, and real life problems..., 4 Oct. 2012
Who would I recommend it to? Those who like Chick-lit and some humour with that chick-lit

Review; Sometimes the stories in woman's fiction and books that are classed as chick-lit are rushed. This was not the case with Wellesley Wives! The stories and lives of the characters were slowly introduced!
This is the kind of book you can get emotionally attached to. You laugh with the characters. You cry with the characters. You root for certain characters. You just can't help but be pulled into their lives. Even though this book alternates POVs, you can still easily get attached to the characters. Which can be hard with alternating POVs occasionally.
What I loved is that even though the characters live the rich lifestyle, they were still human. They had flaws, they had problems! When do you ever get a book set in the rich world with real characters? Now, finally!
As each individual woman goes through their hardships you can't help but feel for them! And root for them! You just hope they'll pull through. But most of the time we are all stronger than we first think.
This book was written just right! It really shows you that you should always persevere when life take a bad turn, and it also shows us that money isn't everything. What's most important are the people that are there.
I can't wait to see what Suzy gives us next!
This is definitely a book I would recommend, I hope you pick up your copy soon!

The Bermudez Triangle
The Bermudez Triangle
by Maureen Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars I guess I just expected more..., 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Bermudez Triangle (Paperback)
Who would I recommend it to? Everybody who likes YA and realistic romance fiction.

Review; I'm half happy with this book. There were things I enjoyed. But I was only half happy with the ending. Nina was stupid. That's all I can say.
This book made me laugh out loud in parts, but honestly I was expecting more, I wanted more romance, more friendship, more everything. Maybe this was because of the way it was narrated. It needed to be narrated by 3 people, but I don't think the POV changes were done in a good enough way.
This is a book I could read again. There were some quite good parts, but it's not going on my favourites list.
Overall an okay book that I would still recommend.

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, Book 3)
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, Book 3)
by Cassandra Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars City of what happens next?, 4 Oct. 2012
Who would I recommend it to? Those who liked the first two books in the series, and those who didn't.

This book does draw to a conclusion, but I still can't wait to see what Cassandra Clare will throw at me next. I'm wondering where the series could possibly go...
This, by far, is my favourite book in the series so far! There was more to it, more action, more stuff going on.
Jace wasn't being as much of douche. And there was so much going on with other characters too! I laughed at times, and I cried at times.
I wish I owned book four right now, but I don't. The end does conclude, but I love this series so much, that I want more from it. I can't wait for the movie next year either!
This series, so far, is great. It will make you feel for the characters. Which is what a good book is supposed to do! I recommend this series. All of it, including the book I haven't read yet!

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
by Cassandra Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars City of Feels., 4 Oct. 2012
Who would I recommend it to? Probably fans of Young Adult novels, and fantasy fans. (There are lots of fantasy creatures in the book.)

So. Many. Feels. There are no words for the amount of feelings this book and its events cause so I will just call them feels. Major Feels.
Let's start with the characters. The characters personalities made them slightly more real to me. Which made me like them and the book slightly more.
I liked Clary the most. Probably because she stood up for herself slightly. She didn't make whatever boys liked her wait on her, hand and foot.
The ending seemed conclusive, but it was not. I still have so many questions! (Which is why I'm glad I own the second and third book!)
There are still a lot of questions to be answered. I won't put any of them here because it will give away bit of the story and we don't want that!
Honestly this book is a bit hard to review right now because I've already started reading the sequel, but it is a good book. Well I enjoyed it anyway. (It's a good fandom to be a part of on Tumblr too!)
All in all I think this book is quite good. A series you can get attached to and feel a part of.
I'd recommend it to all my followers and anybody else who happens to read this post.

Olympus VN-711PC DNS Voice Recorder with DNS Speech Recognition Software, Flash 2GB Memory, WMA and Up to 72 Hours Battery Life - Grey
Offered by Escador

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use with clear and loud sound!, 4 Oct. 2012
This product was a birthday gift, because I am a writer, my father thought it might be helpful to get me one of these. So far I have found it to be great!
There is one problem I have had with this product so far. The instructions. They are not very helpful. You get about 5 pages of complicated, muddled up instructions. Then it goes on to explain nothing again in other languages. Thankfully the product is easy to use and figure out by yourself!
One of the things that really amazed me about the product is how clear and loud the sound is. Even if you whisper, or speak from a distance! It is also easy to transfer files onto you PC.
It takes quite a long time to install the programme onto your computer, so make sure you have enough time to do it! I have not yet tried the speech to text feature, but it seems really convenient. And I'm sure, just like the product itself, it will be easy to use!
If you are looking into getting a Dictaphone, I would highly recommend this one! It is easy to use, and convenient, not to mention small enough to fit in a pocket!

In the Barn (Sibling Lust Series Book 2)
In the Barn (Sibling Lust Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointing!, 3 Oct. 2012
I'm actually quite disappointed. Selena Kitt is my favourite erotica author, but this book just wasn't as good as most of her other work. I expected better.
This book was still written quite well, but it was too short. There was something missing from the story. I still recommend that you try if you have not tried any other books by Selena Kitt, but if you have you will probably be as disappointed as me. Try Under Mr Nolan's Bed if you are looking to read a Selena Kitt book!

Perfect Chemistry
Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles

5.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but I still loved it., 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Perfect Chemistry (Paperback)
I had wanted to read this book for a long time and had very high expectations. I was not disappointed. Sure, there are flaws in this book, but there are flaws in every book. Despite its flaws I still absolutely adored this book! The ending was slightly rushed though. Not the epilogue, the ending before that!
I would recommend this book. I'm not 100% on the audience I would recommend it too. But I'd recommend it.
I can't wait to see what the other books in this series have to offer. I love books like this! The whole "despite the different background" thing. And the "we're supposed to hate each other, but instead we love each other" kind of thing. So I'd love to see what the next 2 books have to offer!

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
by Morgan Matson

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you can fall in love with..., 3 Oct. 2012
Who would I recommend it to? Everyone, but mainly those who like road trip novels and realistic, contemporary ya fiction.

Review; One of the (many) things I love about this book is that Amy suffers from anxiety, and you can tell that. She's not one of those characters that is "socially awkward" and made out to be an anxious person. No, you can see that she has actually symptoms of anxiety, and that the awkwardness is an added effect of the anxiety. As someone who suffers from anxiety, I appreciate the more true portrait.
The character development was great. We learned more and more about Amy and Roger as the book went on, and in the end I had a picture in my mind of who Amy and Roger were/are.
All of the characters were great. I fell in love with even the small characters. Because every single one of them was human. Every single one of them had flaws. But every single one of them also had a personality that you couldn't help but love. Except for maybe one character. *cough* Hadley *cough*
You know, I'm not entirely sure there was anything I disliked about this book. Sure, it has flaws, what book doesn't? But I didn't seem to notice any. Well, maybe the way Amy changed so fast. She went from Anxiety Girl to Almost Confident Girl seemingly overnight! Or maybe that the book is only set over about a week. And that there wasn't more Andrew and Derek! I liked both of their characters instantly, but they are only in the book for a few pages!
But overall this book is an amazing, slightly emotional read, that has romance, and a back story! I'd recommend it!

Tina (Taboo Forbidden Erotica)
Tina (Taboo Forbidden Erotica)

4.0 out of 5 stars Selena Kitt is a great erotica author, 27 Sept. 2012
Selena Kitt is my favourite erotica author. I love most of her books so far. This book was no different, it could have been longer, probably needed to be really. It is not her best work, but it is still worth the read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9