Profile for Morseman > Reviews

Morseman

Kodak ESP-3 All-in-One Printer, Copier and Scanner
Kodak ESP-3 All-in-One Printer, Copier and Scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars What a load of junk!, 1 Oct 2012
I bought one for my partners PC and then another for my work PC. I wish that I had not bothered.

What a load of junk!

The printer ink runs out faster than a HP and the image printed is worse than a Canon.

The ink seems to clog up between prints, so you have to cycle the printer before you print or else the 1st pages are illegible.

On photographs, the quality is far less than acceptable. I shoot in NEF on my Nikon D90 and 14MB on my company compact. I've many years of experience with B&W and Colour film shooting and printing and the Kodak ESP C315 is nowhere near a minimum requirement for printing pictures from either camera on even A4 stock. Don't even get me going on B&W prints - lots and lots of lines down the image are *not* acceptable either.

As as scanner, it's acceptable, but I bought this as a printer and not as a scanner...

If you want a printer, keep well clear of Kodak, they are really not worth the money, in my opinion.

Things Can Only Get Bitter: The Lost Generation of 1992
Things Can Only Get Bitter: The Lost Generation of 1992
Price: 1.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 21 Sep 2012
A very funny and interesting history of New Labour. Easily read on my HTC smartphone.

I remember the times and it was interesting to read what had been going on behind the scenes as well.

Thanks.

Upstairs At Eric's
Upstairs At Eric's

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite album, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Upstairs At Eric's (Audio CD)
I have this on vinyl from many years ago so wanted the CD to be able to play it in the car.

The disc arrived promptly and plays well, no scratches or any other obvious signs of wear and tear on the disc. The case was a little damaged, but they can be replaced easily and cheaply.

Thanks for the CD.

Ice Maker Machine - Counter Top Ice Machine - New Compact Model - No Plumbing Required - 15kg Ice In 24 Hours
Offered by Paramount Zone COM UK
Price: 249.99

2.0 out of 5 stars They break down, 21 Sep 2012
I have had several of these units and have now decided not to buy anymore.

After between 6 months and a years worth of use they breakdown. Typically the gears inside the unit seem to strip and the tray wont move. Often the tray does not drop all of the ice cubes, so some are left in the tray and get caught up in the new cubes, which then becomes a solid lump which jams the tray.

This has happened to several units, so it seems like a design fault.

I have decided to look for a freezer with an ice maker built in instead, as they may be more reliable and long lasting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 4:13 PM BST

Panasonic DMC-S3WKIT-2012 Digital Camera Olympic Version with Olympic Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact camera, 21 Sep 2012
Bought this for someone who was going to Mexico on Honeymoon. The camera worked well and they came back with nearly 200 pictures of their holiday. Thanks for the very prompt delivery in time for their holiday.

1001 Beers: You Must Try Before You Die
1001 Beers: You Must Try Before You Die
by Adrian Tierney-Jones
Price: 20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Did they count correctly?, 27 Oct 2011
I was bought the book "1001 Beers you must try before you die" and have already had a lot of enjoyment looking up my favourite beers and reading about many more that I had not heard of before.

The fact that I started to record in the book the ones I had tried and, despite another review comment, some of the beers are available 'on tap' in pubs in the UK, meant that I decided to make a spreadsheet of all of the beers together with details of brewery, date 1st brewed and ABV. However, after listing all of the beers I can only find 1000 beers and I've checked and rechecked the listing and I'm almost sure it's correct.

So, maybe the title needs to be amended, or another beer added?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 10:04 AM GMT