Profile for Psimikakis Chalkokondylis > Reviews

Content by Psimikakis Cha...

Psimikakis Chalkokondylis "seandranzo" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Tea Makers of London Ceylon Earl Grey Supreme Black Loose Leaf Tea with Bergamot Oil, 125 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy five stars., 1 April 2016
One of the best Earl Grey's I've had. Rich floral aromas, full-bodied and robust in the mouth, and just really well balanced. A bit skeptic about the addition of blue corn flowers, but the really bring out something very special in this tea. Not much more I can say!

(Another favourite is the Staunton Earl Grey by The East India Company, which uses a blend of Neroli and Begamot oils, so has a slightly different profile yet still very balanced and enjoyable.)

Full LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly With Frame for LG Nexus 4 E960 + Tools
Offered by Winmaxcn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth it., 24 Nov. 2014
There is a saying in Finland, that "poor people can't afford to buy cheap stuff." And it's true.

I was happy to see it working after a flawless installation (thanks to Youtube videos) - however there were a few issues since the very beginning: touch sensitivity was visibly off (whereas previously I could type very quickly and precisely, with the new screen this was not an option and I had to pay extra attention when typing), and colouring was a bit off too (there's a big yellow mark/"stain" where the taskbar is, which is visible when viewing documents on adobe full-screen, for example, or turning the phone sideways).

The screen also has failed me on numerous occasions in low light, acting erratically and making it impossible so much as to tap a button. After a reboot it had worked a bit better for a while.

Also battery consumption was higher than with original screen, and is something I've had to be conscious about and reduce usage of the screen in order for the battery to last me as long as it used to.

The biggest drawback of all, though, is that not even 3 months after using the new screen (with a screen protector and being extra careful with the phone at all times), a very thin crack spontaneously (i.e. seemingly uncaused by any drops or harsh handling, as that day I had been using it as normal) formed around the middle of the screen, and within the day it had expanded from left to right, making that area more sensitive and inconsistent with touch: sometimes it works, and others I can't even press a button because it acts so erratically.

Now I am having to find a replacement soon, before the screen becomes entirely unusable. I am investing in a new phone altogether, keeping this one for parts in case something else (other than the screen) breaks down. That's 40 quid down the drain, I should have invested in a new phone from the beginning.

All in all, if you really care to fix your phone's broken screen, either buy the original or buy a new phone. The Moto G, for example, is a good alternative to the Nexus (and cheaper than a new original screen). And trust me, you'll get fed up of a malfunctioning screen much more quickly than you will get fed up by the lack of some features.

Only reason I am not giving it one star is because I was surprised how cheap a new screen can be, chinese/imitation/barely functional or not.

GM Linseed Oil - 100 ml
GM Linseed Oil - 100 ml
Offered by Wisdens Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough., 22 Nov. 2011
This review is from: GM Linseed Oil - 100 ml (Sports)
Looks ok so far, I have applied a couple of layers on my knife handle so we'll see how it goes.

Only thing I am not very happy about is that it doesn't say whether it is "boiled" or raw linseed oil, which would be helpful in terms of knowing how to apply it properly.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
by Milan Kundera

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Oct. 2011
This is a beautiful, simple yet sophisticated novel which involves the story of many intertwined lives, revealing aspects of our own lives, our expectations, and how we relate to love, war, death, or infidelity.

I particularly like the stream of consciousness moments when the narrator ends up discussing the author's characters as characters, or is talking directly to the reader expressing some seemingly random thoughts, before returning to narrating the story and letting the reader be immersed once more into the ocean of his poetic prose.

A must read - I wish I could read Czech and read it in its native language but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon (if ever)!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 13 Oct. 2011
I have been using bicycle decks for magic tricks for years, and they have remained the top high-quality accessible brand for this purpose, used by magicians all around the world. They really are a classic.

The finish is great, they slide perfectly, and just feel great in the hands. Treat them well and they'll last for a long time.

1000 Mile 1963 Tri Sock White Large
1000 Mile 1963 Tri Sock White Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Did their job!, 13 Oct. 2011
I bought them for a cycling tour I did last summer, from London to Venice, and they did what they said - definitely lasted the 1,000 miles! The fit my feet perfectly (size 9), left no blisters whatsoever, and dried very quickly. Extremely comfortable (albeit being very thin) and lightweight, simply great!

A Choreographer's Handbook
A Choreographer's Handbook
by Jonathan Burrows

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book, 13 Oct. 2011
A great book. Or you may think otherwise, and that's equally valid (as the author might have said).

I found this immensely beautifully written, and very helpful. Burrows writes like a John Cage would write about music, only in a much more concentrated, less extravagant (but no less sophisticated or intelligent) manner, using a simple structure, comprehensible ideas, and sharing invaluable experiences and thoughts on anything from structure to content of choreography, as well as music and other arts.

Really, this is an Artist's Handbook, not a choreographers but on the other hand - which artist is not really a choreographer?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2016 10:24 PM GMT

Gift Songs (Cape Poetry)
Gift Songs (Cape Poetry)
by John Burnside

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice read, 13 Oct. 2011
A very pleasant read. Like other of Burns' writings, it has this nostalgic, childhood-reminiscing feel, but in a language that is deep and simply meaningful. Very nice read, better than your average poetry collection book, although not Burns' best.

Home Brew & Wine Making - VinClasse® Campden Tablets x 50
Home Brew & Wine Making - VinClasse® Campden Tablets x 50
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Oct. 2011
Used them to sterilise bottles for storing elderflower cordial last spring/summer - worked really neatly, and didn't leave any taste in the water. Elderflower cordial now lasts for a long long time, which is good because we can enjoy it in the winter!

Master Class Acero Stainless Carbon Steel Single-Blade Mezzaluna / Hachoir, 18 cm (7")

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 13 Oct. 2011
Very sharp, comes in neat packaging and does its job very very well. I used to have a cheaper one, but this is really good. I used it to make pesto, and also chop vegetables, herbs and spices.

Use with wooden board to prolong the life of the sharpened edge.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5