Profile for Brady Orme > Reviews

Content by Brady Orme

Brady Orme (Edgbaston, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Durex Ultra Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 14
Durex Ultra Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 14
Offered by Surelifehealth
Price: 15.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin and Durable - Let's Be Pragmatic Here, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's quite difficult to review condoms without delving into euphemisms about bodily fluids and the like - But whilst trying to be as tasteful as possible, I can attest that these condoms have A) Not broken on me as of yet, and B) are thin and thus feel as close to non-existent as possible whilst still being protected. And that's all you really want from a product like this, isn't it?

I'll recommend this product without reservation, and this isn't something you really can't do without.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014, Frustration-Free Packaging (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects You Like A Digital Mac, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm usually a McAfee user to be perfectly honest, but as I'm an afficiando for trying new things I decided to try the Kaspersky variant of anti-virus software for once (well, when it comes to change it's a start). I found Kaspersky's interface and ease of use quite similar to the above, hence I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

It is capable of constructing a formidable firewall to protect your PC and inoculates against any threats you so desire. The scans (quick, comprehensive or otherwise) are speedy and don't disrupt your workflow unlike other anti-virus is capable is doing.

So recommended then; also it's value-for-money and lasts a year.

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
Price: 18.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtual Armour, So There., 20 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I purchased a new Sony Vaio laptop last year it came with McAfee Antivirus installed on a free trial - this lightly-packaged disc is a cheap, quick way to extend the virus protection on your PC that seems to cover all the bases, from a comprehensive scan of your disc for any threats and Trojans, to a seemingly impermeable firewall that prevents any threats from manifesting in the first place. The interface is easy to understand, it breaks down your options and the security status of your your PC at any given time, and alerts you to anything that requires your attention.

All-in-all, I prefer this to any other AntiVirus protection I've used in the past (including Norton and Kaspersky), so I would recommend trying it out. Cheap and to the point.

Alpen Raspberry 560 g (Pack of 6)
Alpen Raspberry 560 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 16.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Muesli Is As Muesli Does..., 20 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite like Muesli in all it's variants, although Granola I like slightly more, if you catch my drift. Although Raspberry is one of my favourites, so it does kind of jazz it up for me. Alpen has never been one I've preferred, but this new variant with the inclusion of raspberry means I enjoyed it. Also, it stayed crunchy and satisfying for a while after the box was opened, which I've found doesn't always happen when you open breakfast cereals, as I'm sure everybody was aware of as well.

So buy this if you like Muesli, and one that feels fresh as well, even after a week later.

Weetabix Golden Syrup Biscuits 12 (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Golden Syrup Biscuits 12 (Pack of 5)
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cereal With Some Syrup In It - In Biscuit Form!, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Weetabix is a mainstay in breakfast culture, we can't deny that - having been fed it with warm milk since the late '70s (and often with some Lyles Golden Syrup dribbled on top) it's obvious that in our speedy culture of today that some bright spark would look for ways to combine these flavours without having to go out and do it yourself. So voila! Weetabix with the golden syrup already infused.

It's the Weetabix we've grown accustomed to obiviously, although the flavour of syrup isn't *quite* as strong as I would hope for, but as a purveyor of "over-flavouring" stuff with sauces and the like this ma be due to my palate and not the fault of the product though. All-in-all, for breakfast cereals that warm you up in winter you can't really go wrong with this, so eat and forget we supposedly like in a granola and bran age.

Cole & Mason Derwent Salt & Pepper Mill Giftset, Stainless Steel, 190mm
Cole & Mason Derwent Salt & Pepper Mill Giftset, Stainless Steel, 190mm
Offered by KG Homewares
Price: 51.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Minerals as High Art, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I never thought of salt and pepper mills as an aesthetically pleasing product - just something to grind down our favourite mixtures of spices and Sodium Chloride before we eat, that sort of thing. But I must admit that it was a great pleasure to dump my old grinders and replace them with these heavy duty bad boys. Large, heavy, well made and covered in brushed steel they made an impression the moment I took them out of their well-hewn box.

There's not much I can say about them really apart from what I've said above, except that these will look great in your kitchen and dining room and they scream "look at me, I've finally become a member of the Bourgeois!", and isn't that what Tony Blair wanted for all of us? Buy, gourmet, buy.

R206 Portable Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot + SIM with Preloaded 2x1GB Data. Connect your Kindle Fire Tablet to the Internet on the Go
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindles Becoming Their Own Satellites, 18 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I own two Kindles - one the standard, the other a Kindle Fire and with the latter you of course only have the wi-fi option out of the box, which kind of stunts the possibilities you can have with the Fire when you're out and about. However, thanks to an influx of portable "hotspots" now available on the market, this solves this problem as long as you're willing to buy some data from your favourite provider.

The Vodafone R206 Hotspot (manufactured by Huawei) is one such option which I have had the pleasure to try out, and as it comes with 2 GB of data preloaded (i.e. you don't have to pay for this) you at least get to try-before-you-commit, in a way. The 3G signal you get from an open environment seems competent enough, and as anything above zero is a plus, you can fault it. and of course you can theoretically use this device with a wide-range of gadgets that you wish to take out with you, so the possibilities are endless.

A good option for universal wi-fi then, as long as you're willing to part with about 10 a month. If you own multiple tablets, then why can't you?

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury Dual Mode Gaming Headset with SBX (PS4 / PC / MAC  / Smart devices)
Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury Dual Mode Gaming Headset with SBX (PS4 / PC / MAC / Smart devices)
Price: 44.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Be Abused By 12-year olds In Quality Audio!, 17 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Many of the cheaper headsets you can purchase for your PC are notoriously bad - plastic, brittle, look like something you may have used in conjunction with a 1986 Walkman with diagonal lettering on the side. But! Many hardware manufacturers have stepped up to the plate to give us quality alternatives (At a higher price, naturally). Creative have been purveyors of PC / console sound for quite some time now and this headset is no shrinking violet - it encompasses half your head and blasts your ears without giving you that particular ache that can develop around the ears when wearing these things.

The package also includes SBX Pro Studio Advanced Audio Processing Software which apparently enhances the sound, and "scout mode" that improves your chances whilst multigaming? not something I have had the urge to try out as of yet, the sound of these headphones are good enough without seeking our more. The only gripe I have is the one I mentioned earlier, they make you feel like you have pillows stapled to your face. Other than that, give them a try.

ZyXEL NBG6503 AC750 Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Home Router
ZyXEL NBG6503 AC750 Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless Home Router
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 47.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay Backup For A Ubiquitous Household Item.., 9 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dual Broadband home routers are an everyday part of the average home nowadays, basically unless you live on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight (next to a bog) you are required to have one by law. Of course, all the big broadband providers tend to issue their customers with their own brand of kit, and I must admit my Virgin superhub (and before the a BT hub) has never given me a moment of stress since I received it. However, I realise having a backup can never hurt, and this ZyXEL NBG6503 Home Router has been the one I've chosen.

After replacing the Virgin Superhub (and going through the irritation of changing the WPA details on my phone and PC, as well as installing the installation software on the CD for the latter) it improved my WiFi fortunes considerably - it worked straight out of the box (I doubt I actually needed the installation software actually) and I noticed an uptick in streaming HD films from Netflix and in the load rate of URL pages. Also, I have been informed that if you don't want to lose the superhub completely you can revert the hub into a modem and use the XyKEL as an attached router (but this seems cosmetic).

All-in-all this is a marked improvement to the average mbps we get from the Virgin equipment - it goes to show that the big corporations tend to give out lowest-common-denominator stuff, and its up to the consumer to find the state-of-the-art.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man
Price: 29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars It Sands Your Skin Off - What's Not To Like?, 14 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suffer from a large build-up of skin on the backs of my feet due to walking large distances in heavy boots - not something I really want to cultivate, so a way to remove them with as little fuss as possible is something I've been looking for. The Emjoi Micro Pedi Man is a good, cheap way to "sand" away the dead bulit-up skin on your feet in the same way you would sand a piece of wood. Apply it brusquely to your feet and you will soon be marvelling at the pile of skin powder that has accumulated beneath it. How can any aesthete complain about that?

The largest gripe I have about this product is that the mechanism itself and the sand paper that wraps around it seems to be of a cheap construction and not made to last - the first time I used the Emjoi the rotating bit fell out more that three times, and the sandpaper already looks worn. But then again what do you want for a price like this? It'll do what it says on the tin, just don't expect it to do so forever.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16