Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for karen > Reviews

Content by karen

karen

Page: 1 | 2
The Penguin Lessons
The Penguin Lessons
by Tom Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart-warming read, 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Penguin Lessons (Hardcover)
A wonderful, charming book that is full of warmth. I think almost anyone, of any age, would enjoy this, and no one could fail to fall in love with Juan Salvador the Penguin.

Memoirs of a Dipper
Memoirs of a Dipper
by Nell Leyshon

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Memoirs of a Dipper (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant read. The central character, Gary, is quite unforgettable, as is the underworld he inhabits. I was pulled in from the very first page and couldn't put it down.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday must-have, 4 Jun. 2015
I love this - towel, scarf, wrap, sunbathing mat or sarong - so useful!

360 White LED Snowing Icicles Christmas Lights (Indoor or Outdoor)
360 White LED Snowing Icicles Christmas Lights (Indoor or Outdoor)

5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas lights, 3 Jan. 2015
Really pleased with these lights. Just what we wanted, nice and long, and a much better price than other similar lights. Definitely recommend these.

The Letter for the King
The Letter for the King
by Tonke Dragt

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed by mother and son, 15 Sept. 2014
My 11-year-old son had just finished a marathon stint reading 'Lord of the Rings' and loved it so much he was reluctant to pick up any other book. I managed to tempt him with this, and he has thoroughly enjoyed it. I've read it too, and found it very engaging. It's a straight forward quest story, set in an imaginary land with a young heroic protagonist who has many obstacles to overcome. I think it's perfect for the 10-13 age group.

Never Say Die
Never Say Die
by David Tinkler

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Never Say Die (Paperback)
My thirteen-year-old son really enjoyed this. He was intrigued by the alternative history presented by the book, and said it was a very exciting read.

Minecraft: AWESOME Building Ideas
Minecraft: AWESOME Building Ideas
by Minecraft Books

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 31 Mar. 2014
Ordered this for my two sons, who were very disappointed with it. It's a very slim volume, and the typeface is huge, so there is very little text in this at all. Most of the pages are filled with large, very poor quality black-and-white pictures of a Minecraft screen. The 'projects' described are very basic. This book is purely a way of cashing in on the popularity of Minecraft. To be honest, my sons could put together a better book than this.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, 13 Jan. 2014
I'd got to my mid-forties without ever really feeling the need to diet. However, having been a steady weight for years I finally had to admit that it was slowly creeping upwards, until I was about a stone over what I felt comfortable with. Joined a gym and felt fitter, but didn't really lose any weight. So I decided to give this a try as I liked the sound of the health benefits linked with fasting, on top of the hoped-for weight loss.

I've always pretty much eaten what I wanted, so the idea of fasting was quite scary at first - I was scared of feeling hungry. But Dr Mosley is right when he says that the hunger doesn't build and build until it is unbearable; instead it comes in a wave of tummy rumbling and if you stick it out, have a drink of water, it passes. And discovering this gave me a great feeling of control. Six months on, I've lost a stone with relative ease.

I can't be bothered with the different recipes, I just stick to scrambled eggs for brekkie and the delicious lentil dahl from the book (with a pile of broccoli) for dinner. I actually look forward to my fast days now, especially after an indulgent weekend. I'll be switching to the maintence diet of 6:1 soon, but I know that any time I need to I can just return to 5:2. As everyone says, this is a diet for life, simple and effective.

Tate and Lyle Pouring Maple Flavour Syrup 454g
Tate and Lyle Pouring Maple Flavour Syrup 454g
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars hard to find in shops, 7 Sept. 2013
Always used to get this in Tesco but they stopped doing it, so pleased to find it here. Delicious on porridge.

Risk Board Game
Risk Board Game
Offered by AAA Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Risk Board Game (Toy)
My husband and two sons (aged 10 and 12) spent 9 hours playing this the day it arrived - they absolutely loved it.

Page: 1 | 2