Profile for Woodyjon > Reviews

Bracoo Adjustable Tennis/golf Elbow Strap, One Size
Bracoo Adjustable Tennis/golf Elbow Strap, One Size
Offered by Comfytopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fiver I have ever spent!, 24 Jun. 2013
I have to admit to being more than a little sceptical about this product, but.........

A few days ago I was diagnosed by my GP as having golfer's elbow and it was getting extremely painful, she recommended that I get a splint or brace to wear that would create a new pivot point and allow the damaged tendon to rest. Well I got the cheapest I could find because I didn't think it would work, but after wearing it for a couple of hours I noticed an amazing difference- my arm didn't hurt. There is one, very minor, drawback- it does sweat a little, but nothing to worry about.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Dec. 2012
I am short so I have no issues with the length of the back or the arms. They are lovely and warm, so much so I have ordered another two!

Hypnia 8 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Single Size 3ft x 6ft3
Hypnia 8 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Single Size 3ft x 6ft3

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 25 Nov. 2012
It was a little worrying to see how small the package was!! But, after opening the plastic wrapper, the mattress soon started filling out. I left it for about 24 hours and then put it on my bed, at first it was like lying on a board but as it warmed I found myself sinking into a perfectly me-shaped hole- and there I stayed all night!!! I have had it about a month now and I can't understand why I haven't invested in one before.........absolute blissful comfort!!!!

Edimax Ew-7711utn 11n 150Mbps Mini-size Usb Adapter
Edimax Ew-7711utn 11n 150Mbps Mini-size Usb Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Diamond!!!, 5 July 2010
I bought this to replace a very old Belkin USB Adapter that kept dropping the signal. When I first saw it I had some doubts- how can something this small actually work? Well it does, it picks up twice as many home networks (I live on a housing estate) and takes up a lot less room!! I did have a slight problem with loading but when I realised it was my fault it was a doddle!! I hadn't realised that they meant ALL "Found New Hardware" boxes had to be cancelled (the picture in the instructions showed a different box to mine) and you let the supplied CD do the setting up for you. The supplied "bendy" USB cable is very handy for giving the adapter the chance to pick up a stronger signal. So, all in all, I can't fault it!!

BullGuard Internet Security version 8.5, 3 user license, 1 year subscription (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 10 Feb. 2010
I purchased this because I realised that Norton (who I've used for a few years) were trying to charge me more for a subscription renewal than it would have cost buying new from Amazon!!
This has been very easy to load (on XP) and after doing a scan with it there were nearly 40 infected files that had been previously missed!!! Plus my computer seems to be running a lot faster too. Great value for money and a lot cheaper than certain others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 18 Oct. 2009
Wow, this is a dinky little mouse!! It probably would be a bit too small for big hands, but I find it great to use. The mouse was wearing out on my laptop and I needed something to replace it and this is ideal, right price and very quick delivery!!

Tales of the North Coast (Beautiful and Remote North Coast of Scotland from Melvich to)
by Alan Temperley

5.0 out of 5 stars A biased report, 26 Jun. 2009
As a former pupil of Farr Secondary School on the North coast of Scotland, I was one of those responsible for helping to gather and write up these tales. I remember that it was really fascinating talking to the old people and listening to them retell these stories that have been handed down generation by generation. Published in the 70's, hopefully this book will help to continue that tradition.

The Vegetative Key to the British Flora
The Vegetative Key to the British Flora
by J. Poland

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit!!, 30 May 2009
This is an excellent book. Messrs Poland and Clement have invented a whole new system of keys. They are so easy to use that I managed to get the hang of them within ten minutes of taking the book out of its packaging!! As a botanist I would recommend this book to all others of the same persuasion, both amateur and professional. I have to admit to being a little dubious about buying this book, but it has now taken the place of Francis Rose's Keys in my backpack!!

Daily Telegraph Big Book of Brain Boosting Cryptic Crosswords
Daily Telegraph Big Book of Brain Boosting Cryptic Crosswords
by Telegraph Group Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs editing before publication, 25 Feb. 2009
Some good crosswords at the beginning of the book but the errors get worse towards the middle. Wrong grids, wrong number of letters for clues etc. Very frustrating!!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 9:44 AM BST

The Wild Flower Key (Revised Edition) - How to identify wild plants, trees and shrubs in Britain and Ireland
by Francis Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision, 9 July 2008
I'm sorry, Tony in Edinburgh, but if this book is bigger than the Edinburgh 'phone book; then there can't be too many people who have 'phones!! I have just purchased a copy of the "keys" and put it straight into my backpack. I have been using the original version for many years as a professional botanist (in fact it was my "Bible") and it was literally falling apart. This new version is even easier to use than the last, I would recommend it to anybody interested in British flora.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3